Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hursts future 11:25 - Oct 26 with 1707 viewsmartinwellbourne

His failure at Town wont do his cv much good but seeing as it was ITFC maybe other clubs will understand and be willing to give PH a go,but only in the lower leagues I'd imagine.Wonder if he'll get a chance to have a bit of revenge in the next year or two as Ipswich will possibly/ probably go down and we run into him somewhere.
Paul Hursts future on 11:29 - Oct 26 with 1669 viewsartsbossbeard

I think he'll be back in football soon.

A interview with an owner where he admits that he tried to do too much too soon would be classed as refreshing and honest.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Paul Hursts future on 11:32 - Oct 26 with 1640 viewshype313

I've got no doubt he will get another job in League One, he still has credit in the bank from his previous jobs, and the fact that he walked in and 3 key players wanted out means, like ABB said, he can say it was too much change too quickly in hindsight.

It is a shame as I really hoped it would work out for him, maybe something he can take from it to a new role, is by bringing in a less abrasive number two...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Paul Hursts future on 11:50 - Oct 26 with 1582 viewsIP33

I'm not sure his time here will damage his CV too much, he is highly thought of in League One and his play off season with Shrewsbury was remarkable. Face it, from the outside looking in Ipswich are a sinking ship and McCarthy was the only thing keeping us afloat anyway.

I think his time here will make him a better manager, he made so many mistakes during his time with us. From challenging the players early on and causing a divide and his poor recruitment. Hopefully he will learn from mistakes.

I wish him well, he just wasn’t the right man for us.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 11:54]
Shrewsbury fans were calling for.... on 11:53 - Oct 26 with 1568 viewsBloots

....their manager's head before they won midweek.

I wouldn't put it past him going back there is they get back on a bad run.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Shrewsbury fans were calling for.... on 11:56 - Oct 26 with 1541 viewsfooters

Shrewsbury fans were calling for.... on 11:53 - Oct 26 by Bloots

Dunno about that. Had a cheeky browse of their forum last night and the majority of fans wouldn't want him back on account of his treacherous departure. Of course fans don't get to choose the manager but it seems there is little goodwill left there for Hurst.

As for what's next for Hurst and Doig, couldn't care less. Unless it's managing Norwich in which case I'm all for it.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Shrewsbury fans were calling for.... on 11:56 - Oct 26 with 1541 viewsIP33

Had a flick through Shrewsbury forum and some were saying they would take him back, others say they can't forgive the way he left them which is understandable.
Paul Hursts future on 11:58 - Oct 26 with 1519 viewsReuser_is_God

I genuinely couldn't care less what Paul Hurst now goes on to do.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Shrewsbury fans were calling for.... on 14:07 - Oct 26 with 1356 viewsTheRealBlue

I can assure you has a Shrewsbury fan observing from afar that there majority of us do not want Hurst or any of his staff back at our club.
We will never forget how he conducted himself prior to the play off final which ultimately I believe cost us on the day.
Poor preparation and attitude from Manager and players who were well aware of his departure and as expected from the fans.
A little sense of karma at his failure to succeed.
A few of your fans have been on our forum talking sensibly.
I wish you all the best for the rest of the season now the slippery snake has slithered off .
Login to get fewer ads

Shrewsbury fans were calling for.... on 14:09 - Oct 26 with 1337 viewsJohnny_Boy

Would be forced to play Josh.
Paul Hursts future on 14:16 - Oct 26 with 1309 viewsGeoffSentence

Paul Hursts future on 11:32 - Oct 26 by hype313

I've got no doubt he will get another job in League One, he still has credit in the bank from his previous jobs, and the fact that he walked in and 3 key players wanted out means, like ABB said, he can say it was too much change too quickly in hindsight.

It is a shame as I really hoped it would work out for him, maybe something he can take from it to a new role, is by bringing in a less abrasive number two...

To be fair to PH it was more like 6 key players who left, there were the thee loanees as well.

Problem was, his replacements are not up to it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024