Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The nasty party 14:18 - Oct 22 with 2095 viewsHerbivore

Certainly living up to their name here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45938754

And whilst they're all at each other's throats whilst grimly clinging to power the country is going to ruin and sleepwalking towards a damaging Brexit.

Yay!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The nasty party on 14:21 - Oct 22 with 2072 viewsNo9

Have you forgotten "we're taking back control" ? only we aren't
The nasty party on 14:23 - Oct 22 with 2063 viewsfooters

Could it be that there is widespread misogyny in the Conservative party?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The nasty party on 14:44 - Oct 22 with 2016 viewsNo9

The nasty party on 14:23 - Oct 22 by footers

Hasn't that been ovious for many years?
The nasty party on 15:00 - Oct 22 with 1993 viewsm14_blue

Disgusting.

Brexit really has brought out the worst in people hasn't it?

Heidi Allen is lovely as ever though, what is she doing in that party?
The nasty party on 15:14 - Oct 22 with 1967 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Its a real pity there is no viable opposition.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The nasty party on 15:17 - Oct 22 with 1955 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The nasty party on 14:23 - Oct 22 by footers

I'm not sure what is misogynistic about those comments?

They may be in very very poor taste, but calling labelling the comments as misogyny is a rather large leap.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The nasty party on 15:19 - Oct 22 with 1953 viewsNo9

The nasty party on 15:14 - Oct 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its a real pity there is no viable opposition.

There will never be a viable opposition until there is a change in the tabloid media
The nasty party on 15:21 - Oct 22 with 1947 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The nasty party on 15:19 - Oct 22 by No9

There will never be a viable opposition until there is a change in the tabloid media

It didn't stop Tony Blair, and at that time the tabloid media had far, far more influence than it does now.

Login to get fewer ads

The nasty party on 15:29 - Oct 22 with 1934 viewsNo9

The nasty party on 15:21 - Oct 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

It didn't stop Tony Blair, and at that time the tabloid media had far, far more influence than it does now.

You have forgotten Blair flew 1/2 way round the world to get Murdoch on side = Bllair knew if he didn't do that he had no chance
The nasty party on 15:31 - Oct 22 with 1926 viewsfooters

The nasty party on 15:17 - Oct 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not sure what is misogynistic about those comments?

They may be in very very poor taste, but calling labelling the comments as misogyny is a rather large leap.

More a point about how easy it is to twist a few stupid words from people into a full-blown crisis, as we have witnessed with other parties of late.

I agree that they aren't misogynistic statements, but are in very bad taste, even for political theatre.

The nasty party on 15:32 - Oct 22 with 1922 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The nasty party on 15:29 - Oct 22 by No9

You have forgotten Blair flew 1/2 way round the world to get Murdoch on side = Bllair knew if he didn't do that he had no chance

That says it all really.

The current opposition leader does not have the leadership skills, charisma or influence to get the media on side. Whereas Tony Blair did.

That would suggest the opposition leader is the problem, not the tabloid media.

Blair didn't have the benefit of 'momentum' and having 100% of social media on his side.

The nasty party on 15:33 - Oct 22 with 1923 viewsBlueBadger

The nasty party on 15:29 - Oct 22 by No9

Oh please, the Major government was tired, out-of-touch, incompetent and impossibly divided over Europe, any halfway competent politician couldn't fail to make gains with that degree of government. It's telling that the Dear Leader CAN'T.
And, lest we forget, Labour held on until 2010, despite a press which had been wholly hostile for nearly all of his tenure once actually in office.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 15:34]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The nasty party on 15:39 - Oct 22 with 1889 viewsfooters

The nasty party on 15:32 - Oct 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

That says it all really.

The current opposition leader does not have the leadership skills, charisma or influence to get the media on side. Whereas Tony Blair did.

Blair didn't have the benefit of 'momentum' and having 100% of social media on his side.

From the outset Blair didn't actually want much to do with Murdoch but saw The Sun as a nice bonus, while keeping the Daily Mail at its least mad was Campbell's containment policy.

