Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am going to lots of down votes but.... 07:33 - Oct 28 with 1853 viewsWickwar_Blue

First Town game for about 5 years yesterday. Whilst the stuff on the pitch was as horrendous as I’d feared I was more shocked by what I heard in the stands.

Why were a large number of our support incapable of constructing a sentence without littering it with f words and c bombs?

A chap sat behind me, after giving a lengthy diagnosis of our shortcomings finished off with “and they’re all f*****g c”

Maybe I have grown used to the more genteel surroundings of my local team Forest Green but it did take me by surprise. You wouldn’t take a kid with you to hear that.

Anyway - up the Town
I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 07:37 - Oct 28 with 1784 viewspennyfathersleg

Have an uppie to start you off!
I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 07:41 - Oct 28 with 1739 viewsBurwell_Blue

Away matches do tend to attractive more divs, that is true.
I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:05 - Oct 28 with 1608 viewsTownly

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 07:41 - Oct 28 by Burwell_Blue

Having been expelled from finishing school they need something to do with their week-ends.
I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:22 - Oct 28 with 1512 viewsBenters2

Oh good another thread moaning about our own supporters.
I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:31 - Oct 28 with 1494 viewsSuperfrans

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 07:41 - Oct 28 by Burwell_Blue

London matches too, it seems.

Some guy sidled up to me yesterday and said, “this is terrible, the worst Ipswich team in my lifetime”, just after a passage of play when we were starting to play in the midfield (driven by Downes and Dozzell mostly). I felt like saying, “Yes, and...? We’re bottom of the table and have just sacked our manager. What were you expecting? Total football.”

A lot of football fans at our level are extremely entitled - the “I pay money I’m here to be entertained” brigade. If you’re a supporter, support - especially in a game like yesterday, after the ex manager, before the new one, a caretaker game.

Many also consider themselves as football managers in waiting, but never seem to show the critical faculties (or inclination) to identify a problem and then consider solutions, which is precisely what Lambert will be doing now.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 8:35]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:35 - Oct 28 with 1448 viewsWickwar_Blue

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:22 - Oct 28 by Benters2

Oh good another thread moaning about our own supporters.

Well I could also moan about what was on the pitch but that seems well covered elsewhere.

I’m going to Wembley today to watch the NFL. I doubt I will hear a single ‘f’ or ‘c’. People will be drinking whilst watching too. Just found it remarkable yesterday how some people couldn’t construct a single sentence without multiple swear words.

Maybe I’m getting old.
I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:40 - Oct 28 with 1405 viewsbluelagos

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:35 - Oct 28 by Wickwar_Blue

Well I could also moan about what was on the pitch but that seems well covered elsewhere.

I’m going to Wembley today to watch the NFL. I doubt I will hear a single ‘f’ or ‘c’. People will be drinking whilst watching too. Just found it remarkable yesterday how some people couldn’t construct a single sentence without multiple swear words.

Maybe I’m getting old.

Are you the guy who spoke to me coming out of the ground about Helsinbourgs?

Hope you stayed in London given the Greater Anglia trains balls up getting home :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:41 - Oct 28 with 1394 viewsHerbivore

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:31 - Oct 28 by Superfrans

London matches too, it seems.

Some guy sidled up to me yesterday and said, “this is terrible, the worst Ipswich team in my lifetime”, just after a passage of play when we were starting to play in the midfield (driven by Downes and Dozzell mostly). I felt like saying, “Yes, and...? We’re bottom of the table and have just sacked our manager. What were you expecting? Total football.”

A lot of football fans at our level are extremely entitled - the “I pay money I’m here to be entertained” brigade. If you’re a supporter, support - especially in a game like yesterday, after the ex manager, before the new one, a caretaker game.

Many also consider themselves as football managers in waiting, but never seem to show the critical faculties (or inclination) to identify a problem and then consider solutions, which is precisely what Lambert will be doing now.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 8:35]

London away days always bring out the numbskulls, sadly. That said I do tend to swear a fair bit at the footy myself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:54 - Oct 28 with 1318 viewsWickwar_Blue

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:40 - Oct 28 by bluelagos

Are you the guy who spoke to me coming out of the ground about Helsinbourgs?

Hope you stayed in London given the Greater Anglia trains balls up getting home :-)

Yes that was me!

Funny to see a message board legend in the flesh after a gap of c17 years!

Stayed in London and had pub crawl. Much more fun than the football sadly.
I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 09:00 - Oct 28 with 1275 viewstextbackup

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:35 - Oct 28 by Wickwar_Blue

Maybe I’m getting old.

Comparing the fans at the NFL and an ITFC London away game is where you’ve gone wrong

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 09:01 - Oct 28 with 1271 viewsbluelagos

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:54 - Oct 28 by Wickwar_Blue

Yes that was me!

Funny to see a message board legend in the flesh after a gap of c17 years!

Stayed in London and had pub crawl. Much more fun than the football sadly.

Legend is pushing it a bit but that journey takes some beating...

Lift to Lagso airport, flight to Heathrow, car hire to stansted, flight to Malmo, bus to Copenhagen, train to Helsingor, ferry to Helsinbourgs, walk to stadium.

Twtd

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 09:09 - Oct 28 with 1211 viewsBenters2

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 08:41 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

London away days always bring out the numbskulls, sadly. That said I do tend to swear a fair bit at the footy myself.

At the moment watching town is bad enough to make a Saint swear.
I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 09:29 - Oct 28 with 1118 viewsHerbivore

I am going to lots of down votes but.... on 09:09 - Oct 28 by Benters2

At the moment watching town is bad enough to make a Saint swear.

It's pretty terrible buh. I'm away next weekend though so won't see us play again until the West Brom game on the 23rd of November, hopefully by then Lambert will have improved things a bit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024