Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Fan In Peace 16:47 - Oct 23 with 13369 viewsCjay

Hello Tractor Boys.

Last season i started visiting rival forums for a chat

Then post the thread on our forum where anyone who fancies a read can.

Nothing to heavy.

Thoughts on your squad, new signings, new manager, start to the season, how you see the season panning out and finally the game tomorrow.

I realise that things arent great atm so yeah i mean i dont do these to wind anyone up, same questions for all

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34686&hilit=other+fans+opin

This will go there if anyone fancies a nose.

Any responses greatly appreciated.

Cjay
Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:32 - Oct 23 with 3496 viewspointofblue

You remember those FA Cup ties where a non-league side has to go away to a Premier League side and quickly realise they're out of their depth?

Yeah, that.

I still have to dream we might be able to cause a shock, though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:41 - Oct 23 with 3479 viewsgt81

Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:32 - Oct 23 by pointofblue

You remember those FA Cup ties where a non-league side has to go away to a Premier League side and quickly realise they're out of their depth?

Yeah, that.

I still have to dream we might be able to cause a shock, though.

It'll be a shock if it's anything less than 5-0 Leeds
Leeds Fan In Peace on 22:39 - Oct 23 with 3416 viewsCurrie10

Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:50 - Oct 23 by Mullet

Remember when we sent you down to the third tier the other year?

It's like that.

What fixture is our last game of the season I hear you ask!?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 22:48 - Oct 23 with 3409 viewshenley07

I'm going with 3-0 to your lot,in fact would probably take that.
Will be honest and say never been a fan of your club,however I came up to watch the Josh Warrington fight at Elland Road with a Leeds fan and changed my view on your club entirely.
I can honestly say I've never seen such a passionate/partisan support in my life....
Roll on Manchester!
Leeds Fan In Peace on 09:53 - Oct 24 with 3293 viewsmattrolow

Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:30 - Oct 23 by 1964w

Crazy prices indeed

I seem to recall I've paid high prices at Portman Road over the last few seasons

To be honest, I think this is a little bit of retaliation to the prices you set, you must get it most places you go?

That, and cashing in on your decent away support.

You might be aware that Ipswich wrote to all Championship clubs asking them to cap adult ticket prices at £25 for Ipswich fans, and we would reciprocate the offer when you visited PR. Safe to say Leeds didn't taken us up on the offer, so probably got something to do with us charging you a bit more.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 11:53 - Oct 24 with 3206 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:48 - Oct 23 by Superblue95

Oh god you're going to give some people on here a field day with free reign to moan about everything

DOnt think most football fans need a good reason to moan do they? Any excuse usually will do
Leeds Fan In Peace on 11:54 - Oct 24 with 3204 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:49 - Oct 23 by m14_blue

We're gonna smash you 4-0.

Freddie Sears hat trick.

Nah, will be a very difficult evening for us I imagine. If you're anything like your best it could be embarrassing.

Havent been at our best for a while now, we also do like to help clubs who havent been in the best form, ask Birmingham.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 11:56 - Oct 24 with 3199 viewsGeoffSentence

Leeds Fan In Peace on 22:39 - Oct 23 by Currie10

What fixture is our last game of the season I hear you ask!?

We'll be down long before then.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Fan In Peace on 11:56 - Oct 24 with 3196 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:51 - Oct 23 by GeoffSentence

You only need to read the rest of the forum to see how things currently are.

We are doomed. Doomed. Doomed. Doomed.

Tomorrow night will be a walk in the park for your guys. Naturally I will be delighted to be wrong but can see no way of our league 1/2 squad getting any sort of result. The Swansea win was an outlier caused by Swansea having a bad day in front of goal.

PS Your ticket prices are a plss take.

Dont Panic Captain Mainwaring

Interesting, you say your "league 1/2 squad".

Is that a reflection of the signings or was that the general consensus anyway?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 11:59 - Oct 24 with 3189 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:54 - Oct 23 by footers

Ooh blimey, how long have you got?

