Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours 11:58 - Oct 25 with 1819 viewsAlexGreen

I'm not sure can think of any, anywhere.

Managers get fired and do a better job elsewhere, but I'd love to know of someone who has managed to turn it around at their club after a fall from grace as swift and spectacular as ours.

Anyone?

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 11:59 - Oct 25 with 1807 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Lee Johnson at Brizzle
Nigel Pearson at Leicester
Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:02 - Oct 25 with 1781 viewshector_clifford

Alex Ferguson was one game from the sack i think in 1990, and they won at Forest in the cup.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:04 - Oct 25 with 1750 viewsitfcjoe

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 11:59 - Oct 25 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Lee Johnson at Brizzle
Nigel Pearson at Leicester

There is ending a bad run, but when you haven't had any success in the first place?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:04 - Oct 25 with 1748 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ipswich, 1997/98 season.

...maybe the situation wasnt quite as bad.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:14 - Oct 25 with 1694 viewsVizslaraner

Can’t remember the year but Ian Dowie at Palace. Bottom at xmas, beat us Boxing Day and won the play offs beating McCarthy’s Sunderland in the semis. Think they went on an 18 game unbeaten run or something similar
Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:18 - Oct 25 with 1651 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s bad, but we are only 4 points from safety. There is a danger we overstate it by saying a fall from grace as swift and spectacular as ours We’ve been falling for 16 years....

Clearly Hurst has to improve drmatically, or more likely be replaced, but we are not in THAT bad a situation. As long as Evans acts soon
Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:22 - Oct 25 with 1603 viewsDarth_Koont

Keane's winless run was longer and we stayed up comfortably in the end.

Although I don't think he ever recovered from that early loss of faith and confidence — from ME, around the club, the fans and possibly even himself.

Pronouns: He/Him

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:27 - Oct 25 with 1571 viewsBloomBlue

As I've said before anyone who watched SBR's first year will tell you it was appalling and the vast majority of fans wanted him sacked it was only the fact the Cobbolds ignored the fans we have the SBR history.

Thankfully they stuck with him and he turned it round
Login to get fewer ads

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:38 - Oct 25 with 1493 viewsbontcho

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:04 - Oct 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ipswich, 1997/98 season.

...maybe the situation wasnt quite as bad.

Wasn’t far off. We’re were in the relegation zone in October or is my memory playing tricks?

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:40 - Oct 25 with 1477 viewsRegencyBlue

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:27 - Oct 25 by BloomBlue

As I've said before anyone who watched SBR's first year will tell you it was appalling and the vast majority of fans wanted him sacked it was only the fact the Cobbolds ignored the fans we have the SBR history.

Have to admit it was bad but I dont remember it being this bad!

Genuinely cannot see Hurst coming close to turning this around in any way shape or form.
Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:43 - Oct 25 with 1458 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:38 - Oct 25 by bontcho

Wasn’t far off. We’re were in the relegation zone in October or is my memory playing tricks?

Johhno was saying in his interview that he left Bury (6th) and joined us in the relegation zone in Nov.

Before the transfer window obv. Dont have that luxury now.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:51 - Oct 25 with 1399 viewsGeoffSentence

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:27 - Oct 25 by BloomBlue

He had a decent half season under his belt before his first full season. Three defeats in sixteen games taking us from 18th to 12th. So there was some evidence that he could turn it round.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:58 - Oct 25 with 1363 viewsjjblue84

Roy Keane survived a worse start...
Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:59 - Oct 25 with 1349 viewshampstead_blue

A while back Crystal Palace were in the bottom three at Christmas. They got promoted via the play-offs, maybe even in 2nd place.

It can be done.

I think it was Iain Dowie in charge.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 13:00 - Oct 25 with 1344 viewsGeoffSentence

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 12:58 - Oct 25 by jjblue84

Roy Keane survived a worse start...

Worse start to a season, but remember that he came in at the end of the previous season and got some wins under his belt. This must be the worst start to a managerial reign at Ipswich.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 13:03 - Oct 25 with 1322 viewsjjblue84

Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 13:00 - Oct 25 by GeoffSentence

Worse start to a season, but remember that he came in at the end of the previous season and got some wins under his belt. This must be the worst start to a managerial reign at Ipswich.

Fascinating I’m sure but that’s not the question...
Are there any examples of a Manager coming back from a situation as bad as ours on 13:08 - Oct 25 with 1286 viewsHipsterectomy

Reading went from 16th in November to get promoted as champions

So maybe that means we scrape 6th and win play offs?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024