Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Holland on TS 16:54 - Oct 22 with 14212 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Summary:

ME has been talking to other managers.

Atmosphere on training ground not good.

Players unhappy.

No quality in the side.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Matt Holland on TS on 17:17 - Oct 22 with 3409 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Matt Holland on TS on 17:09 - Oct 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Chambers is the only exception of someone who genuinely has passion about the club. Chambers isn't the best footballer in the world but I would take 11 Chambers right now every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Chambo fist pump.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Matt Holland on TS on 17:20 - Oct 22 with 3377 viewsitfcjoe

Matt Holland on TS on 17:04 - Oct 22 by clive_baker

I don't agree when you have a back room team as capable as the one we have.

Even if you don’t, if the manager is such a disaster then you just have to take your chances

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Matt Holland on TS on 17:27 - Oct 22 with 3301 viewsPJH

Matt Holland on TS on 17:04 - Oct 22 by clive_baker

I don't agree when you have a back room team as capable as the one we have.

Not sure if you are suggesting that someone on the staff steps up to take the job permanently then (despite upvoting) I do not think I agree but if you are suggesting overseeing things for a game or two whilst a permanent replacement is found then I am ok with that.
I suppose some of the back room staff-or all of them-would have been gone if Hurst had had his way but I imagine ME will make the same stipulation to our soon to be (hopefully) next manager.
Matt Holland on TS on 17:30 - Oct 22 with 3286 viewsLord_Lucan

Matt Holland on TS on 17:09 - Oct 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Chambers is the only exception of someone who genuinely has passion about the club. Chambers isn't the best footballer in the world but I would take 11 Chambers right now every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Chambers and Skuse are keeping the club together as best they can - for the time being.

Sh1t shower of a clusterfcuk.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Matt Holland on TS on 17:32 - Oct 22 with 3256 viewsMullet

Wonder if those who are still giving it the daily chestbeating "shut up and f'off" type rhetoric will join those who have flip-flopped already on this season, and what's been clear for some time then?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Matt Holland on TS on 17:33 - Oct 22 with 3234 viewsjeera

Matt Holland on TS on 17:16 - Oct 22 by Superfrans

is there any option to listen again anywhere??

Wondering the same, without the need to wait for some podcast or something.

I hoped there may be some rewind option but I don't see it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Matt Holland on TS on 17:34 - Oct 22 with 3231 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Matt Holland on TS on 17:30 - Oct 22 by Lord_Lucan

Chambers and Skuse are keeping the club together as best they can - for the time being.

Sh1t shower of a clusterfcuk.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Two stalwarts of the football club, go about the business in different ways, but can certainly see why MM persisted with them for so long. Not the best footballers but proper professionals. Surround them with genuine talent and its a perfect mix for a squad. Something MM didn't do too well unfortunately. Im thinking (Tabby, Skuse, Douglas, Anderson, Hyam etc.)

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Matt Holland on TS on 17:36 - Oct 22 with 3207 viewsMullet

Matt Holland on TS on 17:33 - Oct 22 by jeera

Wondering the same, without the need to wait for some podcast or something.

I hoped there may be some rewind option but I don't see it.

Yeah found the same, appealed via twitter so if I come across it I'll post you a link

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Holland on TS on 17:36 - Oct 22 with 3207 viewsReuser_is_God

Matt Holland on TS on 17:32 - Oct 22 by Mullet

Wonder if those who are still giving it the daily chestbeating "shut up and f'off" type rhetoric will join those who have flip-flopped already on this season, and what's been clear for some time then?

Not being funny your lordship but I think you’ll find that stopped a while ago in fairness.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Matt Holland on TS on 17:40 - Oct 22 with 3158 viewsFrimleyBlue

Matt Holland on TS on 17:16 - Oct 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

A LOT more weight.

Although I might listen to Lord Lucan more from now on.

Or others that have advised of certain situations before anyone else.

Just saying...

I've spent 3 months defending myself yet finally everyone is seeing every single thing I ever wrote come out of the woodwork.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Matt Holland on TS on 17:43 - Oct 22 with 3130 viewsjeera

Matt Holland on TS on 17:36 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

Not being funny your lordship but I think you’ll find that stopped a while ago in fairness.

There's been plenty of flak thrown at the likes of half a dozen posters who dared express concern at stories of discontent in the camp though.

When Matt says it, then all is acceptable.

No, I know you weren't one of them. Just saying it here.

Matt Holland on TS on 17:47 - Oct 22 with 3090 viewsLankHenners

Matt Holland on TS on 17:40 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

Or others that have advised of certain situations before anyone else.

Just saying...

I've spent 3 months defending myself yet finally everyone is seeing every single thing I ever wrote come out of the woodwork.

You've been moaning about anything and everything since before Hurst joined, some of which is vaguely connected to something that someone who actually knows something said, and some of which is obvious stuff that plenty of other people have been saying in a way that isn't claiming that they're some sort of divine oracle.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Matt Holland on TS on 17:49 - Oct 22 with 3062 viewsjeera

Matt Holland on TS on 17:47 - Oct 22 by LankHenners

You've been moaning about anything and everything since before Hurst joined, some of which is vaguely connected to something that someone who actually knows something said, and some of which is obvious stuff that plenty of other people have been saying in a way that isn't claiming that they're some sort of divine oracle.

About the size of it.

