Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players leaving 15:16 - Oct 22 with 4161 viewsFrimleyBlue

Something I think needs to be put to bed is, " it's not Hurst's fault he lost players"

It is his fault, he is the manager. it's as simple as that, He allowed the transfers of contracted itfc players.

Waghorn "He and his young family were happy in the area, his wife Leoni had begun working with the Elena Baltacha Foundation and Waghorn’s parents had even moved to Suffolk."

Garner - defo needed to go near home, can't get away from that.

Webster... Now this is the strange one. You come in and you;ve got one of those players that everyone seems to rate, yet look at his injury record and think nah ill take the money. Firstly, think about why they are offering that sort of value baring in mind he's missed alot of games. That tells you he's highly valued. Now, sports science is Hurst biggest plus point no? so why did he sell him rather than work with him. Easy answer, saw the £ and thought sod it.

Players out on loan........ Woolfy , can't see why Woolfy is seen any worse than Mr Mistake ready to happen Nsiala.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Players leaving on 15:18 - Oct 22 with 2335 viewsJ2BLUE

Get it into your head. Waghorn wanted to go. Hurst, Waghorn, The Star, everyone who knows have said the same thing. He wanted to leave.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Players leaving on 15:18 - Oct 22 with 2319 viewsIllinoisblue

well then, frimley has said "it's as simple as that". No further questions your honour. Case closed.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Players leaving on 15:21 - Oct 22 with 2315 viewsFrimleyBlue

Players leaving on 15:18 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

Get it into your head. Waghorn wanted to go. Hurst, Waghorn, The Star, everyone who knows have said the same thing. He wanted to leave.

I don't need to get it into my head, he didn't want to go J2. NOT until he had the chat and Hurst made it clear he wasn't going to be in his thoughts.

Hurst wanted players, he wanted Jackson, he wanted Nolan, but he needed money He made sure Waghorn left, I know this 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

If you're going by EADT, you always ignore this, doesn't sound like a guy begging to move does it

before hurst starts
http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/martyn-waghorn-excited-to-begin-paul-hurst-era-at-ip

Told you before, he was happy, family happy in Suffolk
club told him they needed funds and he was the only saleable player left and they would be looking to get money in for him and it was not in the best interest of the club for him to remain at ITFC. AT that point, he had no choice but to review the bids.
Then and only then, did he then show his signs of being happy to move as you would expect of a player joining a club, it's no good saying I'm at derby but didn't really want to be here.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 15:28]

Waka waka eh eh

Players leaving on 15:23 - Oct 22 with 2299 viewsReuser_is_God

Players leaving on 15:21 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

I don't need to get it into my head, he didn't want to go J2. NOT until he had the chat and Hurst made it clear he wasn't going to be in his thoughts.

Hurst wanted players, he wanted Jackson, he wanted Nolan, but he needed money He made sure Waghorn left, I know this 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

If you're going by EADT, you always ignore this, doesn't sound like a guy begging to move does it

before hurst starts
http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/martyn-waghorn-excited-to-begin-paul-hurst-era-at-ip

Told you before, he was happy, family happy in Suffolk
club told him they needed funds and he was the only saleable player left and they would be looking to get money in for him and it was not in the best interest of the club for him to remain at ITFC. AT that point, he had no choice but to review the bids.
Then and only then, did he then show his signs of being happy to move as you would expect of a player joining a club, it's no good saying I'm at derby but didn't really want to be here.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 15:28]

Waghorn wasn't going to be in Hurst's plans?

LOL

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Players leaving on 15:23 - Oct 22 with 2296 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Like when Ronaldo and Bale went to Madrid.

I dont know why their managers didnt just keep them.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Players leaving on 15:24 - Oct 22 with 2296 viewsthecheek

Not suggesting he shouldn't have gone but do you think any of them would still be here if MM hadn't left?

Just trying to understand what's gone so wrong..
Players leaving on 15:27 - Oct 22 with 2274 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Players leaving on 15:24 - Oct 22 by thecheek

Not suggesting he shouldn't have gone but do you think any of them would still be here if MM hadn't left?

Just trying to understand what's gone so wrong..

I dont think MM could have stopped Waggy leaving, and probably wouldnt have stood in Garners way.

I think MM was similar to PH in that if a player wanted to leave and the money was enough, then he would let them go.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Players leaving on 15:29 - Oct 22 with 2252 viewsFrimleyBlue

Players leaving on 15:23 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

LOL

No because Hurst needed funds to bring in players.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Players leaving on 15:38 - Oct 22 with 2227 viewscasanovacrow

Cash in players on short term contracts that you can't afford to extend seems like the right thing to do to me. Especially when a load of players were already off after their contracts ran down before Hurst even got here and they needed to be replaced (seemingly without any funding allocated).
And as much as I didn't agree with letting the younger players go out on loan I can understand what the point was meant to be. Sadly they don't seem to be rated ready by the managers of the clubs they went to either.
on 15:44 - Oct 22 with 2196 views_

Players leaving on 15:18 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

Players leaving on 15:45 - Oct 22 with 2183 viewsitfcjoe

Players leaving on 15:23 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

LOL

There is a difference between not being in plans, and manager wanting you out because he thinks the money will make the squad better.

