Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This team is not as bad as people are claiming 15:59 - Oct 22 with 4417 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If it was, then Hurst is performing a miracle to have us so close to safety.

The real problem is they are not playing well.

Bart's form (and now Gerken) is nothing like last season. Is Pennington or even Nsiala any worse than whoever partnered Chambers last season? Knudsen is still here. Is Donacien any worse than Spence? Lining them up out of position doesn't help but it has been a lot of individual errors that have cost us defensively.

We are missing Waghorn's creativity and finishing for sure. We need someone from Edwards, Nolan, Dozzell and Chalobah to step up but we were comfortably mid-table last season. There is no reason why a good manager can't have us out of the relegation zone. Currently, the signs are that Hurst cannot get the best out of the players he has.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:05 - Oct 22 with 4023 viewsIllinoisblue

Let's be honest, it's a piss-weak squad devoid of defensive solidity, creativity and goal threat. But to your point, we have on paper a better squad than Rotherham, Milwall, Reading and maybe a couple others. We should stay up, but I very much doubt we will.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:09 - Oct 22 with 3996 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's performing a miracle?

This is his side.....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

on 16:11 - Oct 22 with 3984 views_

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:13 - Oct 22 with 3978 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:09 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

This is his side.....

Did you read my post at all or just that one line?

Some people (including you, I believe) are claiming the players are so poor no manager could keep us up.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 16:15]

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:17 - Oct 22 with 3950 viewsFrimleyBlue

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:13 - Oct 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Did you read my post at all or just that one line?

Some people (including you, I believe) are claiming the players are so poor no manager could keep us up.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 16:15]

Sorry I don't get what you're saying..

Waka waka eh eh

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:21 - Oct 22 with 3930 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:17 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

Sorry I don't get what you're saying..

What I am saying is either the team is good enough to stay up (my belief), or Hurst is doing a good job with the personnel he has (not my belief).

Supporting evidence in the further comments in the OP. We are missing Waghorn from last season. That is not the difference between 12th and 24th cut adrift (in my opinion). It is the management of the players we have and the tactics that are wrong.

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:29 - Oct 22 with 3899 viewsBluedandy

Hurst is not a good manager at this level and should be dumped before we endure any more damage.

All is not lost but it soon will be if Evans dithers much longer.
This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:30 - Oct 22 with 3884 viewsFrimleyBlue

The answer is. Half the team are good. Half the team is shte. Results depend on which side of the coin guests selection falls upon.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:31 - Oct 22 with 3877 viewsswede

I wish you were right, but from what I saw on Saturday, this team has bottom of the table relegation written all over it. I have been going to PR for almost 50 years and I have not seen a weaker team in all those years. I spoke with some QPR offcials afterwards who were shocked at how poor we were and this has been said in another thread on here today.

The game was littered with basic errors (see the goals) from town players and the back line had no other plan than to hit a high ball down the pitch to a 5ft 7inch Freddie Sears. Paul Hurst has made some very poor signings and even worse tactical decisions with square pegs in round holes.

It grieves me to say it, but I cannot see us getting out of this mess without drastic action.
This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:33 - Oct 22 with 3872 viewsitfcjoe

If it's any consolation I understand your point and agree to an extent - this side being organised and defending set pieces better would have seen us easily a few places higher and not in the bottom 3.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:40 - Oct 22 with 3823 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Bialkowski last 3 season has been the player of the season. Should be starting.

Donacien better than Spence, but no better than Emmanuel imo.

We should have gone back for CCV, was on the loan market for such a long time before Swansea and with him being here last year seemed a natural fit with Chambers. (Nsiala isn't at Championship level, ridiculously rash and is finding hard now everyone in this league is so much sharper than L1).

Knudsen is what Knudsen is.

Chalobah and Skuse an ok pair I feel.

Edwards good signing. But Nolan, Ward, Sears and Jackson is an embarrassing replacement for Waghorn, Celina, McGoldrick and Garner, there is the reason we are going down, and we are going down if Hurst remains in charge.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:40 - Oct 22 with 3822 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:31 - Oct 22 by swede

I wish you were right, but from what I saw on Saturday, this team has bottom of the table relegation written all over it. I have been going to PR for almost 50 years and I have not seen a weaker team in all those years. I spoke with some QPR offcials afterwards who were shocked at how poor we were and this has been said in another thread on here today.

The game was littered with basic errors (see the goals) from town players and the back line had no other plan than to hit a high ball down the pitch to a 5ft 7inch Freddie Sears. Paul Hurst has made some very poor signings and even worse tactical decisions with square pegs in round holes.

It grieves me to say it, but I cannot see us getting out of this mess without drastic action.

That performance, yes. Like the one at Grimsby to finish off Burley.

However, it is a tactical thing above a personnel thing. Bart, Chambers and Knudsen did not play far above their ability last season. The basic errors are coming from a lack of cohesion and tactics. Whether his signings are poor only time will tell. However, we have sufficient Championship standard players that an effective manager should keep us up. This would suggest Hurst is not a sufficiently effective manager.

