Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert 20:32 - Oct 25 with 6574 viewsCaptMickMills

Possibly most disillusioned I have been in 50 years of supporting Town.

If appointed Hurst should have given him more time. But back to has beens off managerial merry go round.

How uninspiring and unimaginative. Can't get any enthusiasm about Lambert. What has he done since Nirwich? Got Stoke relegated?

If going for 'experienced' manager then Warburton would be best option for me.

How about Burley working with Hogg and Nash?
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 22:37 - Oct 25 with 1775 views3_5_2

Christ there is so much wrong with this post just don’t where to start

Hurst would have taken us down for sure

Love Burley etc but they have had their time

Lambert didn’t get them relegated. They were almost gone when he went there

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 22:41 - Oct 25 with 1766 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Under Hurst we would have in all probability gone down. We had to change it and now - if we left it for any longer we could have ended up 7 or 8 points from safety, and that would be a tough task to recover from.

Paul Lambert has experience of this league and has had a fair degree of success. He might just turn out to be the man we need. All he has to do this season is finish 21st, which if he can get the right players in during January I'm confident he will do. Lambert is as good an appointment as we could have hoped for.

Time to be united and get behind the team and stop bickering.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 22:42 - Oct 25 with 1766 viewsMalcolmBlue

Lol who’s this clown! If you don’t want to support Town after 50 years and putting up with so much crap over the last 10 years then why not give it a shot. You have noting to lose! Hurst was woeful, why would you stick with someone who doesn’t have a clue about building a team to be (at least) competitive at this level!

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 22:48 - Oct 25 with 1754 viewsMalcolmBlue

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:50 - Oct 25 by Ftnfwest

Things just seemed to be getting much worse by the week rather than better. I thought after the first 4 or 5 games there was a certain amount of promise but really since then it’s been the ‘miracle of Swansea’ and nothing else. If we’d got a performance and result against qpr he’d have probably got the run through to the next international break but that would have been it if we hadn’t picked up a win or two by then

Agreed, QPR was probably the most depressing Town game I’ve ever had the displeasure of witnessing as a Town fan and although I didn’t expect any points against Leeds I at least expected us to try and get one. We did nothing and were deemed “okay” by Hurst.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 19:09 - Feb 23 with 1440 viewsCoco

The Burley route made more sense for me too, but was told it would be a disaster.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 19:25 - Feb 23 with 1412 viewsjas0999

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:36 - Oct 25 by Fixed_It

Check your facts if you are going to moan. Lambert didn't 'get Stoke relegated'.
If we are to believe what we hear, results were not the only issue with Hurst's tenure. He had to go.

Agreed. Hurst unsettled the whole club from day one. His assistant was also a major problem apparently. He had to go. Lambert has been great ... for Evans. Attendances up. More publicity. Not spending much.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 21:02 - Feb 23 with 1357 viewsSwailsey

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 19:09 - Feb 23 by Coco

The Burley route made more sense for me too, but was told it would be a disaster.

Haha how on earth did this get bumped?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 06:14 - Feb 24 with 1272 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 22:37 - Oct 25 by 3_5_2

Christ there is so much wrong with this post just don’t where to start

Hurst would have taken us down for sure

Love Burley etc but they have had their time

Lambert didn’t get them relegated. They were almost gone when he went there

Stoke weren’t almost down at all, when he took over they had 15 games left and were one single point from safety

They ended up relegated with 2 games to spare, and ultimately finished three points from safety thanks to a dead rubber win on the last day of the season (sound familiar)? Under Lambert they averaged a pitiful 0.87ppg - again only boosted thanks to that victory

Also re Burley I agree it’s probably a romantic notion rather than a logical one, but he could hardly have done much worse...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 08:19 - Feb 24 with 1221 viewsitfcjoe

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 06:14 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Stoke weren’t almost down at all, when he took over they had 15 games left and were one single point from safety

They ended up relegated with 2 games to spare, and ultimately finished three points from safety thanks to a dead rubber win on the last day of the season (sound familiar)? Under Lambert they averaged a pitiful 0.87ppg - again only boosted thanks to that victory

Also re Burley I agree it’s probably a romantic notion rather than a logical one, but he could hardly have done much worse...

Could anyone have done much worse? Genuinely.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 09:34 - Feb 24 with 1189 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 08:19 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

Could anyone have done much worse? Genuinely.

Well quite

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 09:50 - Feb 24 with 1178 viewsRobTheMonk

Lambert's initial on field record at Ipswich is near identical to Hurst. It's only that Hurst and Doig were absolute egits that Lambert got away with a free ride to relegation and an absolute whimper of a relegation at that.

He might as well have to the end of the season. I don't really care at the moment which is a horrible feeling to have as a supporter.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 09:58 - Feb 24 with 1169 viewsGeoffSentence

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:38 - Oct 25 by WD19

Cheer up. You don't actually have to adopt Mick Mills personality as well as his name.

But I cannot recommend adopting his posture highly enough. Wonderful, wonderful posture. MM is a walking advert for the Alexander Technique.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 10:08 - Feb 24 with 1158 viewspointofblue

At the time I agreed that Hurst should go but as soon as I heard we’d picked Lambert I wondered what the point was. Oddly last year we seemed to be trying to forge an identity, even though we couldn’t score, but that’s been thrown out of the window this year.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024