Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Fan In Peace 16:47 - Oct 23 with 13409 viewsCjay

Hello Tractor Boys.

Last season i started visiting rival forums for a chat

Then post the thread on our forum where anyone who fancies a read can.

Nothing to heavy.

Thoughts on your squad, new signings, new manager, start to the season, how you see the season panning out and finally the game tomorrow.

I realise that things arent great atm so yeah i mean i dont do these to wind anyone up, same questions for all

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34686&hilit=other+fans+opin

This will go there if anyone fancies a nose.

Any responses greatly appreciated.

Cjay
Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:48 - Oct 23 with 8581 viewsSuperblue95

Oh god you're going to give some people on here a field day with free reign to moan about everything

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:49 - Oct 23 with 8567 viewsm14_blue

We're gonna smash you 4-0.

Freddie Sears hat trick.

Nah, will be a very difficult evening for us I imagine. If you're anything like your best it could be embarrassing.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:50 - Oct 23 with 8554 viewsMullet

Remember when we sent you down to the third tier the other year?

It's like that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:50 - Oct 23 with 8547 viewsPositivelyPortman

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:51 - Oct 23 with 8547 viewsGeoffSentence

You only need to read the rest of the forum to see how things currently are.

We are doomed. Doomed. Doomed. Doomed.

Tomorrow night will be a walk in the park for your guys. Naturally I will be delighted to be wrong but can see no way of our league 1/2 squad getting any sort of result. The Swansea win was an outlier caused by Swansea having a bad day in front of goal.

PS Your ticket prices are a plss take.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:54 - Oct 23 with 8522 viewsfooters

Ooh blimey, how long have you got?

The Midget Messiah wasn't what he was cracked up to be. Bought a load of L1 and L2 players, shipped off experienced Championship players, has repeatedly left our two WC players on the bench and has apparently upset the apple cart big time at both Playford and Portman Road.

He'll be gone once you spank us 4-0. And that will probably flatter us.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:01 - Oct 23 with 8445 viewsPJH

We start almost every away game by looking like conceding in the first minute although we have not quite managed to do so yet.
It could be a slaughter.

We ended last season with a respectable squad but it has been hugely weakened by both outgoings and incomings.
The manager appears to be totally out of his depth but hopefully we will have a proper manager soon.

Unusual for you to still have the same manager at this time of the season as the one that you started with.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:25 - Oct 23 with 8293 viewshomer_123

We lack consistency. I don't mean on the pitch but with the Hursts' approach. He has basrely picked the same starting XI nor put the team out to play any kind of consistent way (whatever that maybe).

We are seeing our new signings struggle to take the step up as a result and our existing squad has been split to accommodate new signings. It's not great at the moment, we are struggling to defend, keep the ball or score - not a great mix.

If you play anything like you are capable of - you should win easily. However, it's football, so anything is possible.

By the by - your current incumbent is quite possibly the best manager you've had for many a year.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:26 - Oct 23 with 8289 viewsIP33

I reckon you will hit double figures
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:50 - Oct 23 with 8134 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We will hand you at least one goal and struggle to score any........you haven't spotted Mick around and about by any chance have you!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:32 - Oct 23 with 7954 viewsIllinoisblue

great turnout you boys had at Blackburn. What was it, 7,700 packing the away end? Shame you lost.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:35 - Oct 23 with 7938 viewsPlums

When I was a kid I was worried about going to Leeds because of your reputation off the pitch.

Now I’m worried about going to Leeds because of our reputation on the pitch...

...and the ludicrous £37 for a restricted view ticket. Edit: now apparently £42 on the day!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 18:43]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:40 - Oct 23 with 7915 viewsVic

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:26 - Oct 23 by IP33

Yey, then we’ll hold the record for the worst defeats in both Prem and Championship. Just another one for our aging trophy cabinet.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:53 - Oct 23 with 7858 viewsWhymarkmariner

There was a young lady from Leeds who swallowed a packet of seed and out of her ar*e grew blades of grass and out of her c*nt grew weeds.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:16 - Oct 23 with 7669 viewsFtnfwest

Expect you’ll fill your boots tomorrow and why shouldn’t you. The futures for forward thinking clubs now both on and off the field. Whether you qualify for that I couldn’t say but you’ve got the one thing that’s even more important than that, money. We’ve had our day a long time ago and partly due to bad luck, partly our own fault, will never get back to where we were. The game nowadays doesn’t allow it.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:20 - Oct 23 with 7643 viewsMonkeysChuff

Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:54 - Oct 23 by footers

Ooh blimey, how long have you got?

The Midget Messiah wasn't what he was cracked up to be. Bought a load of L1 and L2 players, shipped off experienced Championship players, has repeatedly left our two WC players on the bench and has apparently upset the apple cart big time at both Playford and Portman Road.

He'll be gone once you spank us 4-0. And that will probably flatter us.

Agree with all that apart from the last sentence. It’ll be 5-0 or 6-0.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:44 - Oct 23 with 7506 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Remember some absolute humdingers against Leeds in the 70,s. Tomorrow evening won,t be one of them.
As mentioned above, squad does not look good or experienced enough to survive the rigours of a championship season. At present we look bereft of ideas, can,t defend set pieces, can,t string more than 3 passes together & create so few chances your "keeper could sit in a deckchair with a packet of hamlet swigging from a cask of tetleys. Manager gives the phrase "tinker man" a whole new meaning.
In other words, we look f##ked.
7/1 for an away win tomorrow. Might just lump it on.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:55 - Oct 23 with 7435 viewsgordon

You know when you see one of those UFC bouts* where one guy is lying on the floor and the other one is kneeling on his stomach and pummeling him in the face.

If it isn't like that, you'll need to take a serious look at yourselves.

*I don't watch that rubbish, but I have seen the odd clip.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 21:06]
Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:04 - Oct 23 with 7385 viewsmos

We’re going to give you a good slapping come Wednesday. Sears is going to slam 3 past you then a Chambo header from a Knudsen long throw-in in the final minutes of the game just to rub salt into the wounds.

Mark my words; you will be embarrassed on national television by Paul’s mighty army.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:12 - Oct 23 with 7329 viewsgordon

Watch out for our set-pieces. The routine where we have a corner and no-one really wants to take it but after a while someone wanders over and slaps one in waist high straight at the first defender, while a couple of our bigger lads wander about aimlessly at the back of the box is quite good.

We've also got a centre-half who dives in more than Tom Daley down at the swimming pool.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:15 - Oct 23 with 7309 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

You are not the champions of Europe. Good day.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:18 - Oct 23 with 7279 viewsnorth_stand77

Hate to admit it, but we are devoid of any confidence or appropriate skill.

Will be a bit of a miracle if we get anything from the game.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:25 - Oct 23 with 7241 views1964w

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:26 - Oct 23 by IP33

I'll be surprised if we score more than three

The championship can be a great leveller

Losing Mick McCarthy was a big loss for your boys, he kept you mid-table for years on a tight budget
Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:27 - Oct 23 with 7232 views1964w

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:32 - Oct 23 by Illinoisblue

great turnout you boys had at Blackburn. What was it, 7,700 packing the away end? Shame you lost.

Yes 7,717

Got what we deserved tbh
Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:30 - Oct 23 with 7211 views1964w

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:35 - Oct 23 by Plums

When I was a kid I was worried about going to Leeds because of your reputation off the pitch.

Now I’m worried about going to Leeds because of our reputation on the pitch...

...and the ludicrous £37 for a restricted view ticket. Edit: now apparently £42 on the day!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 18:43]

Crazy prices indeed

I seem to recall I've paid high prices at Portman Road over the last few seasons
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024