Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
00:24 - Oct 26 with 4980 views_

Not happy with that appointment. on 00:29 - Oct 26 with 4300 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m not that impressed either tbh, and same - I couldn’t care less about Norwich. I’m a bit more worried about some recent(ish) failures and the bullying issues with his team at Villa.

But we’ll see I suppose. It may work.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not happy with that appointment. on 00:32 - Oct 26 with 4295 viewshoppy

If you look into the background of the jobs where you say he’s failed to impress, they’ve been far from stable... and the one thing Evans does do, is give a stable base for the manager (obviously Hurst would’ve had that as well with a few more wins on the board, but he’s acted before the situation worsens to an irreversible extent)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Not happy with that appointment. on 00:34 - Oct 26 with 4286 viewsBlueNode

I'm unsure about Lambert as a manager... he seemed to have shot his bolt at Villa and has done nothing remarkable since.

He seems to be able to get reasonable talent functioning well, but we don't have reasonable talent at the moment. I'm also not overly impressed by his recruitment abilities.

As far as youth goes... has he ever been involved or believed in bringing youth into first team involvement?

Having said all that......

If he's our manager then I will fully support him..... (until I don't)

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

on 00:36 - Oct 26 with 4280 views_

Not happy with that appointment. on 00:29 - Oct 26 by Swansea_Blue

I’m not that impressed either tbh, and same - I couldn’t care less about Norwich. I’m a bit more worried about some recent(ish) failures and the bullying issues with his team at Villa.

But we’ll see I suppose. It may work.

Not happy with that appointment. on 00:36 - Oct 26 with 4270 viewsBlueBadger

At this point in time we don't need Mister Right, we need Mister Right Now. whether Lambert can do that is another matter but he deserves a blank slate, given that he's onto nearly as much a hiding to nothing as Mick was in 2012.
I'm more worried about he rumours of three year contracts, mind. If evan is genuinely serious about long term planning then that's all he should be doing.
*Shamelessly spams blog for the rest of the point*

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I don't disagree with the sentiment on 00:43 - Oct 26 with 4245 viewsDyland

These are dark days indeed, but I'd add... regardless of who we appointed after the Hurst/Doig gamble went south.

I think you're making a meal of things re traditions and bleeding blue though. Who's to say Lambert won't respect that, whatever "that" is?

I'm not particularly happy with it either and like you, nothing to do with the budgie connection... much more a la Jewell's appointment...

Having said that, as ever I know fook all really except I've supported ITFC for forty years, and I'll leave it to the footie geeks to analyse if Lambert is more mustard than Jewell, etc. etc.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No on 00:44 - Oct 26 with 4234 viewsDyland

on 00:36 - Oct 26 by _

No no no no no no no no no.

Come on ffs......

Not happy with that appointment. on 00:49 - Oct 26 with 4200 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not happy with that appointment. on 00:32 - Oct 26 by hoppy

If you look into the background of the jobs where you say he’s failed to impress, they’ve been far from stable... and the one thing Evans does do, is give a stable base for the manager (obviously Hurst would’ve had that as well with a few more wins on the board, but he’s acted before the situation worsens to an irreversible extent)

That’s true, he gave Hurst 2 whole months .

Lambert’s problems previously seemed to be linked to players being sold and him not being able to bring in those he wanted. He’ll definitely face those same problems here.

We’ll see. I’m not against it, but something doesn’t feel quite right. Uninspiring I guess. But if he can steady the ship, then great, happy days.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

I don't disagree with the sentiment on 01:01 - Oct 26 with 4173 viewsGuthrum

I don't disagree with the sentiment on 00:43 - Oct 26 by Dyland

These are dark days indeed, but I'd add... regardless of who we appointed after the Hurst/Doig gamble went south.

I think you're making a meal of things re traditions and bleeding blue though. Who's to say Lambert won't respect that, whatever "that" is?

I'm not particularly happy with it either and like you, nothing to do with the budgie connection... much more a la Jewell's appointment...

Having said that, as ever I know fook all really except I've supported ITFC for forty years, and I'll leave it to the footie geeks to analyse if Lambert is more mustard than Jewell, etc. etc.

COYFB

In reality, we're not going to know the answer to that until boots actually hit turf.

It's not just about skill levels, but also how a manager "fits" with a club (in the real sense of understanding the setup, getting on with the staff, rapport with players, not so much just having links going back a long way). Formerly good managers can turn bad - as we've just experienced - and vice versa.

We know that Lambert has the potential to succeed, from parts of his CV, or not, from others. The outcome (in a highly difficult situation) is very much up in the air and almost impossible to accurately prejudge.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

pretty much (n/t) on 01:09 - Oct 26 with 4142 viewsDyland

I don't disagree with the sentiment on 01:01 - Oct 26 by Guthrum

In reality, we're not going to know the answer to that until boots actually hit turf.

