Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How has it come to this?? 21:55 - Oct 22 with 4576 viewsFootballpete

We all wanted the only non terrible appointment of the Evans era to leave, and now it seems that we are now lumbered with a Roy Keane mark two, only with a crap squad and no money.

I don’t particularly blame Evans for his lack of investment, what grates me is that it is clear he has no idea how to run a football club, and is terribly advised to boot.

All very depressing.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

How has it come to this?? on 21:59 - Oct 22 with 3812 viewsbackwaywhen

That has been the issue from day one ...Evans and all his gang know nothing about football and hear lies the problem , only knows how to turn a shilling !
How has it come to this?? on 22:04 - Oct 22 with 3776 viewssparks

How has it come to this?? on 21:59 - Oct 22 by backwaywhen

That has been the issue from day one ...Evans and all his gang know nothing about football and hear lies the problem , only knows how to turn a shilling !

Theyve been running a club for some considerable time now. I would suggest they know something about football.

Its just lazy analysis.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

How has it come to this?? on 22:05 - Oct 22 with 3760 viewsGuthrum

Hurst was a decent appointment on paper. String of promotions on his way up to League One, young, good approach. It wasn't necessarily possible to predict he'd be unable to cope in the Championship and would allow things to unravel quite so spectacularly.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How has it come to this?? on 22:05 - Oct 22 with 3752 viewsDubtractor

How has it come to this?? on 22:04 - Oct 22 by sparks

Theyve been running a club for some considerable time now. I would suggest they know something about football.

Its just lazy analysis.

How about "they know about running a football club, though unfortunately appear to be sh1t at it"?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

How has it come to this?? on 22:06 - Oct 22 with 3742 viewsbackwaywhen

Its just lazy analysis.

Don’t agree , the fact we have gone backwards probably since day one suggests otherwise !.
How has it come to this?? on 22:06 - Oct 22 with 3736 viewsBackToRussia

How has it come to this?? on 22:05 - Oct 22 by Dubtractor

How about "they know about running a football club, though unfortunately appear to be sh1t at it"?

They know how to run a football club, sh1ttily. Which to be fair, so does everyone.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

How has it come to this?? on 22:18 - Oct 22 with 3705 viewspatrickswell

The weird thing about all of Evans’s managerial choices is how, with the exception of Mick, they’ve all made a terrible mess of things really early on in their reigns. Keane was always on the back foot after no win in 15 at the start of the 09-10 season and Hurst is in similar trouble after just 1 win in the first 13. Once Jewell had a full-preseason and a chance to shop for players leading into 11-12, we had a side who had conceded 13 goals in the first 4 league matches, while today marks the 7th anniversary of a 1-0 defeat to Crystal Palace at Portman Road which was the first of seven straight defeats through October to December 2011. Ghastly results, ghastly football - all from managers who had pedigree and achievements as managers but who on arrival here piloted us straight in crises.
How has it come to this?? on 22:19 - Oct 22 with 3675 viewsdavblue

Its just lazy analysis.

Do you have anything to back up your statement?

Off the field we are very much like Sunderland under Short. When so many managers fail there’s something fundamentally wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

How has it come to this?? on 22:20 - Oct 22 with 3675 viewsBackToRussia

How has it come to this?? on 22:18 - Oct 22 by patrickswell

The weird thing about all of Evans’s managerial choices is how, with the exception of Mick, they’ve all made a terrible mess of things really early on in their reigns. Keane was always on the back foot after no win in 15 at the start of the 09-10 season and Hurst is in similar trouble after just 1 win in the first 13. Once Jewell had a full-preseason and a chance to shop for players leading into 11-12, we had a side who had conceded 13 goals in the first 4 league matches, while today marks the 7th anniversary of a 1-0 defeat to Crystal Palace at Portman Road which was the first of seven straight defeats through October to December 2011. Ghastly results, ghastly football - all from managers who had pedigree and achievements as managers but who on arrival here piloted us straight in crises.

And even weirder, how every time, he's held on with limp determination that they'll turn it around with basically zero evidence to support that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

How has it come to this?? on 22:28 - Oct 22 with 3632 viewsFootballpete

Its just lazy analysis.

