Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So within 24 hours we have seen... 21:10 - Oct 27 with 3328 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

5 Palestinians shot dead at the weekly Gaza border protest....
Hamas rocket attacks on Israel.....
Israeli airstrikes on Gaza......
.....and now this Pittsburgh synagogue shooting with unknown total of dead.

Just thoroughly depressing all around I hope we can agree!
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 21:10]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 21:16 - Oct 27 with 3281 viewsGuthrum

I'm quite concerned at what might happen if this wave of Central American migrants reaches the US border and tries to cross.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 21:20 - Oct 27 with 3257 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wouldnt put the US attack in with the usual madness that happens around the gaza strip.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 22:20 - Oct 27 with 3192 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 21:20 - Oct 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wouldnt put the US attack in with the usual madness that happens around the gaza strip.

Looks like you would be absolutely correct in this instance.....sounds like he had grievances about them assisting refugees (so I also see why Guthrum added their point)!
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/27/us/robert-bowers-pittsburgh-synagogue-shooter
That'll teach me to make assumptions! Although it is all still thoroughly depressing.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 22:21]

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 22:41 - Oct 27 with 3138 viewsjeera

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 22:20 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Looks like you would be absolutely correct in this instance.....sounds like he had grievances about them assisting refugees (so I also see why Guthrum added their point)!
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/27/us/robert-bowers-pittsburgh-synagogue-shooter
That'll teach me to make assumptions! Although it is all still thoroughly depressing.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 22:21]

It's not necessarily irrelevant and the man is clearly anti-Jewish.

Either way innocent people have been murdered.

The response from Trump has been predictably unhelpful of course too.

Wtf is wrong is wrong with people? Some coward scum with a gun. Gave himself up too so he didn't want to die himself.

Dunno what to add about the Gaza situation here, so won't. The whole thing's a mess.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 22:43]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 22:43 - Oct 27 with 3145 viewsfloridablue

65 years on this earth, almost 50 in the UK and 15 here in America and still cannot understand why so many people/groups hate the jewish people. I don't recall ever having any fall outs/dislikes and the same with my friends ever saying a bad word against jewish folk. Perhaps because I wouldn't know one!
So within 24 hours we have seen... on 22:45 - Oct 27 with 3125 viewsjeera

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 22:43 - Oct 27 by floridablue

65 years on this earth, almost 50 in the UK and 15 here in America and still cannot understand why so many people/groups hate the jewish people. I don't recall ever having any fall outs/dislikes and the same with my friends ever saying a bad word against jewish folk. Perhaps because I wouldn't know one!

Or indeed anyone according to their creed, colour, religion, whomever...
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 23:26]

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 22:51 - Oct 27 with 3099 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well indeed, why would anyone hate anybody based on their group identity rather than as the result of their individual actions and behaviour?
I have more often than not received kindness from strangers rather than hatred around various parts of the world and try to reciprocate wherever possible.

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 22:51 - Oct 27 with 3098 viewsfloridablue

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 22:45 - Oct 27 by jeera

Or indeed anyone according to their creed, colour, religion, whomever...
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 23:26]

err, this poster started out discussing the dislike for jewish folk, thats why I responded!
Login to get fewer ads

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 23:11 - Oct 27 with 3047 viewsGuthrum

A lot of it goes right back to the Middle Ages, deeply ingrained in European culture (and thus carried across the the States).

A combination of fear of "otherness" combined with powerful people whipping up murderous riots to get rid of their creditors (Christians were not supposed to lend for interest, so Jewish businessmen became the bankers). Layered on top of that was a popular belief (not supported by mainstream theology) that the Jews had murdered Jesus. An especially pernicious strand was the "Blood Libel", which suggested that Jews kidnapped and sacrificed Christian children as part of their religious practices.

In later centuries there was the idea that Jewish bankers were running the world to the detriment of the rest of the populace, encapsulated in the notorious Protocols of the Elders of Zion - actually a Russian secret police forgery, but purporting to open the lid on this "conspiracy". Henry Ford was an early proponent of this document. The fact that many leading early Communists were Jewish helped turn a lot of right-wingers on to this path.

Finally, there is a whole group who deeply admire the Nazis, as a populist movement, for their racial supremacy ideas, or even just as strong figures or through latent German nationalism. And a liking for uniforms and jackboots (some of which may be frustrated militarism).

None of it is reasonable, rational, theologically or historically accurate. But these aren't the kind of people to worry about that, just looking for others to blame for their own failures and inadequacies.

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 23:25 - Oct 27 with 2999 viewsjeera

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 22:51 - Oct 27 by floridablue

err, this poster started out discussing the dislike for jewish folk, thats why I responded!

Yes, and I am agreeing with you.

No problem here fella.

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 23:46 - Oct 27 with 2941 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 23:11 - Oct 27 by Guthrum

A lot of it goes right back to the Middle Ages, deeply ingrained in European culture (and thus carried across the the States).