He stumbles over himself all the time desperate to take credit for something.

No one [in their right mind] cares.

Matt Holland on TS on 17:50 - Oct 22 with 3056 viewsLeagueOne

I have never heard an ex-player from that generation talk this way about current affairs at the club before, even going as far to say the owner is actively looking for replacements.

Obviously both Dyer and Wright and involved at the club whom Holland knows well and had played with, so this really does speak volumes that change is indeed on it's way and Hurst is done for me. He wouldn't just say it, he's not that type of bloke.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/matt-holland-on-ipswich-town-and-paul-hurst-1-574730

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Matt Holland on TS on 17:54 - Oct 22 with 3013 viewsleeipsw

Matt Holland on TS on 17:49 - Oct 22 by jeera

About the size of it.

He stumbles over himself all the time desperate to take credit for something.

No one [in their right mind] cares.

Is there a link to interview?

Heard Saturday from ex player that chambers and Skuse are holding club together.At Swansea chambers in the huddle gave his instructions don’t listen to manager this is how we are going to play apparently Paul Hurst is so arrogant and rude to players and is not liked didn’t hear about pass theories on Doig though worrying times
Matt Holland on TS on 18:42 - Oct 22 with 2778 viewsMullet

Matt Holland on TS on 17:36 - Oct 22 by Mullet

Yeah found the same, appealed via twitter so if I come across it I'll post you a link

Matt Holland on TS on 18:50 - Oct 22 with 2722 viewsDebsyAngel

Matt Holland on TS on 18:42 - Oct 22 by Mullet

Thanks for posting that. It's really interesting, and he looks like he is really concerned for the state of things. Good on him.
Matt Holland on TS on 18:54 - Oct 22 with 2690 viewsjeera

Matt Holland on TS on 18:50 - Oct 22 by DebsyAngel

Thanks for posting that. It's really interesting, and he looks like he is really concerned for the state of things. Good on him.

Yes, cheers Mullers.

Matt Holland on TS on 18:56 - Oct 22 with 2677 viewsSuperblue95

Matt Holland on TS on 18:42 - Oct 22 by Mullet

When you hear someone like Matt Holland come out with stuff like that then you know that Hurst really could be in trouble

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Matt Holland on TS on 19:02 - Oct 22 with 2639 viewshowdonblue

Matt Holland on TS on 18:56 - Oct 22 by Superblue95

When you hear someone like Matt Holland come out with stuff like that then you know that Hurst really could be in trouble

Thanks mullet

Wow Matt Holland talking like that.

Hurst is toast
Matt Holland on TS on 19:12 - Oct 22 with 2552 viewsIllinoisblue

Matt Holland on TS on 17:54 - Oct 22 by leeipsw

Is there a link to interview?

Heard Saturday from ex player that chambers and Skuse are holding club together.At Swansea chambers in the huddle gave his instructions don’t listen to manager this is how we are going to play apparently Paul Hurst is so arrogant and rude to players and is not liked didn’t hear about pass theories on Doig though worrying times

christ almighty, if Skuse is holding us together one can only wonder at how bad things must be

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Matt Holland on TS on 19:18 - Oct 22 with 2504 viewsportmanking

Matt Holland on TS on 19:12 - Oct 22 by Illinoisblue

christ almighty, if Skuse is holding us together one can only wonder at how bad things must be

Whatever you think of Skuse on the pitch, off it and on the training ground he's an absolute credit to his profession...
Indeed, we could do a lot worse than..... on 19:26 - Oct 22 with 2448 viewsBloots

Matt Holland on TS on 19:18 - Oct 22 by portmanking

Whatever you think of Skuse on the pitch, off it and on the training ground he's an absolute credit to his profession...

....look to Skuse and Chambo to get far more involved in an official capacity.

Not sure where they are in terms of coaching badges, but they are both obvious future management material.

It's become plainly obvious, even without hearing it "from the horses mouth", that there is a total lack of motivation coming from the current management team.

That would definitely change with the right coaching inspiration.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Matt Holland on TS on 19:27 - Oct 22 with 2442 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Matt Holland on TS on 19:18 - Oct 22 by portmanking

Indeed. Both him and Chambers deserve a lot of credit and we’re lucky to have them.
Matt Holland on TS on 19:38 - Oct 22 with 2388 viewspointofblue

I know this is going to get a mountain of down arrows but I'm ready for them... how does this benefit the club exactly? The squad? The management team? Evans himself?

The management team has now had the rug pulled from under them by someone who must be pretty close to those involved at the club, with Holland coming out and saying Evans is sounding out managers. Any authority they had left has now gone and, in turn, has any trace of motivational ability they (may) have left.

The players have been told by a respected ex that they're out of the depth based on the numbers who have joined from lower level - is a change of manager supposed to help with this? Are their places at the club under threat if Evans does loosen the purse strings in January and, if so, surely that just increases the pressure on their shoulders at the moment?

And how does this benefit Evans? I think many of us thought the hiring process had logic to it this time around and were looking forward to a young up-and-coming manager taking charge of the side. Now he's sounding out managers, and it's making the press (I don't think it being made public happens very often but maybe I don't follow other clubs close enough) then any manager will feel the axe hovering over them after a bad run, possibly with the help of the players.

It's an utter and complete mess and it seems like it's going to come to a head very soon. But is washing our dirty washing in public actually benefiting anyone involved at the club?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024