They weren't counting on The Sun coming out for them (har har) but that they did is more about Murdoch spotting a dead man walking than anything else.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 15:39]

The nasty party on 15:44 - Oct 22 with 1876 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That says it all really.

Either that or the current leader isn't prepared to let the media bosses dictate taxation policy.

Strong leadership or suicide? Only time will ultimately tell. Did he pull off a masterstroke to defy the polls last time or was it a disaster to fail to take advantage of a party in power on the verge of collapse? What spin do you want to put on it and where does the actual truth lie?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The nasty party on 15:49 - Oct 22 with 1861 viewsNo9

That says it all really.

You may consider the leader of the opposition the problem however he has made his party the largest political party in western Europe

The advise publicity (not all justified) the leader of the opposition has had to endure would have knocked most parties on the head not expanded.
The nasty party on 16:41 - Oct 22 with 1827 viewsGlasgowBlue

Utterly disgusting. Unfortunately the Tory party has always been disproportionately represented by misogynists.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The nasty party on 16:43 - Oct 22 with 1820 viewsGlasgowBlue

The nasty party on 15:39 - Oct 22 by footers

From the outset Blair didn't actually want much to do with Murdoch but saw The Sun as a nice bonus, while keeping the Daily Mail at its least mad was Campbell's containment policy.

They weren't counting on The Sun coming out for them (har har) but that they did is more about Murdoch spotting a dead man walking than anything else.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 15:39]

Blair was so reluctant to get into bed with Murdoch that he agreed to be Godfather to one of the dirty digger's sprogs.

Iron Lion Zion

The nasty party on 16:46 - Oct 22 with 1814 viewsfooters

The nasty party on 16:43 - Oct 22 by GlasgowBlue

Blair was so reluctant to get into bed with Murdoch that he agreed to be Godfather to one of the dirty digger's sprogs.

He certainly wanted to get into bed with his missus!

Yeah, it's a weird one that relationship. I think TB started to warm to Murdoch over the years, or perhaps TB/AC simply thought they couldn't count on RM's backing and were surprised when they got it.

I'll have to dig out the Campbell diaries for a quick reminder. But by god they're dull- or at least duller than I was expecting of him.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 16:47]

The nasty party on 17:28 - Oct 22 with 1786 viewsGlasgowBlue

The nasty party on 16:46 - Oct 22 by footers

He certainly wanted to get into bed with his missus!

Yeah, it's a weird one that relationship. I think TB started to warm to Murdoch over the years, or perhaps TB/AC simply thought they couldn't count on RM's backing and were surprised when they got it.

I'll have to dig out the Campbell diaries for a quick reminder. But by god they're dull- or at least duller than I was expecting of him.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 16:47]

Apparently Blair had more meetings and phone calls with Murdoch in the run up to the Iraq war than he did with Dubya.

Iron Lion Zion

The nasty party on 17:37 - Oct 22 with 1774 viewsfooters

The nasty party on 17:28 - Oct 22 by GlasgowBlue

Apparently Blair had more meetings and phone calls with Murdoch in the run up to the Iraq war than he did with Dubya.

So two Gods started speaking to him at the same time. Maybe that's what he meant by a 'conversion'!

Although I'm unsure whether he wasn't a war-mongering Murdoch reader in the first place ;)

The nasty party on 18:40 - Oct 22 with 1738 viewsbritbiker

The choices are great. A party that has always torn itself in two over Europe or a party that has zero control when dealing with public finances.

Can't say either really float my boat.
The nasty party on 21:47 - Oct 22 with 1647 viewsSwansea_Blue

The nasty party on 18:40 - Oct 22 by britbiker

The choices are great. A party that has always torn itself in two over Europe or a party that has zero control when dealing with public finances.

Can't say either really float my boat.

I’m not sure what you mean by “zero control”, but the position on public borrowing and debt repayment doesn’t appear to fit the Tory spin:

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2017/11/27/the-tories-created-two-thirds-of-t

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024