Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting from Mills 17:13 - Oct 27 with 2977 viewsGuthrum

That this squad is no worse than what McCarthy had to work with.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting from Mills on 17:14 - Oct 27 with 2959 viewsportmanking

Meaningless platitude. We all know this squad is far, far weaker and incredibly lacking in experience/nous to even scrape and battle for points in this division.
Interesting from Mills on 17:15 - Oct 27 with 2948 viewsLankHenners

Mills is often very sensible and level-headed but he's wrong on this - we had an experienced striker capable of sticking the ball in the net for starters.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interesting from Mills on 17:15 - Oct 27 with 2930 viewsTractorWood

Nonsense.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Interesting from Mills on 17:18 - Oct 27 with 2854 viewsGuthrum

Interesting from Mills on 17:14 - Oct 27 by portmanking

Meaningless platitude. We all know this squad is far, far weaker and incredibly lacking in experience/nous to even scrape and battle for points in this division.

But we aren't lumbered with the ageing, uninterested journeymen we had too many of then. At least our players are young and trainable.

Interesting from Mills on 17:19 - Oct 27 with 2815 viewsportmanking

Interesting from Mills on 17:18 - Oct 27 by Guthrum

But we aren't lumbered with the ageing, uninterested journeymen we had too many of then. At least our players are young and trainable.

I would argue having "young and trainable" players that are naive are not really what you need to roll up your sleeves and dig in. A few i.e. Lankester will prove useful though.
Interesting from Mills on 17:23 - Oct 27 with 2736 viewscbower

He is qualifying that a bit now though. As he is saying, up front is awfully limited. This, imo, is down to Hurst's recruitment and Evans lack of oversight of the process.

bluescouser

Interesting from Mills on 17:24 - Oct 27 with 2702 viewsGuthrum

Interesting from Mills on 17:19 - Oct 27 by portmanking

I would argue having "young and trainable" players that are naive are not really what you need to roll up your sleeves and dig in. A few i.e. Lankester will prove useful though.

They aren't hampered by dodgy knees, retirement plans or gambling problems.

Drill can overcome lack of experience.

Interesting from Mills on 17:25 - Oct 27 with 2694 viewsHennikerBlu

That's a fair point, unfortunately I am not convinced all of the lower League boys are good enough, just as much talent in the Academy frankly, albeit out on loan.

Need a minimum of three good/proven Championship signings and a war chest. What I can't get my head round is after we go two down we just seem to fold, very little fight.
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting from Mills on 17:27 - Oct 27 with 2645 viewsCoastalblue

I think the one thing we lack to stop us comfortably climbing out of the bottom 3 is a goal scorer, unfortunately that's probably the hardest thing to put right.
Elsewhere we have enough to get by providing we have a clear system and gameplan.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Interesting from Mills on 17:29 - Oct 27 with 2611 viewshomer_123

Interesting, in that it's wrong.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Interesting from Mills on 17:33 - Oct 27 with 2522 viewsBlueBadger

And there seems to be more squad togetherness than there was under Jewell.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interesting from Mills on 17:35 - Oct 27 with 2481 viewsjas0999

Oh it is. We had DJ Campbell who could score goals.

This cutprrent squad has little in ways of cha,pionship experience. We have no goal threat. The defence is a joke. The midfield woeful.

Lambert would be a miracle worker if we get out of this.
Interesting from Mills on 17:41 - Oct 27 with 2415 viewshomer_123

That as maybe....the issue is - do we have time to train them in our current predicament.

One of the main issues under Hurst was the amount of change we have had. Asking these players to step up, so many of them - instead of asking two maybe to step up, we are asking 5 or 6.

The issue now, is that we have good youth and potential but nothing to knit it together in way of experience.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Interesting from Mills on 17:42 - Oct 27 with 2398 viewsmonty_radio

Interesting from Mills on 17:25 - Oct 27 by HennikerBlu

That's a fair point, unfortunately I am not convinced all of the lower League boys are good enough, just as much talent in the Academy frankly, albeit out on loan.

Need a minimum of three good/proven Championship signings and a war chest. What I can't get my head round is after we go two down we just seem to fold, very little fight.

Not sure about the cavalry emerging from the Academy on-loan lot. Nydam, Morris and Wolfenden didn't so much as leave the bench. Emmanuel played in a sound defeat.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Interesting from Mills on 18:06 - Oct 27 with 2208 viewsParisBlue

Interesting from Mills on 17:35 - Oct 27 by jas0999

Oh it is. We had DJ Campbell who could score goals.

This cutprrent squad has little in ways of cha,pionship experience. We have no goal threat. The defence is a joke. The midfield woeful.

Lambert would be a miracle worker if we get out of this.

Plus Cresswell, Murphy, Smith, Edwards all of him are better than what we currently have.

Even Chopra, JET, Martin, N'Daw, Henderson, Hyam

What a mess...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Interesting from Mills on 18:10 - Oct 27 with 2165 viewsReuser_is_God

He’s got that 100% wrong.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Interesting from Mills on 18:11 - Oct 27 with 2151 viewsHennikerBlu

Interesting from Mills on 17:42 - Oct 27 by monty_radio

Not sure about the cavalry emerging from the Academy on-loan lot. Nydam, Morris and Wolfenden didn't so much as leave the bench. Emmanuel played in a sound defeat.

Academy players are already coming in to the squad more, I have not looked at the on-loan players in terms of whether they are playing or not, but that is down to the club they are with and whether they want to develop their own talent over temps.

Emmanuel was Rotherham's young player of the year last year, so certainly League 1 level proven (they got promoted and beat PH's side) and we also had a sound defeat today. Not much demonstrates that what we have bought in is superior to what we had or have.

Certainly we need reinforcements and the academy is part of the solution. However, the league 1/2 boys have struggled to show anything superior in terms of their first team experience stepping up to Championship level, the odd flash granted, even Edwards who has been popular with the fans, has struggled to have impact, which you expect from a pace player coming on against tiring legs.

They are all our players now and so PL has to find a way of making this blend work and we desperately need to bring in proven experienced players at Champs' level to at least to try get out of this mess.
Interesting from Mills on 18:12 - Oct 27 with 2136 viewsBrixtonBlue

I thought he said points-wise we were worse.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interesting from Mills on 18:24 - Oct 27 with 2042 viewsHennikerBlu

Interesting from Mills on 18:06 - Oct 27 by ParisBlue

Plus Cresswell, Murphy, Smith, Edwards all of him are better than what we currently have.

Even Chopra, JET, Martin, N'Daw, Henderson, Hyam

What a mess...

When you call the roster you have to admit there were some pretty good names on the team sheet back then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024