Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who's your pick once Hurst goes? 08:19 - Oct 25 with 4082 viewschicoazul

I think there is very little chance we would poach a Manager in our current situation both financially and on the pitch so sadly I dont see us getting someone like Mogga who would be ideal.
Burley is very tempting but I think I would go for Paul Lambert, as heretical as that may be. Desperate times etc
Just please not Harry, Marcus. I know he's your mate and he does fit the profile of the Managers who have done ok since our last relegation but please dont go there.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 08:22 - Oct 25 with 3632 viewsKieran_Knows

Warburton for me. Get him in with his DoF, and get some sort of structure in place. I can’t see him keeping us up, but I’d be confident with him getting us out of League 1.

Failing that, I’d give it to Nash and Hogg with Klug and Burley in advisory roles behind the scenes.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 08:24 - Oct 25 with 3613 viewschicoazul

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 08:22 - Oct 25 by Kieran_Knows

Warburton for me. Get him in with his DoF, and get some sort of structure in place. I can’t see him keeping us up, but I’d be confident with him getting us out of League 1.

Failing that, I’d give it to Nash and Hogg with Klug and Burley in advisory roles behind the scenes.

The latter option sounds like a Chinese firedrill. Too many cooks. And as much as I would like a DoF I don't think now is the time to appoint one. Warburton could be good though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 08:27 - Oct 25 with 3589 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

1. Burley.

2. Warburton.

3. Nash.

I would have said OK to Lambert a couple of years ago, but he seems to have lost his spark, and it wouldn't exactly units the fans.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 08:27 - Oct 25 with 3589 viewsKieran_Knows

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 08:24 - Oct 25 by chicoazul

The latter option sounds like a Chinese firedrill. Too many cooks. And as much as I would like a DoF I don't think now is the time to appoint one. Warburton could be good though.

I think Warburton does have a DoF or ‘Sporting Director’ as he was at Forest, at all the clubs he’s been at. Frank McParland is the name. Be surprised if he went anywhere without him now!

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 08:32 - Oct 25 with 3560 viewstrncbluearmy

Bryan Klug and the gang as caretakers
GB Director of Football
Get some experience on the board Sheepy, Bowden, Holland come to mind
Take our time,perhaps look abroad
ME bite the bullet and pizz off or double the funding
So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 08:32 - Oct 25 with 3550 viewscornishnick

If you're going to suggest ex-scummers, why not Steve Bruce? I think his experience would be invaluable.
Burley? Heart says yes, head says no. I think he has been too long out of football. Not convinced about Warburton. I fear, however, someone like Grayson or Holloway.

Poll: Who has the sexiest wife?

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 09:40 - Oct 25 with 3412 viewsconnorscontract

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 08:32 - Oct 25 by cornishnick

If you're going to suggest ex-scummers, why not Steve Bruce? I think his experience would be invaluable.
Burley? Heart says yes, head says no. I think he has been too long out of football. Not convinced about Warburton. I fear, however, someone like Grayson or Holloway.

Holloway would be fun, though. Attack! Attack! Attack!

Like Kevin Keegan crossed with Wurzel Gummidge.

Having some fun would be a start.

Graham and Edwards as Wing Backs!

Attack!

We would smile a lot more than we have for three seasons.

Attack!
So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 09:57 - Oct 25 with 3370 viewsSwansea_Blue

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 08:27 - Oct 25 by Kieran_Knows

I think Warburton does have a DoF or ‘Sporting Director’ as he was at Forest, at all the clubs he’s been at. Frank McParland is the name. Be surprised if he went anywhere without him now!

He's still at Forest.

I'm not really getting the love in for Warburton. He's had 2 good years at Brentford, did bügger all at Forest, and for someone in his mid- to late-50s has very little experience. If it's off the back of his Brentford spell, they've done enough there to show that the structure and running of the club is as big a factor, if not bigger, than the manager.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 09:58 - Oct 25 with 3362 viewsKieran_Knows

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 09:57 - Oct 25 by Swansea_Blue

He's still at Forest.

I'm not really getting the love in for Warburton. He's had 2 good years at Brentford, did bügger all at Forest, and for someone in his mid- to late-50s has very little experience. If it's off the back of his Brentford spell, they've done enough there to show that the structure and running of the club is as big a factor, if not bigger, than the manager.

