Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert 08:41 - Oct 26 with 4101 viewsbozzly

To the ridiculous moaners that are criticising Lambert managing town because he managed the budgies......did you also moan when Steve Foley came to town after coaching Norwich for 10 years?
Did you moan when one of town's legends, Bryan Hamilton came to town after being at Norwich?
Did you moan when Joe Royle came to town after managing Norwich?
Get a life!!!
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 08:45 - Oct 26 with 4079 viewsphillev231069

At last.... Some sense.
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 08:54 - Oct 26 with 4057 viewsblueconscience

Royle played for Norwich, but never managed them.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:01 - Oct 26 with 4041 viewsbozzly

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 08:54 - Oct 26 by blueconscience

My mistake, I meant Hamilton was manager, not Royle
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:01 - Oct 26 with 4038 viewsPabloReuser

Quite the opposite! It's ridiculous NOT to moan about Lambert coming. I hate Norwich City and don't want anyone connected with their club at this club. It might be irrational or even to our detriment sometimes, but this is one of my deepest football feelings. I really, really don't want ex-Norwich people at Ipswich. In fact, one of the highlights in my time supporting this club was when Ian Crook changed his mind about playing for us. Top player that he was, I just couldn't bear the thought of seeing him wearing our shirt.

What's more, this is Paul Lambert. This would be a tragic appointment without the Norwich connection, but with it... christ!
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:03 - Oct 26 with 4024 viewsjimmyvet

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 08:54 - Oct 26 by blueconscience

What's the difference nothing....its really sad some on here would rather us get relegated than Lambert do well......they need to grow up and stop being so immature and pathetic.
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:09 - Oct 26 with 4009 viewsbozzly

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:01 - Oct 26 by PabloReuser

Quite the opposite! It's ridiculous NOT to moan about Lambert coming. I hate Norwich City and don't want anyone connected with their club at this club. It might be irrational or even to our detriment sometimes, but this is one of my deepest football feelings. I really, really don't want ex-Norwich people at Ipswich. In fact, one of the highlights in my time supporting this club was when Ian Crook changed his mind about playing for us. Top player that he was, I just couldn't bear the thought of seeing him wearing our shirt.

What's more, this is Paul Lambert. This would be a tragic appointment without the Norwich connection, but with it... christ!

Pabloreuser... What a sad way of thinking.
Get a life!!
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:18 - Oct 26 with 3986 viewsPabloReuser

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:09 - Oct 26 by bozzly

Pabloreuser... What a sad way of thinking.
Get a life!!

It's not a sad way of thinking. It's what makes football, and things like Derby Day and rivalries with my Norwich supporting friends, so much more meaningful. If everyone is really not bothered about having an ex Norwich player on manager, then why does everyone pretend not to like the club so much?
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:27 - Oct 26 with 3966 viewsSouperJim

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:18 - Oct 26 by PabloReuser

It's not a sad way of thinking. It's what makes football, and things like Derby Day and rivalries with my Norwich supporting friends, so much more meaningful. If everyone is really not bothered about having an ex Norwich player on manager, then why does everyone pretend not to like the club so much?

It's a sporting rivalry, not a foaming at the mouth hatred where lives have been lost. Get some perspective. I love it when we beat them and it makes me miserable when they turn us over, but it's not life and death. Besides, Lambert is far from universally loved there and it turned very sour at the end. If he is a success here it will really wind them up.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:32 - Oct 26 with 3944 viewssotd78

I could not care less about the Norwich connection. But Lambert as a unifier of the fan base and a loyal coach do not chime. He’s a self absorbed climber. He and Evans will get on fine.

But in a game where clubs still rely on loyalty of the fans it is a strange appointment if true.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:39 - Oct 26 with 3925 viewsericclacton

The fanny base has to get behind Lamb Bear, OR WE WILL END UP IN THE TURD TIER.

Supporters Support, Cheeses cryst.

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 10:16 - Oct 26 with 3859 viewsblueconscience

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:03 - Oct 26 by jimmyvet

What's the difference nothing....its really sad some on here would rather us get relegated than Lambert do well......they need to grow up and stop being so immature and pathetic.

My issue isn’t with who is managing the club it is the owner, therefore his norwich links don’t bother me personally.

The decline is all down to Evans and will continue regardless who is manager.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 10:46 - Oct 26 with 3809 viewsSeablu

Quite the biggest load of narrow-minded parochial guff I think I've ever seen posted on here.
A contrived hatred based on solely on geographical location. To take it to that festering level of mental deficiency is just jaw-dropping.
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 10:57 - Oct 26 with 3781 viewsnoggin

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:03 - Oct 26 by jimmyvet

Apologies, downvoted by mistake.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 11:18 - Oct 26 with 3756 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

its not about his ex budgie connections (there have been plenty over the years who have worked for both clubs), its the fact he will be' Agent lambert' and the budgies will be laughing their heads off when he and Culverhouse preside over our relegation. People moan that Burley has done nothing for years, neither has Lambert...not successfully anyway! We should have appointed Burley, its so obvious with his connections and knowledge of the club and even if we do go down we know he's done all he can and it will hurt him as much as the fans where as Lambert doesn't give a toss. Let the downvotes fly, this just shows how totally out of touch Evans is, who the f@ck is his advisor?
What a dark day when you add in we say goodbye to the beat today as well... COYB!

