Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert 16:53 - Oct 27 with 2450 viewsTerry_Nutkins

This is an impossible job. Seriously poor squad and no confidence to boot. It is not possible to turn this around unfortunately.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 16:54 - Oct 27 with 2434 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone said that when MM came in. It's amazing what can be done by being well drilled. We need to make it to January and add some experience and firepower.

Far from impossible.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 16:56 - Oct 27 with 2390 viewsgt81

On the flip side of the coin, the expectation is so low he can't really fail.

Try and lift the players, get some sort of momentum going and look to rebuild for League 1 and hope to bounce back quickly.
Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 16:59 - Oct 27 with 2324 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 16:54 - Oct 27 by J2BLUE

Everyone said that when MM came in. It's amazing what can be done by being well drilled. We need to make it to January and add some experience and firepower.

Far from impossible.

Well said mate.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 16:59 - Oct 27 with 2315 viewsfloridablue

Really makes me wonder what the bookies knew before the season started to make Town favourites for the drop!
Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 17:01 - Oct 27 with 2259 viewsBinner

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 16:59 - Oct 27 by floridablue

Really makes me wonder what the bookies knew before the season started to make Town favourites for the drop!

They probably noticed that we were buying a crock of sh!t.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 17:02 - Oct 27 with 2240 viewsjeera

He showed he wasn't up to it, regardless.

"2-0 up is a dangerous scoreline" or similar.

"It [team selection] is like a moving jigsaw, if you know what I mean".

Not entirely Paul, no.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 17:09 - Oct 27 with 2138 viewsBluesquid

Far from impossible.

Yeah, nowhere near down and we have a very good chance to survive with the right coaching and management but alot depends on the players inasmuch as being able to take constructive criticism when they make mistakes and as we all know they make a hell of a lot of them.

So it depends how they react and hopefully they won't sulk and instead react in a positive manner when pulled up by the manager and coaching staff and my comments are really aimed at the seniors to be honest.
Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 17:51 - Oct 27 with 1942 viewsCoastalblue

No way impossible, we need a system that makes us hard to beat and players knowing their part in it. We have players in this squad who will be succesful here.
What we are going to struggle with is scoring goals, we are probably going to have to grind for a while.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 17:54 - Oct 27 with 1918 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Far from impossible.

I know what you are saying and i'm normally very positive about our chances and the team but this is a woeful squad. It really is massively weaker then what Mick took on and i'm taking nothing away from what Mick managed to do. If by some miracle Huws and Bishop and later Adeyemi got back fit then there is something to work with. I'm not sure any of Hursts signings have added anything. Edwards cant get in the team now...he was the closest. I've gone along the lines of they need time/ can to develop etc but i'm losing any faith in that. I think for the most part they are average players unfortunately. I genuinely think Gleeson may have been better quality than Nolan for example. Seriously.

Impossible is maybe too far. But it would be a ridiculous achievement to keep us up this season. I think everyone would owe Lambert a huge debt if gratitude. I think he is the right man to have a go but i think the rot is in and when you add to that the fact this may well be the weakest or close to weakest squad in the division....

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 17:56 - Oct 27 with 1896 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 17:51 - Oct 27 by Coastalblue

No way impossible, we need a system that makes us hard to beat and players knowing their part in it. We have players in this squad who will be succesful here.
What we are going to struggle with is scoring goals, we are probably going to have to grind for a while.

We set up to be hard to beat. We have done for sometime. I've only just taken my head out of the sand. We are awful. Really sad to say it. I havent seen a worse champ team in some time. Sunderland last season were dreadful but they had some better players.

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 17:58 - Oct 27 with 1864 viewsCoastalblue

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 17:54 - Oct 27 by Terry_Nutkins

I know what you are saying and i'm normally very positive about our chances and the team but this is a woeful squad. It really is massively weaker then what Mick took on and i'm taking nothing away from what Mick managed to do. If by some miracle Huws and Bishop and later Adeyemi got back fit then there is something to work with. I'm not sure any of Hursts signings have added anything. Edwards cant get in the team now...he was the closest. I've gone along the lines of they need time/ can to develop etc but i'm losing any faith in that. I think for the most part they are average players unfortunately. I genuinely think Gleeson may have been better quality than Nolan for example. Seriously.

Impossible is maybe too far. But it would be a ridiculous achievement to keep us up this season. I think everyone would owe Lambert a huge debt if gratitude. I think he is the right man to have a go but i think the rot is in and when you add to that the fact this may well be the weakest or close to weakest squad in the division....

My own take on this, and I'm aware that the majority will probably disagree.

A lot of the players are or will be good enough, but not only have they been asked to step up, but also play a different formation, different tactics and different roles every week. Even established Championship players would have struggled with that.

I strongly believe that given a consistent formation and lineup a number of these players can and will step up.
What I can't see past is the lack of a goal scorer.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 17:59 - Oct 27 with 1853 viewsDarth_Koont

Far from impossible.

Agreed. There's so much more that we can get from these players, starting with the basics.

I'm under no illusions that we're in serious danger but this league is still about competitiveness, confidence and momentum more than raw player quality so I'd say it's probable that a well-organised side that manages the basics will stay up.

Pronouns: He/Him

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 18:04 - Oct 27 with 1807 viewstractorboy1978

Far from impossible.

I agree generally, however, none of the goals today (and a lot of the goals this season) came from anything other than sloppiness and being switched off. The players need to start taking the responsibility they keep saying they need to take. If we keep conceding goals like this we have no chance.
Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 19:21 - Oct 27 with 1602 viewsFramfarmer

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 18:04 - Oct 27 by tractorboy1978

I agree generally, however, none of the goals today (and a lot of the goals this season) came from anything other than sloppiness and being switched off. The players need to start taking the responsibility they keep saying they need to take. If we keep conceding goals like this we have no chance.

PL is probably our best manager for this division for all 18 of our seasons in it..... he did it with the budgies and he can do it here. He's already bringing in others from the successful bunch up the road, and we'll overtake them in the next season.
Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 19:27 - Oct 27 with 1571 viewsElephantintheRoom

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 16:59 - Oct 27 by floridablue

MM always leaves chaos and relegation in his wake. It’s not rocket science

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 19:41 - Oct 27 with 1515 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Actually feel a bit sorry for Lambert on 19:27 - Oct 27 by ElephantintheRoom

MM always leaves chaos and relegation in his wake. It’s not rocket science

You are SERIOUSLY blaming mick for this!! You honestly deep down believe thay drivel?!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024