Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame 08:26 - Oct 27 with 2137 viewsMancBlue86

What experts we all are ey, a forum full of pundits and pros that know how to get a team promoted by playing Barcelona esk football. Sarcasm over - Yes Evans is a fool but if it wasnt for us lot we would never be where we are now. The facts are simple, evans listened at us moan so much that we got what we wanted, I say we but I and a lot of others never had a problem with Mick 2bh, it was obvious he was doing a good job but I also wanted change. Im big enough and ugly to admit that I was wrong and boy was we wrong. I for one though am not “ashamed” of my club, Im gutted yes and bitterly disappointed but never will I be ashamed. Some of you need to take a good hard look at yourselves and take some responsibility because times are not gonna get better any soon and if we do get relegated, sit back , take it in,admit that you were wrong.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 8:28]

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:34 - Oct 27 with 2091 viewsskyblue23

I am so bored of posts about a few things.

1) McCarthy - just get over it
2) People need to look at themselves- Marcus Evans has build a multimillion pound business and owns our football club, he might hear things from the fans but ultimately decisions fall down to him and only him.
3) Peope that make posts as if they’re high and mighty - get over yourself.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:39 - Oct 27 with 2059 viewssparks

B0llocks.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:42 - Oct 27 with 2053 viewsMancBlue86

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:34 - Oct 27 by skyblue23

I am so bored of posts about a few things.

1) McCarthy - just get over it
2) People need to look at themselves- Marcus Evans has build a multimillion pound business and owns our football club, he might hear things from the fans but ultimately decisions fall down to him and only him.
3) Peope that make posts as if they’re high and mighty - get over yourself.

1) The McCarthy Posts are already there, it was relative to my point.
2) You’re only as strong as your support network. It was lose lose for him, dont listen and get abuse. Listen and it goes wrong, get abuse. This is not a normal ownership, you have to listen to fans.
3) You should look up that term you duckwit, high and mighty people never take responsibility, think you find thats what Im doing.

Oh and

4) If your bored, you know ow where the “delete account” button is
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 8:44]

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:43 - Oct 27 with 2045 viewsMancBlue86

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:39 - Oct 27 by sparks

B0llocks.

The reply of a person who cant admit they were wrong.

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:45 - Oct 27 with 2029 viewsBurwell_Blue

“Evans is a fool”

Is this multi millionaire Evans you are taking about?
Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:54 - Oct 27 with 1985 viewssparks

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:43 - Oct 27 by MancBlue86

The reply of a person who cant admit they were wrong.

If that were the case, I'd have made a long post trying and failing to justify.

Its actually the post of someone who feels the need to express just what b0llocks the OP was, but can't be arsed to expend anymore effort on something so self evident.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:59 - Oct 27 with 1959 viewsMancBlue86

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:54 - Oct 27 by sparks

If that were the case, I'd have made a long post trying and failing to justify.

Its actually the post of someone who feels the need to express just what b0llocks the OP was, but can't be arsed to expend anymore effort on something so self evident.

Then dont bother replying at all. Makes you just look like a bad loser who cant admit they were wrong. Just to clarify, you think you were right yea?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 9:01]

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:01 - Oct 27 with 1947 viewssparks

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 08:59 - Oct 27 by MancBlue86

Then dont bother replying at all. Makes you just look like a bad loser who cant admit they were wrong. Just to clarify, you think you were right yea?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 9:01]

Gmpf.

Login to get fewer ads

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:02 - Oct 27 with 1947 viewsRegencyBlue

Oh great, another ‘it’s all the fans fault’ thread.

No it isn’t!
Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:04 - Oct 27 with 1940 viewsCarlosValderrama

I too was one of the sensible fans that knew that McCarthy was the right fit for a club with no money to spend on players. He would have kept us in the championship year in year out with the occasional play off chance.
Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:04 - Oct 27 with 1943 viewsGuthrum

There's too much of this blaming going on. It is often overly simplistic and at best only partially accurate (many factors have contributed to our current situation, some outside the control of anyone associated with ITFC). It also serves no useful purpose.

In a time of crisis, it is vital to be looking forwards, at solutions and ways out. The time for reflection on causes (and, if you must, blame) is after we're out of the manure.

Note: I was a strong McCarthy supporter up to the point he terminally fell out with the fans (and it was not by any means all one way).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:08 - Oct 27 with 1921 viewsMancBlue86

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:02 - Oct 27 by RegencyBlue

No it isn’t!

Read the headline and then look up the word “all”

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:09 - Oct 27 with 1912 viewsMancBlue86

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:04 - Oct 27 by Guthrum

There's too much of this blaming going on. It is often overly simplistic and at best only partially accurate (many factors have contributed to our current situation, some outside the control of anyone associated with ITFC). It also serves no useful purpose.