What has Evans achieved at this club to suggest he has the first idea of how to run it?

Attendances - down
League position- down
Relationship with fans - damaged
State of the ground - worse
Match day facilities for supporters - very poor
Standing within the game - all time low

If Evans knew anything about football why would he allow a new manager to completely overhaul the playing squad with players worse than those they replaced?

I’d saying your claim that it’s a lazy analysis is in itself lazy. Can you point to anything that indicates that Evans knows what he’s doing?

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

How has it come to this?? on 22:33 - Oct 22 with 3583 viewspointofblue

How has it come to this?? on 22:18 - Oct 22 by patrickswell

Even Mick lost two away games 5-1 and 6-1 early on in his reign!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How has it come to this?? on 22:40 - Oct 22 with 3572 viewssparks

How has it come to this?? on 22:28 - Oct 22 by Footballpete

What has Evans achieved at this club to suggest he has the first idea of how to run it?

Attendances - down
League position- down

If Evans knew anything about football why would he allow a new manager to completely overhaul the playing squad with players worse than those they replaced?

I’d saying your claim that it’s a lazy analysis is in itself lazy. Can you point to anything that indicates that Evans knows what he’s doing?

All of that is a function of the way things have changed financially in football, and some unsuccesful managerial appointments. The latter always carry an element of pot luck.

Its the same lazy b0llocks we get when a team isnt winning as fans would hope, and someone starts rolling out the "tactically inept" line, without actually identifying what was done wrong.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Mick and other ‘football contacts’ recommended Hurst.... on 22:46 - Oct 22 with 3540 viewsunstableblue

... to Marcus. And he made the choice.

Despite that I felt Hurst would have the qualities to get a better brand of football out of the low funded squad Marcus has chosen as a ‘strategy’. Which is what the fans needed and wanted. The football was unwatchable and ultimately ineffective in moving from mid table mediocrity.

Looks like Hurst may fail and be released. Millwall is a must win surely.

Ultimately Marcus has made terrible errors in appointing Keane and Jewell - we needed an Eddie Howe, Dyche or Wagner on the way up when we had funds.

And perhaps Hurst was always going to fail with his budget at this level. And also as Hurst has stated it’s really hard to refresh a teams playing style and ethos when it has been so unexpansive for so long.

But the buck needs to stop with Evans, and he needs to feel more pressure from the fans.For me he completely fecked up his dealings with Jack Ross. And perhaps also Warburton was a better fit to our needs.

It’s all just really depressing. I just want to watch my blues play some attractive and attacking football and trouble the foothills of the play offs - is it too much to ask Marcus??

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

How has it come to this?? on 22:49 - Oct 22 with 3511 viewspatrickswell

How has it come to this?? on 22:33 - Oct 22 by pointofblue

Even Mick lost two away games 5-1 and 6-1 early on in his reign!

He also lost 3 of the first 4 league games in 2013-14 as well. But Berra’s signing helped us defensively, while McGoldrick and Murphy gave us an edge up front that we lack badly now.
How has it come to this?? on 22:58 - Oct 22 with 3473 viewsjeera

How has it come to this?? on 22:20 - Oct 22 by BackToRussia

And even weirder, how every time, he's held on with limp determination that they'll turn it around with basically zero evidence to support that.

Exactly.

Which means we need to lose this ridiculous misguided pride we seem to have in not sacking.

Holding on for dear life to an obvious incompetent manager whilst everything turns to crap is not something to be proud of.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How has it come to this?? on 23:06 - Oct 22 with 3442 viewsdavblue

How has it come to this?? on 22:40 - Oct 22 by sparks

All of that is a function of the way things have changed financially in football, and some unsuccesful managerial appointments. The latter always carry an element of pot luck.

Its the same lazy b0llocks we get when a team isnt winning as fans would hope, and someone starts rolling out the "tactically inept" line, without actually identifying what was done wrong.

When 75% of your appointments have ended up as complete shambles it’s hard to argue that he’s been unlucky.

Take a look at our league finishes under him, appreciate he isn’t in control of everything there but there’s one common denominator Evans.

