Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. 21:38 - Oct 22 with 2181 viewsshamboy

Work it out. Severance with contract virtually new. £2m? New Manager will not come in without agreeing playing budget and will want three+ new players to give us a fighting chance. Cost? £5-7m?

Conclusion. Evans will opt for relegation. If I was him, I probably would.
How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 21:43 - Oct 22 with 2138 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't see it being anywhere near that. Plenty of managers would work within the loan/free agents restrictions to get back in work.

I wonder if there is some sort of clause in Hurst's deal where compensation isn't a massive amount? He didn't move his family down here. Pure speculation of course.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 21:44 - Oct 22 with 2113 viewsfooters

If you would opt for relegation you're an idiot.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 21:46 - Oct 22 with 2087 viewstractorboy1978

Relegation is catastrophic for Evans, make no mistake about that.
How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 22:10 - Oct 22 with 1941 viewsTheSelkirk

I suggest, in the long term, it might well cost more to keep him.
How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 22:14 - Oct 22 with 1909 viewsBackToRussia

So you know how much relegation would cost us and it's less than £7 million?

How've you worked that out then?

Fully expecting a Swiss Ramble style post now, of course.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 22:57 - Oct 22 with 1780 viewsBrightonBlue

How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 21:43 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

Can't see it being anywhere near that. Plenty of managers would work within the loan/free agents restrictions to get back in work.

I wonder if there is some sort of clause in Hurst's deal where compensation isn't a massive amount? He didn't move his family down here. Pure speculation of course.

I’d imagine that’s the case. Amongst all the other rumours is the severance clause and the low payment due if gone by November. Possibly hearsay, but wouldn’t surprise me re a staggered severance based on length of service.
How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 00:01 - Oct 23 with 1699 viewsBlueBadger

It'll cost us a lot more to linger around in League One than to let him go.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 00:18 - Oct 23 with 1668 viewspointofblue

How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 22:57 - Oct 22 by BrightonBlue

I’d imagine that’s the case. Amongst all the other rumours is the severance clause and the low payment due if gone by November. Possibly hearsay, but wouldn’t surprise me re a staggered severance based on length of service.

Rumour I heard is if we were in the bottom three from October onwards then Evans could sack him without a pay off. I stress that is only a rumour though, via a friend of a coach down there.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 06:50 - Oct 23 with 1520 viewsCoastalblue

How much will it cost to oust Paul Hurst? £5m? £10m. on 00:18 - Oct 23 by pointofblue

Rumour I heard is if we were in the bottom three from October onwards then Evans could sack him without a pay off. I stress that is only a rumour though, via a friend of a coach down there.

If nothing else Evans is a sharp and canny businessman, Hurst is/was not an established name on the management circuit but someone moving up the ladder therefore I would expect there to be all sorts of performance criteria written into the contract.
In short I doubt it would cost an awful lot to move him on, still not convinced that will happen this side of Christmas though.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024