Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a bunch babies our fans are 10:36 - Oct 26 with 2033 viewsbritbiker

There are many things I dislike about modern football but fans are becoming the worst part.

Everyone has their right to moan and decide whether to be a supporter or a stay away fan but listening to some of the pathetic things our fans on here say really disappoints me.

I get we've had more than our share of turgid football on a shoestring budget but all this 'im not going anymore be cause it's rubbish, because he is an ex canary, my morals, he doesn't know the division' and on and on.

Unless you have a real problem with the next manager, ie he was a sex offender, racist etc. Just get behind them. You can have your moral victory when they eventually leave as 90% of all managers will fail eventually.

Managers do what they do as a job. Some enjoy it and some are in it purely for a very good pay cheque. I'm sure all of them start with the intention of succeeding but in the majority of cases they will eventually fail due to the financial set up of English football. They move from club to club. Just because they got a team promoted or relegated within a completely different set up and group of players doesn't mean it will happen under our set up.

Id love us to have this magical set up where everyone of our managers were born in the ipswich area. But let's be realistic how many managers are there out their who we can select from. Most of our own legends played elsewhere before we poached them from another club.I

Have your say on who you want then get behind the club an hope for a little bit of success and fun as that's what supporting unfashionable teams are about. If you want a stress free life just watch man city and complain when they don't win by more than three goals every game.

That's my rant over plus I've made myself late now. Bloody forums.

What a bunch babies our fans are on 10:42 - Oct 26 with 1980 viewsfooters

I'm quietly confident that some sort of magic seal has been broken by Lambert's appointment. Now he will be the first person to have managed all three East Anglian teams (depending on your definition of East Anglia).

He'll rock up to PR wearing dungarees, chewing straw and speaking with a good old boy drawl. Then we'll rocket up to mid-table before the play-offs beckon next season.

The crops around Norwich meanwhile will wither and die causing The Great Nofolk Famine. Col U will just stay as they are.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What a bunch babies our fans are on 10:48 - Oct 26 with 1945 viewsSeablu

The secret is to not take them as seriously as they take themselves.
What a bunch babies our fans are on 10:59 - Oct 26 with 1884 viewsBinner

That'll be the same babies who gave MM abuse, some of it vile, then blubbed when he gave the odd mild retaliation.

And there is another reason why most managers fail. It is because there are many clubs chasing few trophies. If were possible to identify the best 20 managers in the world and each managed a PL team, most would fail to get into Champions League and three would be relegated.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

What a bunch babies our fans are on 11:16 - Oct 26 with 1861 viewsJoHnNnY

I agree with lots of this. Sometimes the downfall of a manager, rot of a teams confidence starts before they have even placed foot in the building... some fans behave like young spoilt children.

Ok, its always a divided opinion when a "link" with Norwich is there. I understand that, but look at the positives, he knows the area and the logistics of the journeys - PH complained about this "tiring" the squad (which i may add, "Awwwww diddums" - try my job and hours), fatigue the reason PH used for some of the constant changes - PL wont be that forgiving i doubt, he wont make that excuse as he knows its required.

He has experince, and its what we need to get us out of this worrying position we are in. IF he can install some confidence, and get the players we have playing at the very best of their ability - we'll have a chance.
I dont beleive he'll wet nurse players, so MIGHT play the likes of Dozzell etc when not 100% fit - as i too believe 60 odd minutes from a great player is all you need to seal a victory sometimes... and will get them fit quicker.

If you think he's pally with Norwich, think again! hes not, was a job - i've read he sued them for £2m somewhere!...
A few wins on the bounce, get us up there competing, a victory over Norwich coupled with some over he top passionate celebrations from the dugout, this "connection" will all be forgotten as he will be "ours".... for now.

Get behind the bloke, as Terry Butcher said, these next 3 games are probably 3 of the "biggest" in the clubs history. COYB!

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

What a bunch babies our fans are on 11:18 - Oct 26 with 1850 viewsTractorWood

The double bluff blub. Classic.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What a bunch babies our fans are on 16:21 - Oct 26 with 1740 viewsbritbiker

What a bunch babies our fans are on 10:59 - Oct 26 by Binner

That'll be the same babies who gave MM abuse, some of it vile, then blubbed when he gave the odd mild retaliation.

And there is another reason why most managers fail. It is because there are many clubs chasing few trophies. If were possible to identify the best 20 managers in the world and each managed a PL team, most would fail to get into Champions League and three would be relegated.

Even the so called special one, Jose, has failed in relative terms as much as he has succeeded. Without the multi millions every club gives him to spend, would he succeed anywhere.
What a bunch babies our fans are on 17:59 - Oct 26 with 1634 viewsTractorWood

What a bunch babies our fans are on 16:21 - Oct 26 by britbiker

Even the so called special one, Jose, has failed in relative terms as much as he has succeeded. Without the multi millions every club gives him to spend, would he succeed anywhere.

Porto.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What a bunch babies our fans are on 18:54 - Oct 26 with 1569 viewsbritbiker

What a bunch babies our fans are on 17:59 - Oct 26 by TractorWood

Porto.

And like most managers they can live off an early success. I remember all the fuss about jewel and what he did at Wigan. He couldn't re create that with us. Isame as hurst at Shrewsbury. Agree that Jose has had success elsewhere but it was always with clubs paying the maximum to gain success. His time was up at Chelsea when others could outspend him. Same now with Utd, although they are starting to spend big they are too far away from City. If he is that special surely his managing talent could make up the difference but he clearly is failing and throwing his toys out of the pram again to secure another nice pay off.
Login to get fewer ads

What a bunch babies our fans are on 20:15 - Oct 26 with 1489 viewsRyorry

I think some people, rather surprisingly, keep expecting all football fans to always think, speak and behave rationally about the clubs they support and love.

Football, and supporting a club, just isn't like that - it's emotional. We may try to think and speak rationally about our beloved clubs most of the time, but sometimes the feeling and emotion win - we are football fans following a club after all, not members of a chess or bridge club sitting round a table totting up each others' scores & then chatting nicely over cucumber sandwiches & tea!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What a bunch babies our fans are on 23:50 - Oct 26 with 1386 viewsSwailsey

What a bunch babies our fans are on 10:59 - Oct 26 by Binner

Your second paragraph is spot on.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024