Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? 17:54 - Oct 25 with 1567 viewsSuperblue95

No, just me then

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 17:58 - Oct 25 with 1543 viewsJ2BLUE

I tried to but I don't. Been saying for weeks I can't warm to him. I was never happy with how we got him with the negotiations clearly starting when he was preparing for a play off final. Shrewsbury fans think he's a snake. Not sure I feel that strongly but they have a point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 17:59 - Oct 25 with 1531 viewsnorthstandsteps

Everyone should. Young, ambitious manager who came in at an ailing football club dying on its feet and tried to stamp his own ideas on a budget that in modern day terms was no more than a few buttons. Didnt work, I hope he goes on to great things
Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:00 - Oct 25 with 1516 viewsflimflam

I do actually as really wanted him to succeed but all my goodwill was lost after QPR.

Hope he can get his career back on track and be a success somewhere else but the time for him to go is now.

Not nice for anyone to be sacked but that is the nature of the beast in football unfortunately.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:12 - Oct 25 with 1480 viewsGlasgowBlue

He won't be out of work for long. He has a good record in the lower leagues and most owners will disregard his record here. They see he was just another manager who couldn't succeed at a stagnant club, following in the footsteps of Keane, Jewell and Mick.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:15 - Oct 25 with 1458 viewssparks

Absolutely. Came in witht he right idea, in difficult circumstances. I maintain that he lost his nerve too early. There were promising signs, but he panicked for the Norwich game, and since then his team selections have been eccentric and all over the place.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:24 - Oct 25 with 1390 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 17:58 - Oct 25 by J2BLUE

I tried to but I don't. Been saying for weeks I can't warm to him. I was never happy with how we got him with the negotiations clearly starting when he was preparing for a play off final. Shrewsbury fans think he's a snake. Not sure I feel that strongly but they have a point.

Hurst is a good manager. It just didnt work here for a number of reasons. Watched a lot of Shrewsbury games last season and they had a better squad arguably than we have now. Shows how far we have fallen.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:25 - Oct 25 with 1385 viewshoppy

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:15 - Oct 25 by sparks

Absolutely. Came in witht he right idea, in difficult circumstances. I maintain that he lost his nerve too early. There were promising signs, but he panicked for the Norwich game, and since then his team selections have been eccentric and all over the place.

Agreed to a point. He seemed to stick too rigidly to his belief that the lone striker was the right approach - despite not having the right personnel to function in that role at his disposal.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:30 - Oct 25 with 1355 viewsStowmarketshrew

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:24 - Oct 25 by ShropshireBluenago09

Hurst is a good manager. It just didnt work here for a number of reasons. Watched a lot of Shrewsbury games last season and they had a better squad arguably than we have now. Shows how far we have fallen.

The Shrews squad of last year was simply magical, and credit to Hurst for pulling together that team and giving me the most enjoyable season in the 30 years I've been following Shrewsbury.

But, Hurst is ambitious and self entitled well past the point of arrogance. His behind the scenes discussions with Evans at the tail end of last season undoubtedly affected us but ultimately his ego and his arrogance has got the better of them. Karma and good riddance to that snake I say.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:34 - Oct 25 with 1334 viewsSouperJim

I mainly feel sorry for us fans. We did everything that was reasonable to back him and a good deal more than he would have got at the vast majority of other clubs. We deserve better than we've had for the last few years.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:45 - Oct 25 with 1284 viewslowhouseblue

at a human level, yes. he's failed here big time and i'm sure he's shattered by that. but he is the author of his own cock up, he was arrogant in thinking that he could just impose a pre-formed plan (i think it was the one he had for shrewsbury is they went up) and he took no time to understand the club or what we had. and he didn't have the wit to understand that the championship was new to him and that he needed time to understand it. he assumed that he knew enough to judge championship quality, and he has proven that he didn't.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:49 - Oct 25 with 1259 viewsSamWhiteUK

Yes, I do, on a personal level. I like him as a guy.

I am sad to see Ipswich in the position where they have to be one of those clubs who sack a manager in under 6 months, but at the same time, I would be even more sad to see the club relegated. I know that's still a possibility
Anyone else feel sorry for Hurst? on 18:49 - Oct 25 with 1255 viewsmonty_radio

I said in an earlier blog that I wouldn't bet against him - unless he'd finally been promoted to the level of his incompetence. Still not sure he has, but boy, the age we live in is unforgiving and self-entitled. From very early on some really balanced posters were shouting "are we nearly there yet?" from the back seats. I can see how, in a certain way, there was no choice.

Anyway, I'm off to stockpile against a post-Brexit cheese shortage.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024