Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five of Lambert's first eight games are at home 18:55 - Oct 29 with 1696 viewsSomethingBlue

It's a little run that takes us up to Christmas and the halfway point of the season. It's a good opportunity, too, to get some points on the board and make sure we are competitive going into January. A couple of wins and a draw from those would make a huge difference to us — it's not impossible but the Preston match this weekend is absolutely critical, no two ways about it. If Lambert can get a bounce out of us quickly then in the long run you'd expect us to be ok; home games are definitely the place to start so let's hope he can get us churning results out there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Five of Lambert's first eight games are at home on 19:08 - Oct 29 with 1624 viewsChocorange

I like your optimism but I am not feeling it myself.

Having been to all bar one game, we have got progressively worse and the gap between us and the rest widens. We have been abysma in the last 3 games, hardly a shot, leaking goals ,a midfield that creates nothing.

We have 2 wins at home in the whole of 2018. Where are we going to get two more from?

I do hope and pray PL can turn this ship around before its run aground.

Good luck Paul.
Five of Lambert's first eight games are at home on 19:10 - Oct 29 with 1616 viewsSomethingBlue

Five of Lambert's first eight games are at home on 19:08 - Oct 29 by Chocorange

I like your optimism but I am not feeling it myself.

Having been to all bar one game, we have got progressively worse and the gap between us and the rest widens. We have been abysma in the last 3 games, hardly a shot, leaking goals ,a midfield that creates nothing.

We have 2 wins at home in the whole of 2018. Where are we going to get two more from?

I do hope and pray PL can turn this ship around before its run aground.

Good luck Paul.

We look terrible and the pronounced drop-off over the last few games is a huge concern. I have a lot of faith in Lambert though and think he should improve us quite quickly. Whether that's sufficient, with these players, to actually win enough games is a very fair question.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Five of Lambert's first eight games are at home on 19:21 - Oct 29 with 1559 viewsdavblue

I think its going to be a step too far for this group. We need a bounce or we will be dead and buried.
Five of Lambert's first eight games are at home on 22:21 - Oct 29 with 1328 viewsGuthrum

Away games, however, might be the situations where the opposition get over-confident and careless, giving a revived team the chance to punish them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Five of Lambert's first eight games are at home on 22:29 - Oct 29 with 1302 viewsbackwaywhen

Some tough home games in that 5 ...Preston apart .
Five of Lambert's first eight games are at home on 22:40 - Oct 29 with 1268 viewsJakeITFC

I struggle to see how we can win games of football before January.

Obviously stopping the rot at set pieces is the obvious starting point, but I’m not sure we’ve got enough quality elsewhere to win battles on the pitch.

The lack of strikers is the real killer blow. It probably sounds overly dramatic to say, but Walters getting injured v Bolton may well have been the nail in the relegation coffin.
Five of Lambert's first eight games are at home on 22:52 - Oct 29 with 1236 viewsSuperfrans

We’re good mg to need more than a couple of wins and a draw from the next 8 games. We probably need that from the next 4 games, starting with a win from at least 1 of the next 2.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Five of Lambert's first eight games are at home on 23:05 - Oct 29 with 1216 viewsTrequartista

The problem is that he has the same awful squad to pick from. They have no idea how to pass the ball or create chances. At least Paul Jewell left DJ Campbell as a parting gift for McCarthy when he took over.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024