Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert - no from me. 18:34 - Oct 25 with 1416 viewsTexaco73

If Evans unveils Paul Lambert as the next manager I think he will have rounded off his magnificent managerial recruitment record perfectly.

Nothing against Paul Lambert personally, I think he is a reasonable manager, but really his reputation is based on one appointment at Norwich.

Although I'm sure many of us could be grown up enough to ignore the Norwich connection, it would always be there, comparisons continually made and very little tolerance if things didn't improve quickly.
If he also brought in former Canaries on to the coaching staff too, that would not sit very comfortably. It would feel like we would become Norwich mk2 *shudder*.

Evans needs the fans on-side, and appointing Paul Lambert would be far to much a risk for me. He may be cheap, have experience e.t.c. but football is as much an emotional game as it is technical.
Lambert would be on a hiding to nothing here, and if Evans can't see that, then he really is 'something different'.
Lambert - no from me. on 18:36 - Oct 25 with 1395 viewsSuperblue95

Our last two Paul's have been pretty crap so best we don't appoint another

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Lambert - no from me. on 18:38 - Oct 25 with 1367 viewsFixed_It

I remember the North stand singing ' You can stick your Joe Royal up your @rse' when he was first linked, which beside being a physical impossibility, turned out not to be such a bad appointment in the end.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lambert - no from me. on 18:43 - Oct 25 with 1303 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Small minded.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert - no from me. on 18:49 - Oct 25 with 1267 viewsTexaco73

Lambert - no from me. on 18:38 - Oct 25 by Fixed_It

I remember the North stand singing ' You can stick your Joe Royal up your @rse' when he was first linked, which beside being a physical impossibility, turned out not to be such a bad appointment in the end.

Joe Royle didn't manage Norwich though.

Paul Lambert kick started them to a higher level of participation. Which is why, although he might be able do something here, he will be directly compared to his managerial record at Norwich. It will be continuous,
Lambert - no from me. on 19:21 - Oct 25 with 1182 viewsRomeo4

I fear he may be too similar to Hurst in terms of his demeanour. The club needs a lift and someone who can spark it to life. Willing to back him if that’s the decision made but don’t feel it will provide much inspiration.
Lambert - no from me. on 19:34 - Oct 25 with 1093 viewsCoco

Lambert - no from me. on 18:49 - Oct 25 by Texaco73

Joe Royle didn't manage Norwich though.

Paul Lambert kick started them to a higher level of participation. Which is why, although he might be able do something here, he will be directly compared to his managerial record at Norwich. It will be continuous,

But he did play for them.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Lambert - no from me. on 19:50 - Oct 25 with 1014 viewsTexaco73

Lambert - no from me. on 19:34 - Oct 25 by Coco

But he did play for them.

Yes he did for a couple of years, but it isn't comparable in the same way as Lambert.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024