The Midget Messiah wasn't what he was cracked up to be. Bought a load of L1 and L2 players, shipped off experienced Championship players, has repeatedly left our two WC players on the bench and has apparently upset the apple cart big time at both Playford and Portman Road.

He'll be gone once you spank us 4-0. And that will probably flatter us.

So Paul Hurst is to blame?

Is that the general feeling now ?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:01 - Oct 24 with 3181 viewsRadlett_blue

Leeds Fan In Peace on 11:56 - Oct 24 by Cjay

Dont Panic Captain Mainwaring

Interesting, you say your "league 1/2 squad".

Is that a reflection of the signings or was that the general consensus anyway?

The signings. Hurst has signed virtually a whole new XI, but IMO only Edwards of the permanent signings & Chalobah & Pennington (though he is a CB playing at RB) are good enough.
WE have promising youngsters, but Hurst has loaned most of them out. It's understandable that he doesn't want to pitch a bunch of youngsters into a relegation scrap.
No focal point up front is the biggest hole in the side.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:03 - Oct 24 with 3177 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:25 - Oct 23 by homer_123

We lack consistency. I don't mean on the pitch but with the Hursts' approach. He has basrely picked the same starting XI nor put the team out to play any kind of consistent way (whatever that maybe).

We are seeing our new signings struggle to take the step up as a result and our existing squad has been split to accommodate new signings. It's not great at the moment, we are struggling to defend, keep the ball or score - not a great mix.

If you play anything like you are capable of - you should win easily. However, it's football, so anything is possible.

By the by - your current incumbent is quite possibly the best manager you've had for many a year.

Maybe he just needs time (cliche i know)

Time to get the signings up to speed, time to get a style of play implemented etc?

We should win, common logic dictates that, but as you say its football, and we havent been at our best for a while, our form isnt to good and despite having the 2nd best defence in the league, we dont always look very solid.

Combine that with the fact we just arent scoring, if we were clinical we would be scoring 3 4 5 goals a game based on chances created, we are struggling to get 1 or 2 now, its not good enough.

Bielsa is great, but he is flawed, he has frustrated me a few times i wont lie, but he is the best we have had for some time as you say and very happy to have him.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 12:04]
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:03 - Oct 24 with 3176 viewsfooters

Leeds Fan In Peace on 11:59 - Oct 24 by Cjay

So Paul Hurst is to blame?

Is that the general feeling now ?

I would say so. Think he has wildly underestimated the quality of this league and has persevered with his plan of L1/L2 players eventually coming good. Unfortunately there is no evidence of that so far.

He is also to blame for using 27 different players so far this season- the most in the division. The line-up is constantly chopped and changed and our squad must surely feel very confused.

And it has been reported that his deputy is a bit old skool with his man management skills.

In Suffolkian parlance, he's a lowd ol' squit.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:06 - Oct 24 with 3169 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:50 - Oct 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

We will hand you at least one goal and struggle to score any........you haven't spotted Mick around and about by any chance have you!

Seems like a stupid question now.

But do you guys regret wanting McCarthy out so much ?

Wont say forcing, but you were very vocal in your desire for him to go.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:07 - Oct 24 with 3166 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:35 - Oct 23 by Plums

When I was a kid I was worried about going to Leeds because of your reputation off the pitch.

Now I’m worried about going to Leeds because of our reputation on the pitch...

...and the ludicrous £37 for a restricted view ticket. Edit: now apparently £42 on the day!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 18:43]

Yes its not great i admit,stupid prices for a 2nd tier game of football.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:08 - Oct 24 with 3165 viewsRadlett_blue

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:03 - Oct 24 by Cjay

Maybe he just needs time (cliche i know)

Time to get the signings up to speed, time to get a style of play implemented etc?

We should win, common logic dictates that, but as you say its football, and we havent been at our best for a while, our form isnt to good and despite having the 2nd best defence in the league, we dont always look very solid.

Combine that with the fact we just arent scoring, if we were clinical we would be scoring 3 4 5 goals a game based on chances created, we are struggling to get 1 or 2 now, its not good enough.

