Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burley & Butcher 16:45 - Oct 22 with 1114 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

A real positive that Burley and Butcher would bring is that they would really bring back to these players what it really means to play Ipswich Town Football Club. I think a lot of these players just go through the motions and don't know what it means to wear the badge, Burley & Butcher wouldn't stand for that.

The fans deserve so much better than what is going at this football club right now.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Burley & Butcher on 17:00 - Oct 22 with 1078 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I know what you are saying but i'm not convinced. I think our major issue here is a lack of quality. We either need to bring that in the door or improve the coaching (perhaps Burley could bring that). I don't think there is a big problem with the character of the players. Mich left good characters and most that have joined have worked their way up so are not diva types.

Again i think anyone is going to struggle with this squad currently. If Burley came i think he would be looking for gems from the youth and knows how to use them and has a good track record. It would be a huge gamble hoping he could turn it around after this long out. More of a gamble than Hurst was in all honesty.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Burley & Butcher on 17:01 - Oct 22 with 1075 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Burley & Butcher on 17:00 - Oct 22 by Terry_Nutkins

I know what you are saying but i'm not convinced. I think our major issue here is a lack of quality. We either need to bring that in the door or improve the coaching (perhaps Burley could bring that). I don't think there is a big problem with the character of the players. Mich left good characters and most that have joined have worked their way up so are not diva types.

Again i think anyone is going to struggle with this squad currently. If Burley came i think he would be looking for gems from the youth and knows how to use them and has a good track record. It would be a huge gamble hoping he could turn it around after this long out. More of a gamble than Hurst was in all honesty.

I think lack of quality is evident for all, but the pride of playing for a once great club seems to have gone, no honour of wearing the badge, (except Chambers). Shouldn't be allowed to wear the badge most of them.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Burley & Butcher on 19:46 - Oct 22 with 926 viewsPositivelyPortman

You’re dreaming mate.
Burley’s been out of the game far too long and Butcher’s record as a manager is dire.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Burley & Butcher on 20:03 - Oct 22 with 871 viewsBinner

Burley & Butcher on 19:46 - Oct 22 by PositivelyPortman

You’re dreaming mate.
Burley’s been out of the game far too long and Butcher’s record as a manager is dire.

Exactly right.

We'd be better off with Penn and Teller.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Burley & Butcher on 20:10 - Oct 22 with 847 viewsgt81

Burley & Butcher on 20:03 - Oct 22 by Binner

Exactly right.

We'd be better off with Penn and Teller.

I think the risk is if he came in and couldn't turn it round it would sully his memory, it didn't end well last time.
Burley & Butcher on 20:19 - Oct 22 with 823 viewspennyfathersleg

The more I think about it, Burley and Butcher until the end of the season is a great and pretty much the obvious choice. I’m not sure who else would want to come in here at the moment, we really are in a mess!

If they came in, they know the club inside out, including pretty much all the players, so they could hit the ground running, no settling in time needed. They would be here for the right reasons - ITFC, not the money or their own CV. They have experience, ok not the greatest records but it’s not about winning things at the moment, it’s about organisation and back to being ITFC.

We’re pretty much relegated already, so if we did go down with them in charge, it’s PH’s fault. If they keep us up, they would be bigger heroes than they already are.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 20:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024