Looks like McParland left when Warburton did?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/31/nottingham-forest-sack-mark-warb

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 10:00 - Oct 25 with 3340 viewsblueysbackside

Isn't Redknapp appearing in I'm A Celeb in the Jungle?
And forget Warburton....there is NO way he would get this lot to play like his side did at Brentford.
We need a stop gap until the end of the season.
So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 10:01 - Oct 25 with 3332 viewsSwansea_Blue

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 09:58 - Oct 25 by Kieran_Knows

Looks like McParland left when Warburton did?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/31/nottingham-forest-sack-mark-warb

Ah ok, that the last time I look at that tarnsfermarket place

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 10:02 - Oct 25 with 3325 viewsKeno

Burley as DOF with Nash 1st team coach

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 10:03 - Oct 25 with 3318 viewsSwansea_Blue

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 10:02 - Oct 25 by Keno

Burley as DOF with Nash 1st team coach

Nah, Nash is of the Oirish. All we do is sign the Oirish.

TWTD, c. 2010

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 10:03 - Oct 25 with 3318 viewsKieran_Knows

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 10:01 - Oct 25 by Swansea_Blue

Ah ok, that the last time I look at that tarnsfermarket place

I thought it would be strange if he stayed as I knew he had followed Warburton wherever he had gone (Brentford, Rangers and Forest).

I just think we'd see a bit of structure here if Warburton was to take over. Seems to play football the right way and looks to use the youth players, which is what we all want, right?

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 10:09 - Oct 25 with 3280 viewsKeno

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 10:03 - Oct 25 by Swansea_Blue

Nah, Nash is of the Oirish. All we do is sign the Oirish.

TWTD, c. 2010

and Burley is of course one of a number of nationalities who wish they were Oirish

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 10:37 - Oct 25 with 3223 viewsKeaneish

Poyet and Treacle and a 10 million war chest for Jan should do it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 11:27 - Oct 25 with 3170 viewsLightningboy

Burley/Klug/Nash/Hogg (and Holland if interested)
So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 11:42 - Oct 25 with 3108 viewsTexaco73

Doesn't matter, as long as whomever it is can make us a cohesive team with clear game plans and tactical ability to react positively during matches.
Also can utilise all the resources (including youth) in incremental development season on season.

I just don't see that happening. The owner appears more interested in limiting loss than keeping talent. We have little hope of getting any manager capable of achieving under such conditions.
So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 11:43 - Oct 25 with 3098 viewsFrimleyBlue

sht you just reminded me harry is available

That's where he will go isn't it. :(

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 11:47 - Oct 25 with 3076 viewsTexaco73

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 11:43 - Oct 25 by FrimleyBlue

sht you just reminded me harry is available

That's where he will go isn't it. :(

Harry will want a bucket load of cash for himself and players.

Doesn't fit with Evans miserly ownership. I doubt he'll want to splash the cash needed.
So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 11:52 - Oct 25 with 3058 viewsBlueGoonie

Carlos Carvahal for me, tactically astute, driven and motivational with a point to prove
So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 13:09 - Oct 25 with 2940 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Burley and Butcher. Not Bruce or Pardew, and certainly not Evan's mate Redknapp.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 13:32 - Oct 25 with 2857 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Really don’t know, but likely to be someone who is currently out of work.

One of Grayson, Holloway, Warburton or Carvalhal I reckon.

I wouldn’t be opposed to Redknapp until the end of the season because this sort of firefight is right up his street.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 15:56 - Oct 25 with 2725 viewsBlueBlood90

So who's your pick once Hurst goes? on 09:57 - Oct 25 by Swansea_Blue

He's still at Forest.

I agree. I keep seeing people crying out for Warburton to get the job but I'm struggling to see why? He got Brentford promoted largely on how Uwe Rosler left them, but they weren't competing at the top of the Championship until Dean Smith got there.

He hardly set the world alight at Forest and Rangers either. If he was that highly regarded I think he would've comfortably found another job by now.

Whoever it is, I just want to see a bit of fight and passion in them. Seeing Hurst standing there with his arms folded and not giving a toss is one of the most frustrating things about this whole situation for me.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

on 16:08 - Oct 25 with 2682 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024