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 11:33 - Oct 26 with 3718 viewsPabloReuser

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 10:46 - Oct 26 by Seablu

Quite the biggest load of narrow-minded parochial guff I think I've ever seen posted on here.
A contrived hatred based on solely on geographical location. To take it to that festering level of mental deficiency is just jaw-dropping.

"A contrived hatred based solely on geographical location."

Er, yes... Whether contrived or not, isn't that kind of the essence of local rivalries in football? Celtic and Rangers? Spurs and Arsenal? Utd and City? And so on...

And what's wrong with being parochial? That's what supporting your local team is all about.
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 11:37 - Oct 26 with 3710 viewsnoitan

Suffice to say, you are irrational

Curlew

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 11:50 - Oct 26 with 3675 viewsKeaneish

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 09:32 - Oct 26 by sotd78

I could not care less about the Norwich connection. But Lambert as a unifier of the fan base and a loyal coach do not chime. He’s a self absorbed climber. He and Evans will get on fine.

But in a game where clubs still rely on loyalty of the fans it is a strange appointment if true.

Yeah my sentiments too although it’ll take a little while for me to get used to him in the dugout.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 12:08 - Oct 26 with 3634 viewsSeablu

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 11:33 - Oct 26 by PabloReuser

Er, yes... Whether contrived or not, isn't that kind of the essence of local rivalries in football? Celtic and Rangers? Spurs and Arsenal? Utd and City? And so on...

And what's wrong with being parochial? That's what supporting your local team is all about.

Rivalry is fine, but taking it to the level of 'hatred' is just so pathetic and unnecessary. Yet you admit to having friends who support Norwich. Can't you see the contradiction in that? Surely you should hate them with every bone of your being as well.
The Celtic/Rangers rivalry is a pathetic religion based hatred formed over centuries of brainwashed idiocy.
Aren't you a bit better than that?
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 12:26 - Oct 26 with 3577 viewsBueller

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 12:08 - Oct 26 by Seablu

Rivalry is fine, but taking it to the level of 'hatred' is just so pathetic and unnecessary. Yet you admit to having friends who support Norwich. Can't you see the contradiction in that? Surely you should hate them with every bone of your being as well.
The Celtic/Rangers rivalry is a pathetic religion based hatred formed over centuries of brainwashed idiocy.
Aren't you a bit better than that?

Yeah do agree with hatred, seems abit strong.

I do feel strongly that Culverhouse and potential other backroom staff being ex norwich players though. Paul Lambert gives off the impression that he does not care where he goes and does not really attach to a club so is what it is. Culverhouse spent 10 years at Norwich for example, it would be a strange appointment.

Yes there are alot of rational people who see past it but then on the flip side alot of people who will go wild merely at the connection so at a time of discontent at the club and the idea is to unite the fans (whether they are irrational or not) there seem to be other options out there.

I will throw it out there I do not have an issue with Lambert, I had heard that many at Stoke would have actually like him to say even though relegated which is positive. But I am sure you would feel strange seeing Holland, Dyer and Bramble and the like taking a job at Norwich in the same vein as IC with us.
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 12:45 - Oct 26 with 3522 viewsCurrie10

A lot DID moan re Royle....
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 12:46 - Oct 26 with 3521 viewsButterbing

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 11:33 - Oct 26 by PabloReuser

Hatred of another football club is just pathetic. I used to be proud of the rivalry with Norwich as it was a friendly rivalry. Those who actually feel hatred for their local rivals need to grow up.
Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 14:57 - Oct 26 with 3421 viewsRyorry

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 11:37 - Oct 26 by noitan

Suffice to say, you are irrational

Supporting a footbsll club isn't rational.

Thought people would get that it's emotional.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 15:09 - Oct 26 with 3385 viewsnoitan

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 14:57 - Oct 26 by Ryorry

Supporting a footbsll club isn't rational.

Thought people would get that it's emotional.

Guess it's the hatred bit that goes with irrational that's not good.

Curlew

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 15:11 - Oct 26 with 3381 viewsRyorry

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 15:09 - Oct 26 by noitan

Guess it's the hatred bit that goes with irrational that's not good.

Agree, I never get that either, but I just always assume that it's mock stuff rather than real!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 15:15 - Oct 26 with 3373 viewsnoitan

Ridiculous moaning about Lambert on 15:11 - Oct 26 by Ryorry

Agree, I never get that either, but I just always assume that it's mock stuff rather than real!

You would hope so, but not sure it is the case with all.

Curlew

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024