A combination of fear of "otherness" combined with powerful people whipping up murderous riots to get rid of their creditors (Christians were not supposed to lend for interest, so Jewish businessmen became the bankers). Layered on top of that was a popular belief (not supported by mainstream theology) that the Jews had murdered Jesus. An especially pernicious strand was the "Blood Libel", which suggested that Jews kidnapped and sacrificed Christian children as part of their religious practices.

In later centuries there was the idea that Jewish bankers were running the world to the detriment of the rest of the populace, encapsulated in the notorious Protocols of the Elders of Zion - actually a Russian secret police forgery, but purporting to open the lid on this "conspiracy". Henry Ford was an early proponent of this document. The fact that many leading early Communists were Jewish helped turn a lot of right-wingers on to this path.

Finally, there is a whole group who deeply admire the Nazis, as a populist movement, for their racial supremacy ideas, or even just as strong figures or through latent German nationalism. And a liking for uniforms and jackboots (some of which may be frustrated militarism).

None of it is reasonable, rational, theologically or historically accurate. But these aren't the kind of people to worry about that, just looking for others to blame for their own failures and inadequacies.

Interesting stuff as ever particularly the debt inspired rabble rousing! What was the motive for the protocols forgery?

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 00:09 - Oct 28 with 2905 viewsGuthrum

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 23:46 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Interesting stuff as ever particularly the debt inspired rabble rousing! What was the motive for the protocols forgery?

Tsarist Russia had a very large Jewish population (for various historical reasons, including the partition of Poland and the lot who converted to Judaism because there were aggressive Muslims on one side of their land and aggressive Christians on the other) and a big streak of anti-semitism. Anti-Jewish riots and massacres - pogroms - were common right up to the 19th century. Eventually, the Jewish population were forced to live in a strip along Russia's western border, known as the Pale.

Partly because they were a persecuted underclass, Jews were often attracted to the revolutionary movements which sprang up in opposition to Tsarist government. In return, the Okrana (secret police), reinforced by existing prejudices, saw the Jews as a subversive element in their own right. Thus they ignored, or even tacitly encouraged, further pogroms and did everything possible to discredit Jews. Including, it seems, producing the Protocols, which first appeared during a virulent period of anti-Jewish feeling just after the start of the 20th century.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 0:14]

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 00:12 - Oct 28 with 2895 viewsGuthrum

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 23:46 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

That was actually the reason King Edward I expelled the Jews from England. Not because he hated them, but to prevent further acts of violence (also to steal their goods and money).

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 08:50 - Oct 28 with 2740 viewsGlasgowBlue

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 23:11 - Oct 27 by Guthrum

As I’ve posted on many occasions, Jew hatred is as wide spread now as it ever was. In fact the internet has made it worse. I see many examples of people stoking the fire of Jew hatred on a daily basis. But what starts on the internet doesn’t end on the internet. The tragedy at Pittsburgh shows that.

Jew hatred manifests in many ways. The most obvious is when legitimate criticism of Israel spills into antisemitic rhetoric. That there is a Jewish lobby controlling the politicians, media and banking system (exactly what was in the Protocols of the the elders of Zion and the same crap that was in a series of tweets shared by Elder Grizzly and myself last week). That’s Jews were in some way responsible for the Second World War and brought the holocaust on themselves. That Jews, who have been persecuted for more than a millennia. don’t have the right for a homeland as a safe refuge. That Jews are more loyal to Israel than the country they live in. That Israel was behind 9/11 and all Jewish employees were warned not to turn up for work that day. That “Zionist” (the belief in a Jewish homeland as a safe haven) is a dirty word and is interchanged with the word “Jew” so casually as a way of delegitimizing somebody’s complaint of antisemistsm, as if it was their own fault and they were bringing it on themselves. The Soros and Rothschild tropes and conspiracies. That Israel/Zionists are the new Nazis.

This sh1t is casually posted on the internet every single second of every single day. By the far right and the far left. Even last night, just a few hours after the awful events in Pittsburgh, some British politicians were trying to turn the blame on Israel.

Antisemitic attacks are on the increase each year. Because of this we live in a country where every British Jewish school and Synagogue have guards posted outside of them. Incredibly there are people involved in British politics who have been calling them a "private Zionist security company" and saying that this is done to "generate an atmosphere of insecurity" because "Zionists" wanted to "exploit and generate the fear of antisemitism".

After yesterday’s tragic events I hope people who believe any of the above conspiracy theories and tropes will please have a change of mind and start to challenge others who may post them on all forms of social media.

R.I.P. to those people murdered in Pittsburgh.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 9:18]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 09:41 - Oct 28 with 2695 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 08:50 - Oct 28 by GlasgowBlue

As I’ve posted on many occasions, Jew hatred is as wide spread now as it ever was. In fact the internet has made it worse. I see many examples of people stoking the fire of Jew hatred on a daily basis. But what starts on the internet doesn’t end on the internet. The tragedy at Pittsburgh shows that.

