Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody Hell!!! 20:21 - Oct 25 with 1644 viewsFootballpete

What a gamble from Evans. Lambert will have to get it right very quickly to get fans on side. If it doesn’t work out the atmosphere will be disastrous.

Would love it if he does well here though. Imagine if we beat them for the first time for years with Lambert as boss. It’d be sweet.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:22 - Oct 25 with 1627 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Agree entirely.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Hurst was a gamble on 20:24 - Oct 25 with 1601 viewsDyland

Lambert is simply Evans taking what he feels is the best option available, all things considered.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:25 - Oct 25 with 1603 viewsFunge

If he keeps us up, I couldn't care less.

He's managed Norwich, but he's not a Budgie, in my eyes - does that make sense?

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:26 - Oct 25 with 1581 viewsGlasgowBlue

I feel exactly the same way.

Stop the Lambert moaning by GlasgowBlue 25 Oct 2018 20:03
Or Burley and Butcher.

I'm not a die hard budgie hater like some on here but I don't see the point of Evans aggravating the fanbase any further.

The bloke will arrive with very little goodwill and will be expected to perform miracles straight away. He'll be cut no slack and it won't take long for the fans to turn on him. If results don't go our way then Portman road will be empty.

Burley and Butcher would have had all the goodwill in the world and as most of us are resigned to relegation anyway, the pair of them would have been given a pass by the fans to just play some decent attacking football and see what happens.

"History is made, sadly, by people who are bystanders and do nothing. Their inaction is an excuse and a cover for intolerance".
Poll: What would your preference for next season be?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:27 - Oct 25 with 1578 viewsMelford

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:25 - Oct 25 by Funge

He never played for them, not from the area and ***ked off the moment he got a better job. He hates them as well now
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-19839446
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/oct/05/norwich-city-suing-paul-lambert
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/paul-lambert-norwich-city-are-suing-me

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: Lovejoy or Bergerac?

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:28 - Oct 25 with 1559 viewsFunge

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:27 - Oct 25 by Melford

He never played for them, not from the area and ***ked off the moment he got a better job. He hates them as well now
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-19839446
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/oct/05/norwich-city-suing-paul-lambert
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/paul-lambert-norwich-city-are-suing-me

Yeah that's pretty much my feelings too.

Culverhouse though, fcks sake.
Bloody Hell!!! on 20:31 - Oct 25 with 1517 viewsFootballpete

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:26 - Oct 25 by GlasgowBlue

I feel exactly the same way.

Stop the Lambert moaning by GlasgowBlue 25 Oct 2018 20:03
Or Burley and Butcher.

I'm not a die hard budgie hater like some on here but I don't see the point of Evans aggravating the fanbase any further.

The bloke will arrive with very little goodwill and will be expected to perform miracles straight away. He'll be cut no slack and it won't take long for the fans to turn on him. If results don't go our way then Portman road will be empty.

Burley and Butcher would have had all the goodwill in the world and as most of us are resigned to relegation anyway, the pair of them would have been given a pass by the fans to just play some decent attacking football and see what happens.

I hate West Ham at least as much as Norwich, but I’d never have held it against Llyall.

If we finish 21st under Lambert he’d have done a good job. Just need to give him a chance.

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:33 - Oct 25 with 1497 viewsVic

I think Marcus has a deathwish on us!

Forget the Budgie connection and I can see why he’d engage Lambert. But factor it back in and it’s a huge, unnecessary gamble.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:35 - Oct 25 with 1473 viewsMelford

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:28 - Oct 25 by Funge

Yeah that's pretty much my feelings too.

Culverhouse though, fcks sake.

That's a pill we're going to have to swallow I suppose. Can't be worse than Doig.

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:37 - Oct 25 with 1456 viewshoppy

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:31 - Oct 25 by Footballpete

I hate West Ham at least as much as Norwich, but I’d never have held it against Llyall.

If we finish 21st under Lambert he’d have done a good job. Just need to give him a chance.

Good point re: West Ham. We also had Paul Goddard as caretaker manager once too...

Poll: Leftover pizza... Do you...
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:37 - Oct 25 with 1453 viewsbrogansnose

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:25 - Oct 25 by Funge

Yep, know what you're saying. As far as I'm concerned its 'Operation Don't Get Relegated' now and damage limitation after Little Roy and people need to get on board.

Like Mellers says, there ain't no love between that lot and Lambert and it would stick right in their throats if he kept us up.
Bloody Hell!!! on 20:48 - Oct 25 with 1413 viewsFunge

Bloody Hell!!! on 20:37 - Oct 25 by brogansnose

Yep, know what you're saying. As far as I'm concerned its 'Operation Don't Get Relegated' now and damage limitation after Little Roy and people need to get on board.

Like Mellers says, there ain't no love between that lot and Lambert and it would stick right in their throats if he kept us up.

'Little Roy' - yep, that's about the size of it. Hurst had his tactical nous, and Doig had his charm.

I'm not sure if keeping us up from here would be a bigger achievement than MMs first season. MM inherited an absolute load of gunk from Jewell; this squad is, Bart aside, desperately low on quality. Obviously the yoof aren't included in that, because they're yoof.

I honestly have no idea what happens next.
Bloody Hell!!! on 21:11 - Oct 25 with 1346 viewsGlasgowBlue

As I said. I'm quite removed from the Norwich hate, and I hope that he succeeds here, but look how the fans turned on Andy Marshall. There will be very little good will when he arrives.

"History is made, sadly, by people who are bystanders and do nothing. Their inaction is an excuse and a cover for intolerance".
Poll: What would your preference for next season be?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bloody Hell!!! on 21:17 - Oct 25 with 1308 viewsFootballpete

Bloody Hell!!! on 21:11 - Oct 25 by GlasgowBlue

As I said. I'm quite removed from the Norwich hate, and I hope that he succeeds here, but look how the fans turned on Andy Marshall. There will be very little good will when he arrives.

I totally agree, if it doesn’t work it will be the final nail in the coffin of the relationship between the ownership and the fans. If he’s successful it would be a master stroke. Nothing in Evans’ history with the club suggests the latter is likely, but I certainly hope so! Interesting times.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 21:21]

Bloody Hell!!! on 21:32 - Oct 25 with 1256 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Agreed with that - most of my relatives support W Ham. So I’d say wham are a bigger rival for me.
Lyall was great for us.
Bloody Hell!!! on 22:02 - Oct 25 with 1192 viewsMelford

Bloody Hell!!! on 21:32 - Oct 25 by BtreeBlueBlood

Agreed with that - most of my relatives support W Ham. So I’d say wham are a bigger rival for me.
Lyall was great for us.

My old man's side of the family who grew up in Poplar, Apart from a Man U supporting cousin it's wall to wall claret and blue with his sister and his brother and their kids, apart from my old man and his offspring who settled in Suffolk and became a Town fan, they piss me right off. "we won the world cup, did you ***k. All your World Cup winners came back to your team after the tournament and you won ***k all with them. We had to give up both our best managers to England in their prime winning silverware for Ipswich, who won the league more recently than Spurs.

Every Christmas when we all have to get together it's this same argument every time with had a few.

Bloody Hell!!! on 22:44 - Oct 25 with 1099 views3_5_2

Totally agree

There are many town fans who will not want him to succeed as he is deemed a budgie

Can’t pretend I’m overjoyed at where we are right now but if he is our manager and keeps us up then I would take that. Sorting the compete fcukfest out this club has become will take longer

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2019