Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" 21:49 - Oct 24 with 1835 viewsDarth_Koont

Nothing to do with effort, that was there in spadefuls.

It's the lack of direction and purpose. Probably a fatal lack of attacking quality too but we can't do anything about that until January.

Pronouns: He/Him

Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 21:53 - Oct 24 with 1733 viewsthebooks

Yeah, I think the players are actually trying, to their credit. Catastrophic recruitment and clueless tactics.
Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:00 - Oct 24 with 1664 viewsRomeo4

I agree. I wouldn’t knock the players for effort and I don’t buy into this theory of them not playing for the manager. I think we have an honest group of players. Truth is they are not playing in the right system, there’s been too much chopping and changing, and quite simply the majority of them are just not good enough.
Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:01 - Oct 24 with 1622 viewsTractorWood

So short of quality.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:01 - Oct 24 with 1622 viewsclive_baker

It's a lazy comment and all too easy to revert back to, but we're not where we are through lack of effort. We lack quality and organisation.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:02 - Oct 24 with 1611 viewsblueconscience

Lack of funding and lack of interest from the owner are more of evident than a lack of effort

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:03 - Oct 24 with 1552 viewsDarkHorse

Did you see their second goal? Complete lack of everything there.
Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:06 - Oct 24 with 1506 viewsRomeo4

Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:03 - Oct 24 by DarkHorse

Did you see their second goal? Complete lack of everything there.

It was poor. Basic mistakes. But that’s what happens when the players are lacking organisation and are constantly under the cosh. It’s not a lack of effort.
Someone on the radio just said on 22:15 - Oct 24 with 1430 viewsBluesquid

Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:06 - Oct 24 by Romeo4

It was poor. Basic mistakes. But that’s what happens when the players are lacking organisation and are constantly under the cosh. It’s not a lack of effort.

Isn't that partly the captains job? To read the game, organise the players and try to anticipate short/quick corners and the like?
Login to get fewer ads

Someone on the radio just said on 22:18 - Oct 24 with 1379 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Someone on the radio just said on 22:15 - Oct 24 by Bluesquid

Isn't that partly the captains job? To read the game, organise the players and try to anticipate short/quick corners and the like?

Doesn't it start on the training pitch?

It seems to me that we spend a lot of time on fitness and not enough on practising playing together and tactics.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:18 - Oct 24 with 1378 viewsBlueBadger

'Lack of effort' is up there with 'no passion' in the football illiterate's book of football summarising.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:18 - Oct 24 with 1373 viewsChris_Knights

Completely agree ... total commitment and effort .. but oh my word we lack so much class .. down to poor recruitment . Simple as
Someone on the radio just said on 22:19 - Oct 24 with 1353 viewsblueconscience

Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:18 - Oct 24 by Chris_Knights

Completely agree ... total commitment and effort .. but oh my word we lack so much class .. down to poor recruitment . Simple as

Poor recruitment which is due to poor funding.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 22:20]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Someone on the radio just said "lack of effort" on 22:19 - Oct 24 with 1351 viewsawayfan

I agree, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the effort.
Someone on the radio just said on 22:19 - Oct 24 with 1342 viewsreusersfreekicks

Not really. Team prep by manager
Someone on the radio just said on 22:20 - Oct 24 with 1314 viewsRomeo4

Maybe so but, as much as I like Chambers, he’s not good enough to do much more than give a blood and guts shift. I’m not knocking that by the way, just saying he’s not the type of skipper who can lead the back 4 except by example.
Someone on the radio just said on 22:22 - Oct 24 with 1284 viewsBluesquid

Someone on the radio just said on 22:18 - Oct 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Doesn't it start on the training pitch?

It seems to me that we spend a lot of time on fitness and not enough on practising playing together and tactics.

Yeah, your right it does but what if we already practice it but on the day the lads haven't got their heads screwed on, then we need someone on the pitch to direct and remind the players, that man must be the captain, surely?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024