Jew hatred manifests in many ways. The most obvious is when legitimate criticism of Israel spills into antisemitic rhetoric. That there is a Jewish lobby controlling the politicians, media and banking system (exactly what was in the Protocols of the the elders of Zion and the same crap that was in a series of tweets shared by Elder Grizzly and myself last week). That’s Jews were in some way responsible for the Second World War and brought the holocaust on themselves. That Jews, who have been persecuted for more than a millennia. don’t have the right for a homeland as a safe refuge. That Jews are more loyal to Israel than the country they live in. That Israel was behind 9/11 and all Jewish employees were warned not to turn up for work that day. That “Zionist” (the belief in a Jewish homeland as a safe haven) is a dirty word and is interchanged with the word “Jew” so casually as a way of delegitimizing somebody’s complaint of antisemistsm, as if it was their own fault and they were bringing it on themselves. The Soros and Rothschild tropes and conspiracies. That Israel/Zionists are the new Nazis.

This sh1t is casually posted on the internet every single second of every single day. By the far right and the far left. Even last night, just a few hours after the awful events in Pittsburgh, some British politicians were trying to turn the blame on Israel.

Antisemitic attacks are on the increase each year. Because of this we live in a country where every British Jewish school and Synagogue have guards posted outside of them. Incredibly there are people involved in British politics who have been calling them a "private Zionist security company" and saying that this is done to "generate an atmosphere of insecurity" because "Zionists" wanted to "exploit and generate the fear of antisemitism".

After yesterday’s tragic events I hope people who believe any of the above conspiracy theories and tropes will please have a change of mind and start to challenge others who may post them on all forms of social media.

I think there have only been nuances separating us on this issue GB and now is not the time to revisit them. All I will say is that it must be possible and allowable to call out the actions of an individual who happens to be Jewish (or any grouping) without them hiding behind their group identity(and associated tropes) to shield themselves from those words or actions. Similarly their Jewishness (or other group identity ) should not be used as the basis of the criticism of them.
Hopefully that makes sense. I am not going to use specific examples (hypothetical or otherwise)as I do not want to provoke a needless virtual spat.

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 09:48 - Oct 28 with 2677 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 00:09 - Oct 28 by Guthrum

Tsarist Russia had a very large Jewish population (for various historical reasons, including the partition of Poland and the lot who converted to Judaism because there were aggressive Muslims on one side of their land and aggressive Christians on the other) and a big streak of anti-semitism. Anti-Jewish riots and massacres - pogroms - were common right up to the 19th century. Eventually, the Jewish population were forced to live in a strip along Russia's western border, known as the Pale.

Partly because they were a persecuted underclass, Jews were often attracted to the revolutionary movements which sprang up in opposition to Tsarist government. In return, the Okrana (secret police), reinforced by existing prejudices, saw the Jews as a subversive element in their own right. Thus they ignored, or even tacitly encouraged, further pogroms and did everything possible to discredit Jews. Including, it seems, producing the Protocols, which first appeared during a virulent period of anti-Jewish feeling just after the start of the 20th century.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 0:14]

I read the Wikki "Elders....." entry last night which is very interesting.........some people seem to have changed their religion at an amazing rate (Brafman and Millingen) and what about that Henry Ford !
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 10:10 - Oct 28 with 2645 viewsDarth_Koont

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 08:50 - Oct 28 by GlasgowBlue

For my part, people who want to editorialise and insinuate antisemitism as in those tweets and then conflate it with horrific and murderous antisemitism need a change of mind. And probably some moral and intellectual standards.

Pronouns: He/Him

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 10:29 - Oct 28 with 2602 viewsGlasgowBlue

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 10:10 - Oct 28 by Darth_Koont

For my part, people who want to editorialise and insinuate antisemitism as in those tweets and then conflate it with horrific and murderous antisemitism need a change of mind. And probably some moral and intellectual standards.

You couldn't see antisemitism in tweets that suggested a worldwide Jewish Lobby that controls politics, banking and the media whilst also suggesting that Jews forced Hitler into a war he didn't want and are now doing the same to Trump?

These are the same style of tweets shared by Robert Bowers, the man who murdered eleven people at a Synagogue yesterday. The same style of tweet that I have linked on here for some time and that most have agreed are antisemitic except for you.

A shame you couldn't show the same class as Banksy has in his earlier post. I have no wish to engage in another argument with you on the subject whilst the bodies of those murdered are still warm.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 10:30 - Oct 28 with 2591 viewsDarth_Koont

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 10:29 - Oct 28 by GlasgowBlue

You couldn't see antisemitism in tweets that suggested a worldwide Jewish Lobby that controls politics, banking and the media whilst also suggesting that Jews forced Hitler into a war he didn't want and are now doing the same to Trump?

These are the same style of tweets shared by Robert Bowers, the man who murdered eleven people at a Synagogue yesterday. The same style of tweet that I have linked on here for some time and that most have agreed are antisemitic except for you.

A shame you couldn't show the same class as Banksy has in his earlier post. I have no wish to engage in another argument with you on the subject whilst the bodies of those murdered are still warm.

Wow!

Pronouns: He/Him

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 11:20 - Oct 28 with 2533 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 10:30 - Oct 28 by Darth_Koont

Wow!

Do you still have me on ignore? Obviously no reply will be an answer in itself!

So within 24 hours we have seen... on 14:47 - Oct 28 with 2433 viewsChe

How any israli citizens killed by Hamas Rockets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024