I won’t criticise how much he puts in as it’s his money but the game has moved on and under his ownership it’s felt like a matter of times before we go into league 1. Certainly in the last 6 or 7 years there’s no plan just jumping from one idea to the next, what’s our identity? How do we play the game? It’s just been a complete mos match from appointment to appointment.
How has it come to this?? on 23:59 - Oct 22 with 3375 viewsthatdamgood89

I truly believe the appointment of Hurst wasn't the biggest issue. It was making him the leader of the circus with only Milne for company. Hurst with a DOF in above whose seen and done it all. Someone who can talk through the issues and calm a rookie manager down from the ledge.

How many times have we changed the whole system and line up this year because of a defeat? A DOF could have just reminded Hurst this happens and to stick with the philosophy that got him the job.

Next manager is a fix it and save it. Next summer this club needs to actually get in this century and employ a DOF with a coach not a manager.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

How has it come to this?? on 00:10 - Oct 23 with 3357 viewsBlueBadger

How has it come to this?? on 22:58 - Oct 22 by jeera

Exactly.

Which means we need to lose this ridiculous misguided pride we seem to have in not sacking.

Holding on for dear life to an obvious incompetent manager whilst everything turns to crap is not something to be proud of.

We could have saved ourselves a LOT of pain by sacking Roy Keane in September 2009.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How has it come to this?? on 00:12 - Oct 23 with 3356 viewsBlueBadger

How has it come to this?? on 23:59 - Oct 22 by thatdamgood89

I truly believe the appointment of Hurst wasn't the biggest issue. It was making him the leader of the circus with only Milne for company. Hurst with a DOF in above whose seen and done it all. Someone who can talk through the issues and calm a rookie manager down from the ledge.

How many times have we changed the whole system and line up this year because of a defeat? A DOF could have just reminded Hurst this happens and to stick with the philosophy that got him the job.

Next manager is a fix it and save it. Next summer this club needs to actually get in this century and employ a DOF with a coach not a manager.

I suspect that a DoF at the top probably would have said 'let's not be daft now, keep Webster and Garner in, Waghorn's definitely going because we can't turn down the kind of stupid money that's being bandied about but let's be real here, evolution is need not revolution'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How has it come to this?? on 00:31 - Oct 23 with 3315 viewsjeera

How has it come to this?? on 00:10 - Oct 23 by BlueBadger

We could have saved ourselves a LOT of pain by sacking Roy Keane in September 2009.

Quite.

Why wait when it's obvious a mistake has been made?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How has it come to this?? on 01:28 - Oct 23 with 3276 viewsjjblue84

How has it come to this?? on 05:08 - Oct 23 with 3160 viewsharlingblue

We have a really good up an coming squad of young players, well managed and performing well in the U23 team, some that should be either playing or at least on the bench for the 1st team, others out on loan, all taught to playing the Ipswich way, thank you Brian Klug.
We now have a new manager, sudden batch of new players, a team of Ipswich Town in name only.
If we have a relegation fight on our hands let it be behind Brian Klug and his U23 Managers to help us survive.
How has it come to this?? on 05:20 - Oct 23 with 3145 viewsBenters2

How has it come to this?? on 22:28 - Oct 22 by Footballpete

Attendances - down
League position- down

I dont think anybody in their right mind could argue with any of that sadly.

Seventeen seasons stuck in this fkn league,with the odd flirt with the POs,sadly we have nothing to look forward to.

This is the season like the perfect storm when it all comes together and most of us realise we are proper fkd.
How has it come to this?? on 06:03 - Oct 23 with 3107 viewsbrogansnose

How has it come to this?? on 05:20 - Oct 23 by Benters2

I dont think anybody in their right mind could argue with any of that sadly.

Seventeen seasons stuck in this fkn league,with the odd flirt with the POs,sadly we have nothing to look forward to.

This is the season like the perfect storm when it all comes together and most of us realise we are proper fkd.

One actual success in getting in the playoffs and two distinct relegation prospects.

Anyway, have an uppie you big girls blouse !
How has it come to this?? on 09:30 - Oct 23 with 2943 viewsPJH

Somebody else posting "we all wanted"....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024