In a time of crisis, it is vital to be looking forwards, at solutions and ways out. The time for reflection on causes (and, if you must, blame) is after we're out of the manure.

Note: I was a strong McCarthy supporter up to the point he terminally fell out with the fans (and it was not by any means all one way).

Until now I didnt say a word. This is my only post on the matter and its only come in response. I agree with you
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 9:11]

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:13 - Oct 27 with 1889 viewsCarlosValderrama

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:02 - Oct 27 by RegencyBlue

No it isn’t!

It mostly is
Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:15 - Oct 27 with 1879 viewsRegencyBlue

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:08 - Oct 27 by MancBlue86

Read the headline and then look up the word “all”

Get over yourself!

None of this is the fans fault in my opinion. If you believe for one minute that Evans listens to the fans about anything you are deluded. Evans does what works for him.
Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:18 - Oct 27 with 1866 viewsurbanblue

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:04 - Oct 27 by Guthrum

Are you happy with Lambert Guthers? I am ... Ideal for this situation we are in IMV. Has the experience but not a boring appointment as I would have seen Bruce, Pardew et al.
Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:20 - Oct 27 with 1852 viewsMancBlue86

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:15 - Oct 27 by RegencyBlue

Get over yourself!

None of this is the fans fault in my opinion. If you believe for one minute that Evans listens to the fans about anything you are deluded. Evans does what works for him.

And you are entitled to your opinion. Trust me he listened this time, theres no doubt about it. Cant even talk to a person like you mate, it’s absolutely pointless.

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:22 - Oct 27 with 1836 viewsHarry_Palmer

Most idiotic post for a while on here, well played Sir.
Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:32 - Oct 27 with 1782 viewsGuthrum

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:18 - Oct 27 by urbanblue

Are you happy with Lambert Guthers? I am ... Ideal for this situation we are in IMV. Has the experience but not a boring appointment as I would have seen Bruce, Pardew et al.

Yes, reasonably so. He has relevant experience, a decent set of achievements under his belt and stands a fighting chance of getting us out of this mess. He's also one who seems able to cope outside an environment of vast expenditure (a concern with the likes of Bruce).

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:32 - Oct 27 with 1779 viewsbluejacko

Oh dear where do they pop up from?
Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:36 - Oct 27 with 1759 viewsurbanblue

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:32 - Oct 27 by Guthrum

Yes, reasonably so. He has relevant experience, a decent set of achievements under his belt and stands a fighting chance of getting us out of this mess. He's also one who seems able to cope outside an environment of vast expenditure (a concern with the likes of Bruce).

I've always liked him. Was gutted when he went up the road all those years ago as thought he would be a good fit for us. Fingers crossed he can sort this all out. If he can't I don't think anyone can!
Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:47 - Oct 27 with 1715 viewsGuthrum

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 09:36 - Oct 27 by urbanblue

I've always liked him. Was gutted when he went up the road all those years ago as thought he would be a good fit for us. Fingers crossed he can sort this all out. If he can't I don't think anyone can!

I really wasn't sure who I thought might be good to replace Hurst, hadn't really considered Lambert.

Warburton sounded good, until somebody pointed out that he was working within a very strong framework at Brentford, making the manager a less crucial appointment (a bit like Watford). Otherwise, was scratching about a bit - and avoiding the likes of Pardew, Megson, Curbishley.

Blame Evans, You’re right to but WE are as much to blame on 10:01 - Oct 27 with 1675 viewsJ2BLUE

I posted this yesterday:

I wonder if the penny will drop for Evans now by J2BLUE 26 Oct 2018 12:52
There's plenty of legit criticism of Evans but I wouldn't blame him if he is really pissed off with the fans right now.

We (referring to the majority of the fan base):

Wanted MM out - we got it
Wanted a young up and coming manager - we got it
Wanted the rest of Shrewbury's staff including Doig - we got it
A change in recruitment, scour the lower leagues - we got it

Now, with hindsight, Evans is being presented as a complete idiot by many people. Too many people are being dishonest and pretending they were opposed at the time to the path we took. Even the reaction to the sales has been rewritten. Very few were that bothered Webster went and many were excited about the possibilities it would create for new signings. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone and there are some genuine criticisms such as changing too much, too soon but Evans was clearly trying to back his man; again something we've all been calling for.

If Evans now chooses to go back to the MM model I don't think anyone can complain. I really can't stand the attitude of many people. There's nothing wrong with being honest and saying we got this one wrong rather than claiming Evans is an idiot who went against us.

Not really aimed at you OP, just a convenient place to put it without starting a new thread.

The point you're making isn't really wrong but the tone you use means no one is going to take any notice. Why be so confrontational and aggressive?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024