Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hopefully that was 20:10 - Oct 27 with 951 viewsGuthrum

the Sheffield Wednesday moment.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hopefully that was on 20:14 - Oct 27 with 939 viewsbournemouthblue

Let's hope so

Lambert likes to play on the counter so hopefully he can tighten us up and utilise what pace we have to spring on the counter

I wonder if the likes of Rowe, Roberts and Kenlock may figure?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hopefully that was on 20:18 - Oct 27 with 905 viewsGuthrum

Hopefully that was on 20:14 - Oct 27 by bournemouthblue

Let's hope so

Lambert likes to play on the counter so hopefully he can tighten us up and utilise what pace we have to spring on the counter

We do need to tighten up the defence - and that's not just the back four or five. There needs to be more interception/disruption further up the pitch. Or just to lose the ball less often (which might require more men forward so every cross doesn't go astray).

Hopefully that was on 20:19 - Oct 27 with 893 viewsDarth_Koont

Hopefully that was on 20:14 - Oct 27 by bournemouthblue

Let's hope so

Arguably we've got no presence up top to do anything other than play on the counter. Because we need to play like Barcelona if we're going to take the game to the opposition.

But I'd be happy with the counter-attack. Whatever happens, we need to tighten up at the back and get teams to commit forwards if they're going to beat us.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hopefully that was on 20:22 - Oct 27 with 880 viewsbournemouthblue

Hopefully that was on 20:18 - Oct 27 by Guthrum

We do need to tighten up the defence - and that's not just the back four or five. There needs to be more interception/disruption further up the pitch. Or just to lose the ball less often (which might require more men forward so every cross doesn't go astray).

Agreed, you defend from the front.

For all Hurst's supposed hard work on the fitness and energy, we have seen precious little of that thus far

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hopefully that was on 20:31 - Oct 27 with 823 viewsEastTownBlue

Indeed. Hopefully next weekend will be the Birmingham moment. I don’t think that we can afford a Leicester or Crystal Palace moment anytime soon.
Hopefully that was on 20:35 - Oct 27 with 809 viewsGuthrum

Hopefully that was on 20:19 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

Arguably we've got no presence up top to do anything other than play on the counter. Because we need to play like Barcelona if we're going to take the game to the opposition.

But I'd be happy with the counter-attack. Whatever happens, we need to tighten up at the back and get teams to commit forwards if they're going to beat us.

Another thing we really, really need to work on is set pieces.

Corners have to be delivered in a manner which causes problems for the defence. We need to have men knowing where and how fast the ball is arriving, so they can be there to turn it in. Including people arriving late and at speed into the box. If the ball is cleared, get possession and put it back in again quick. Drill drill drill.

Free kicks cannot be a lob vaguely somewhere near the goal. If you're going to curl it in, get it on target. If you're going to pass it across, agree the routine beforehand and make sure the other bloke's positioned for a shot. Don't just bang it into the wall. Drill drill drill.

I know these techniques are not easy to master at a very high level, under match pressure, but these are professional footballers with all day to practice and plan, having a manager who is supposed to be an expert in devising these routines and coaching the players to carry them out effectively.

Hopefully that was on 20:37 - Oct 27 with 796 viewsGuthrum

Hopefully that was on 20:31 - Oct 27 by EastTownBlue

Indeed. Hopefully next weekend will be the Birmingham moment. I don’t think that we can afford a Leicester or Crystal Palace moment anytime soon.

They are inevitably going to happen over the next few games. It will take time to get things turned around.

I fully expect that, even if we do manage to stay up, Town will lose at least as many games as we win between now and the end of the season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024