I'm sure if Waggy stayed he'd have played, obviously, but Hurst wanted to get him out and use the money when it came to the crux of the transfer.

Waghorn would've stayed with a new contract - and Garner was an hour away from staying so we were obviously prepared to keep him despite him wanting to go back to the NW

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Players leaving on 15:48 - Oct 22 with 2145 viewsReuser_is_God

Players leaving on 15:45 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

There is a difference between not being in plans, and manager wanting you out because he thinks the money will make the squad better.

I'm sure if Waggy stayed he'd have played, obviously, but Hurst wanted to get him out and use the money when it came to the crux of the transfer.

Waghorn would've stayed with a new contract - and Garner was an hour away from staying so we were obviously prepared to keep him despite him wanting to go back to the NW

Appreciate all that.

Re Waghorn could we have matched what Derby offered him though? I doubt it. It shouldn't always be 'sell your best players to get some new ones in' either.

If Evans was an sort of owner he'd offer Waghorn an improved deal & let Hurst get in those he wants.

Evans out

Players leaving on 15:48 - Oct 22 with 2147 viewsPinewoodblue

I'm in danger of defending Frimley but if Waggy was happy, before he met Hurst, perhaps he didn't like what he saw. Not keen on being in a side heading for relegation

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Players leaving on 15:49 - Oct 22 with 2136 viewsReuser_is_God

on 15:44 - Oct 22 by _

That's more of an owner issue IMO.

Hurst would've wanted to keep Waghorn & bring in his players.

Evans out

Players leaving on 15:50 - Oct 22 with 2134 viewsitfcjoe

Players leaving on 15:48 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

Appreciate all that.

Re Waghorn could we have matched what Derby offered him though? I doubt it. It shouldn't always be 'sell your best players to get some new ones in' either.

If Evans was an sort of owner he'd offer Waghorn an improved deal & let Hurst get in those he wants.

Again from what I've heard, but we wouldn't have needed to match Derby offer - just a suitable increase to reward his first season - he was very happy here

on 15:51 - Oct 22 with 2106 views_

Players leaving on 15:49 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

Players leaving on 15:52 - Oct 22 with 2092 viewsReuser_is_God

Players leaving on 15:50 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

Again from what I've heard, but we wouldn't have needed to match Derby offer - just a suitable increase to reward his first season - he was very happy here

Yeah I get that.

So why couldn't we offer Waghorn a wage rise or whatever he wanted & still have got players in Hurst wanted? It's that sort of 'one or the other' mantra which results in situation like what we're in now.

Evans out

on 15:53 - Oct 22 with 2090 views_

Players leaving on 15:50 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

Players leaving on 15:54 - Oct 22 with 2076 viewsReuser_is_God

on 15:51 - Oct 22 by _

This comes back to our budget not being enough though doesn't it?

Which is the owner.

Evans out

on 15:54 - Oct 22 with 2073 views_

Players leaving on 15:52 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah I get that.

So why couldn't we offer Waghorn a wage rise or whatever he wanted & still have got players in Hurst wanted? It's that sort of 'one or the other' mantra which results in situation like what we're in now.

Players leaving on 15:55 - Oct 22 with 2058 viewsReuser_is_God

on 15:53 - Oct 22 by _

But he shouldn't have had to make the choice surely?

We should have a budget that enables us to retain our best players & bring others in.

Evans out

on 15:55 - Oct 22 with 2056 views_

Players leaving on 15:54 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

This comes back to our budget not being enough though doesn't it?

Which is the owner.

Players leaving on 15:55 - Oct 22 with 2047 viewsFrimleyBlue

Players leaving on 15:49 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

"Asked if he needed to sell Waghorn in order to fund further signings, the Blues boss said: “I think we could do something, but certainly there will be a lot of other things we could do if certain things happen."

Hurst was desperately trying to get funds in, he had a lot of players on his mind, he even admitted he changed more than Evans first thought.

The interesting thing is, we turned down big bids for Waghorn, that were to be given in separate instalments and milestones, yet we took a lower more upfront bid......... reason. so paul could go shopping.

Waka waka eh eh

Players leaving on 15:56 - Oct 22 with 2037 viewsReuser_is_God

on 15:54 - Oct 22 by _

But he had to choose between Waghorn new deal & new players?

I'm not defending Hurst as such here, I just don't think the Waghorn situation was completely his making.

Evans out

Players leaving on 15:58 - Oct 22 with 2015 viewsitfcjoe

Players leaving on 15:52 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah I get that.

There has to be a limit though, this move allowed him to bring in Nolan and Nsiala; and potentially Jackson (can't remember exact timing).

I think Evans giving Hurst majority of fees brought in is fair enough, we clearly do have to run to a budget so has to be one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024