What we really need is to get the tactics right and find effective partnerships throughout the pitch. I haven't much sign of those at all yet.

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:46 - Oct 22 with 3795 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:40 - Oct 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Bialkowski last 3 season has been the player of the season. Should be starting.

Donacien better than Spence, but no better than Emmanuel imo.

We should have gone back for CCV, was on the loan market for such a long time before Swansea and with him being here last year seemed a natural fit with Chambers. (Nsiala isn't at Championship level, ridiculously rash and is finding hard now everyone in this league is so much sharper than L1).

Knudsen is what Knudsen is.

Chalobah and Skuse an ok pair I feel.

Edwards good signing. But Nolan, Ward, Sears and Jackson is an embarrassing replacement for Waghorn, Celina, McGoldrick and Garner, there is the reason we are going down, and we are going down if Hurst remains in charge.

Agreed, although I understood Bart getting dropped. Had he not been, the message would have been that players were going to play regardless of form. He should be back for the Leeds game in my view (and with a point to prove).

What we got from Celina, McGoldrick and Garner should easily be replaced by Dozzell, Edwards and Ward. Jackson and Sears are a step down from Waghorn without a doubt but not the difference between comfortable mid table and certain relegation. If we go down with Hurst (or anyone else) it is because the manager is not good enough rather than because the players are not. I agree, it is a realistic danger at the moment.

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 19:25 - Oct 22 with 3644 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Why does it have to be him performing miracles? Its a very poor squad performing at that level:poorly. He put it together so he has to take the blame unfortunately. It would be difficult but not impossible for another manager to get much out of this team. It can be done i.e. in Mick fashion but it is going to be very difficult now.

The only thing this squad has in its favour is it has some real decent young players who could be developed but that is never a given.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

You're right..... on 19:29 - Oct 22 with 3635 viewsBloots

....it's actually a lot worse.

There are still some people who think we'll be OK purely because of the OTT position they took with the previous manager.

They don't want to lose face now.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

You're right..... on 19:38 - Oct 22 with 3595 viewsBlueBadger

You're right..... on 19:29 - Oct 22 by Bloots

....it's actually a lot worse.

There are still some people who think we'll be OK purely because of the OTT position they took with the previous manager.

They don't want to lose face now.

Don't be mach-ing a scene now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 22:06 - Oct 22 with 3475 viewsTheSelkirk

PH has certainly managed to keep us a lot closer to the top of League 1 than I expected.
This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 22:54 - Oct 22 with 3396 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I agree with you. The squad, albeit evidently poorer than last season, is better than the current league position but Hurst cannot get the best out of them, not even close, and it’s gone too far now for him to recover it.
This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 23:01 - Oct 22 with 3364 viewsLeagueOne

They are though. You can dress it up all you like, that QPR performance was one of the worse Town performances we have EVER seen. How can you deny that? Why would you want this to continue?

"The real problem is they are not playing well. "

Really...

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 23:06 - Oct 22 with 3352 viewsCurrie10

Wake up and open your eyes.

I've been watching games since 2003 - so not going to comment pre then as would be foolish.

This is to me, the worst collective bunch of players we've had in my time as an active fan in relation to the division.

Even under Keane + Jewell's lowest points, we had several good players.

Cresswell / McAuley / Chopra pre issues / Bullard / D.Wright / others.

This team collectively is absolutely toilet.
This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 23:08 - Oct 22 with 3349 viewsSarge

Is Pennington or even Nsiala any worse than whoever partnered Chambers last season?
- erm yes, Nsiala is a complete liability and CCV was a class act

Waghorn, Garner, McG were all comfortably better than our current striker offerings

Donacien is ok but doesn’t seem to play in the same position more than once

Midfield is empty, Chalobah hot and cold, Edwards good but isolated, Nolan....yeah

It’s a piss poor squad and that’s reflected by so many piss poor performances and one solitary win.
This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 23:58 - Oct 22 with 3266 viewsBlueBadger

We can't score, we can't defend and the manager is insistent on shoe-horning in players out-of-position into a system none of them seem to be able to play in.

At this point in time, he's Keane-meets-Jewell with an extra wrinkle of his own.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 06:30 - Oct 23 with 3171 viewsReuser_is_God

No, it’s far worse than any of us can put into words.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 06:32 - Oct 23 with 3164 viewsBenters2

This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 16:09 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

This is his side.....

Did he mention PH is a tatical genius i got bored reading it.
This team is not as bad as people are claiming on 06:55 - Oct 23 with 3114 views44_not_out

The squad last season was probably just about ‘average’ and over achieved, given the motivation they had. This squad is weaker, but drastically underachieving, thus the league position. If you look at the sidelines and a guy with little passion, who looks like a rabbit in the headlights, is it any surprise! See ya Hurst, thanks for coming but enough is enough.

I think we have enough to finish 4th bottom, but not with him in charge!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024