Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Holland 17:51 - Oct 22 with 2580 viewsWickets

Just read that Matt Holland has said on Talk sport that he has heard that we are talking to other managers. Can anyone confirm?
Matt Holland on 17:53 - Oct 22 with 2527 viewsLeagueOne

I don't think this forum would know anymore than Matt Holland. Matt's still well connected at the club, and he's not the sort of bloke to just say this sort of thing. I'd say Hurst is gone from that statement and he's more or less confirmed what rumoured to be the case here with Hurst and his overall management here.

Remember that Dyer and Wright are still active in the Town set up and will likely have spoken about the ongoing issues at the club.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Matt Holland on 17:58 - Oct 22 with 2474 viewsWickets

Matt Holland on 17:53 - Oct 22 by LeagueOne

I don't think this forum would know anymore than Matt Holland. Matt's still well connected at the club, and he's not the sort of bloke to just say this sort of thing. I'd say Hurst is gone from that statement and he's more or less confirmed what rumoured to be the case here with Hurst and his overall management here.

Remember that Dyer and Wright are still active in the Town set up and will likely have spoken about the ongoing issues at the club.

I was asking for confirmation that he ( Holland) did actually say that as i didn't hear it myself.
Matt Holland on 17:58 - Oct 22 with 2479 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

i'm hearing Hurst will be gone shortly from my source but time will tell
Matt Holland on 18:02 - Oct 22 with 2432 viewsPlums

Matt Holland on 17:58 - Oct 22 by Wickets

I was asking for confirmation that he ( Holland) did actually say that as i didn't hear it myself.

He said ‘I heard a couple of weeks ago that ME has spoken to other managers’ or words to that effect.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Matt Holland on 18:03 - Oct 22 with 2404 viewsWickets

Matt Holland on 18:02 - Oct 22 by Plums

He said ‘I heard a couple of weeks ago that ME has spoken to other managers’ or words to that effect.

Thanks.
Matt Holland on 18:14 - Oct 22 with 2286 viewsJohnny_Boy

You missed a vital bit of information.

He said that he had heard rumours that Evans had talked to other managers....BEFORE the Swansea match.
Matt Holland on 18:16 - Oct 22 with 2233 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Matt Holland on 17:58 - Oct 22 by Wickets

Confirmed. Heard it all on TalkSPORT.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Matt Holland on 18:19 - Oct 22 with 2213 viewsHennikerBlu

“I have heard that Marcus Evans has spoken to other managers and there’s a chance the situation might change, so that will be interesting to see."

This is from a transcript of the interview reported here:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/matt-holland-on-ipswich-town-and-paul-hurst-1-574730

Kindly provided by LeagueOne on another thread.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 18:20]
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Holland on 18:34 - Oct 22 with 2024 viewsLeagueOne

Matt Holland on 18:19 - Oct 22 by HennikerBlu

“I have heard that Marcus Evans has spoken to other managers and there’s a chance the situation might change, so that will be interesting to see."

This is from a transcript of the interview reported here:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/matt-holland-on-ipswich-town-and-paul-hurst-1-574730

Kindly provided by LeagueOne on another thread.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 18:20]

Speaks volumes! Maybe Hurst knows given how glum he's looked of late.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Matt Holland on 18:52 - Oct 22 with 1888 viewsHennikerBlu

Matt Holland on 18:34 - Oct 22 by LeagueOne

It does make you wonder if something is close to happening for Matt to say this now. As I think you mentioned, very much out of character for him. Will make the next presser very interesting.

Very odd start to the game on Saturday, it seemed like the players were indifferent. Normally with a decent crowd, on the back of win at home you would think they would be fired up.
Matt Holland on 18:52 - Oct 22 with 1878 viewsGeoffSentence

Matt Holland on 18:14 - Oct 22 by Johnny_Boy

You missed a vital bit of information.

He said that he had heard rumours that Evans had talked to other managers....BEFORE the Swansea match.

Probably meant that he read TWTD.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Matt Holland on 20:27 - Oct 22 with 1619 viewsRegencyBlue

Matt Holland on 18:34 - Oct 22 by LeagueOne

Unless he is a complete moron Hurst must know that his days are numbered!

Nobody could produce the shambles he has done and expect to survive surely?
Matt Holland on 20:40 - Oct 22 with 1587 viewsBryanPlug

Matt Holland on 20:27 - Oct 22 by RegencyBlue

Unless he is a complete moron Hurst must know that his days are numbered!

Nobody could produce the shambles he has done and expect to survive surely?

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Matt Holland on 20:41 - Oct 22 with 1579 viewsRegencyBlue

Matt Holland on 20:40 - Oct 22 by BryanPlug

Fair point!
Matt Holland on 20:52 - Oct 22 with 1531 viewsWickets

Matt Holland on 20:40 - Oct 22 by BryanPlug

Church of England.
Matt Holland on 21:12 - Oct 22 with 1485 viewsRobTheMonk

That Swansea game papered over some cracks. They defended like sh1te for our goals and should of scored 3 goals in the first 30 minutes (they were literally an inch from scoring in 3 near identical chances). How we won I'll never know.

The game on Saturday was a completly gutless performance. The only player with any balls was Lankester who game on and gave it a good go.

You can see that the team don't have any real plan. At least when we had Muphy and to some extent Garner, we could play hoof ball. Murphy turned into proverbial footballing messiah for a season and Garner would fall over, get us a foul in turn getting us up the pitch. You can't do that with bloody Freddie Sears. Against Middlesborough was a joke to watch (Flint and Ayala vs hoof). We tried to do it with Ellis Harrison who to give him his due, won a fair amount of headers. Only, no one is near him.

And God knows what Nsiala was doing for QPR's second goal.

I stand by what I said earlier in the season after the cup loss, "Let's see where we are come September/October time and go from there". Well it's coming to the end of October and it's been bloody awful lol.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 21:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024