Bielsa is great, but he is flawed, he has frustrated me a few times i wont lie, but he is the best we have had for some time as you say and very happy to have him.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 12:04]

Hmm...initially, Hurst did seem to have a plan & a preferred pattern of play, but that now seems to have gone out of the window after we struggled to get a win. Some of the dubious signings may eventually make the step up, but given that we don't look capable of more than the occasional fluke result, I don't think Hurst will be given the time.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:09 - Oct 24 with 3159 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:16 - Oct 23 by Ftnfwest

Expect you’ll fill your boots tomorrow and why shouldn’t you. The futures for forward thinking clubs now both on and off the field. Whether you qualify for that I couldn’t say but you’ve got the one thing that’s even more important than that, money. We’ve had our day a long time ago and partly due to bad luck, partly our own fault, will never get back to where we were. The game nowadays doesn’t allow it.

Oh no i wouldn't say we have money mate, not at all.

We arent in financial trouble as far as we know, but we arent a rich club by any means, our net spend this season is £3million.

Our owner isnt one to spend a fortune, ive come to accept that, its just not going to happen, he wants to make money off Leeds, pure and simple, thats fine, aslong as he runs us well thats ok.

But i dont expect him to start throwing around tens of million in transfer fees sadly.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:10 - Oct 24 with 3159 viewslukey130490

I'm moving to Leeds in February, so if all goes wrong with ITFC, would you take in a plastic fan?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:14 - Oct 24 with 3152 viewsfooters

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:10 - Oct 24 by lukey130490

I'm moving to Leeds in February, so if all goes wrong with ITFC, would you take in a plastic fan?

They need all the help they can get with their embarrassing away numbers...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:14 - Oct 24 with 3152 viewsRadlett_blue

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:06 - Oct 24 by Cjay

McCarthy had become very unpopular with turgid football, especially at home plus his continual sniping at the fans. Most of us knew that letting him go was a risk as I'm sure he'd have kept us in this league, but I think the majority wanted to twist rather than stick, despite the risk, We may have just chosen poorly with Hurst, who's probably doing all the things that worked for him in League 1.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:18 - Oct 24 with 3131 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:55 - Oct 23 by gordon

You know when you see one of those UFC bouts* where one guy is lying on the floor and the other one is kneeling on his stomach and pummeling him in the face.

If it isn't like that, you'll need to take a serious look at yourselves.

*I don't watch that rubbish, but I have seen the odd clip.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 21:06]

Like UFC myself.

Maybe you will shift the momentum and choke us out?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:19 - Oct 24 with 3125 viewsIpswichKnight

Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:12 - Oct 23 by gordon

Watch out for our set-pieces. The routine where we have a corner and no-one really wants to take it but after a while someone wanders over and slaps one in waist high straight at the first defender, while a couple of our bigger lads wander about aimlessly at the back of the box is quite good.

We've also got a centre-half who dives in more than Tom Daley down at the swimming pool.

That's harsh, sometimes we float it in, make space for the keeper to come and collect it and then get caught on the counter.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:20 - Oct 24 with 3125 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:04 - Oct 23 by mos

We’re going to give you a good slapping come Wednesday. Sears is going to slam 3 past you then a Chambo header from a Knudsen long throw-in in the final minutes of the game just to rub salt into the wounds.

Mark my words; you will be embarrassed on national television by Paul’s mighty army.

Say no to drugs.

Its good to be positive though, fair play.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:22 - Oct 24 with 3113 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:12 - Oct 23 by gordon

Watch out for our set-pieces. The routine where we have a corner and no-one really wants to take it but after a while someone wanders over and slaps one in waist high straight at the first defender, while a couple of our bigger lads wander about aimlessly at the back of the box is quite good.

We've also got a centre-half who dives in more than Tom Daley down at the swimming pool.

Thats good, because we have a team of midgets and a goalie who has taken up permanent residence on his goal line.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:23 - Oct 24 with 3114 viewsGeoffSentence

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:06 - Oct 24 by Cjay

Two different things my friend.

Getting shot of McCarthy was the right thing. The football was dire, he was getting narkey with the fans, they were getting narkey with him.

Paul Hurst has turned out to be the wrong man to replace him, that's all.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024