It's not just about skill levels, but also how a manager "fits" with a club (in the real sense of understanding the setup, getting on with the staff, rapport with players, not so much just having links going back a long way). Formerly good managers can turn bad - as we've just experienced - and vice versa.

We know that Lambert has the potential to succeed, from parts of his CV, or not, from others. The outcome (in a highly difficult situation) is very much up in the air and almost impossible to accurately prejudge.

on 10:46 - Oct 26 with 3614 views_

No on 00:44 - Oct 26 by Dyland

No no no no no no no no no.

Come on ffs......

Not happy with that appointment. on 10:50 - Oct 26 with 3571 viewsFrimleyBlue

For me, the key is Lambert working with those around him, something the previous managers didn't like ( POSSIBLY)

Klug, Nash, Hogg etc all have fantastic knowledge, we have some superb youngsters, Lambert has everything at the club to build a team, may take a while, but the foundations are there.

I Think the biggest investment Evans can make in the next 12 months is to get us to Cat 1, this will be Key.

But Lambert and first team, I think as long as he works with everyone and looks to include everyone, he could enjoy managing such a club

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not happy with that appointment. on 10:53 - Oct 26 with 3538 viewshype313

I think what we are witnessing is thd fact that the job at our club isnt as attractive as it once was, the fact that a few turned it down meams we are limited to what we can get, sad state of affairs really.

And if that means Lambert is the choice over the other names mentioned, then i'll take that as a positive, but it is slim pickings and a sign of the times for us.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Not happy with that appointment. on 10:54 - Oct 26 with 3537 viewsKieran_Knows

Come off it Lib!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

No on 10:54 - Oct 26 with 3538 viewsJakeITFC

on 10:46 - Oct 26 by _

It is nonsense tbh, no is a pretty good argument.

You've got too harsh a view of Lambert for my money. One exceptional job at Norwich, a few decent ones elsewhere and generally extenuating circumstances when it hasn't worked out at clubs.

We'd all love an Ipswich man to be our knight in shining armour, but unfortunately there aren't suitable candidates who actually fit the bill of what we need.

Paul Lambert is at the top end (actually the number one candidate for me) of what we can and should be looking for in this hire, so it has to be seen as a positive appointment.
No on 10:54 - Oct 26 with 3520 viewsNthsuffolkblue

on 10:46 - Oct 26 by _

The only similarity been Megson and Lambert is the Norwich connection.

The style of football is completely different. Megson would be a less effective version of MM.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not happy with that appointment. on 10:56 - Oct 26 with 3496 viewsDanTheMan

I'm on the fence. Trying to look at it without bias he's done fairly well in most places. Places where it's all gone wrong tend to have over reasons as well as to why so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

My largest concern will be the amount of time fans will give him to turn it around.

Onwards and upwards though...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Not happy with that appointment. on 10:58 - Oct 26 with 3469 viewschicoazul

Crazy talk.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 10:58 - Oct 26 with 3466 views_

No on 10:54 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

The only similarity been Megson and Lambert is the Norwich connection.

The style of football is completely different. Megson would be a less effective version of MM.

on 11:04 - Oct 26 with 3432 views_

on 10:58 - Oct 26 by _

Not happy with that appointment. on 11:11 - Oct 26 with 3392 viewsstewartm

maybe I agree but TBH he needs to be given a chance

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Not happy with that appointment. on 11:12 - Oct 26 with 3381 viewsReuser_is_God

Oh wow.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Not happy with that appointment. on 11:14 - Oct 26 with 3358 viewsAce_High1

We are not in a position to have the luxury to pick and choose. At the end of the day Lambert has most recently been managing in the PL and has a decent record.

No doubt a few have already turned us down so unless we want another lower league punt or ex Ipswich legend not much else we can do.
Not happy with that appointment. on 11:41 - Oct 26 with 3295 viewsblueislander

Not happy with that appointment. on 00:49 - Oct 26 by Swansea_Blue

That’s true, he gave Hurst 2 whole months .

Lambert’s problems previously seemed to be linked to players being sold and him not being able to bring in those he wanted. He’ll definitely face those same problems here.

We’ll see. I’m not against it, but something doesn’t feel quite right. Uninspiring I guess. But if he can steady the ship, then great, happy days.

Although he only had 2 months of competitive football, in reality he had the pre-season . Therein lies his real failure. Whether he had much say in Webster and Waghorn leaving is open to question, but he let young players go out on loan, preferring to sign the lower league players, none of whom have proved good enough. We had flashes from Edwards, and maybe Jackson hasn't been able to how his ability, but none of the others are good enough.
No on 14:02 - Oct 26 with 3113 viewsSarge

on 10:58 - Oct 26 by _

You didn’t/don’t rate McG either. Come on Libs, get with it..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024