Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? 09:25 - Oct 30 with 3612 viewsunstableblue

Sounds a bit dramatic I know, but the FACTS are he has lied or told falsehoods 3,800 times since inauguration ( http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/)

And yet like the classic junta he claims it is the media who is lying:

“There is great anger in our Country caused in part by inaccurate, and even fraudulent, reporting of the news. The Fake News Media, the true Enemy of the People, must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly. That will do much to put out the flame...” Trump, Twitter

But the media haven’t lied; yes they are a little partisan in their reporting - but there are no falsehoods.

And yet he has insighted a hatred of the media and any who oppose him... to the point where letter bombs are sent from an unhinged supporter, just check out the hatred towatds CNN insighted here and indeed the actual bomber himself at a Trump rally:

The other tactic of a autocrat is to demonise a group and to stoke fear in the electorate. Trump has used this tactic many times. He’ll white wash mass shootings as they don’t suit his agenda. But immigrants are fair game and perfect for his electoral strategy. The Central American caravan is perfect he is demonising at will - “100 ISIS fighters” which reporters on the ground state is a lie. And yet his regime mouthpiece Fox News repeat the claim. He then sends 1000s of troops to stoke fear, despite the caravan being months away and Mexico potentially offering sanctuary.

Now what if he does well in the mid terms - does that mean the American people are buying into this? As the economy falters (the go to argument for Trump apologisers) from momentum built under Obama how extreme will Trumps methods be, and how many will he have ‘radicalised’, how deep will the divisions in America be?!?

Rant over! (This is inspired by helping my son with his history homework and the Nazi party methods)

Knudsen is still not good enough also.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 09:29 - Oct 30 with 2949 viewsStokieBlue

It's clearly neither of those things and the language is unhelpful when trying to deal with the actual legitimate and rather large issues in the US.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 09:33 - Oct 30 with 2948 viewsfactual_blue

It's a bit of both.

Mainly it's just an embarrassment to Western values and tradition. If this is the country that is meant to be the leader of the free world, then heaven help the free world.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 09:43 - Oct 30 with 2919 viewsGuthrum

It's actually a fairly ordinary place where most people are trying to get on with their lives as best they can. They largely ignore or shrug their shoulders at the wackiness unless they're active Trump supporters or opponents (much the same as political activists being a minority in the UK). Some who supported him at first think he's gone off the rails, but the economy is still doing better than it was.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 10:39 - Oct 30 with 2858 viewsjjblue84

When will his stupid opponents learn that this mudslinging just makes him more popular!!
Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 10:42 - Oct 30 with 2851 viewsNo9

Doesn't fake news = Fox news?

A divided country that Trump wishes to exploit
UK going the same way
Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 10:45 - Oct 30 with 2847 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 10:39 - Oct 30 by jjblue84

When will his stupid opponents learn that this mudslinging just makes him more popular!!

Beto O'Rourke to be the next Democratic presidential candidate and to win in 2020 is my rather optimistic guesstimate of what will happen
Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 11:51 - Oct 30 with 2789 viewsIllinoisblue

The scary thing is a LOT of people buy into his blatant lies and scaremongering. History will not judge us well, letting this disgusting human do so much damage. Anyway, enough about Hurst...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 11:58 - Oct 30 with 2782 viewsjjblue84

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 10:45 - Oct 30 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Beto O'Rourke to be the next Democratic presidential candidate and to win in 2020 is my rather optimistic guesstimate of what will happen

Silly to be optimistic!
Login to get fewer ads

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:20 - Oct 30 with 2728 viewsOldsmoker

What's Trumps end-game?
I mean, what is he trying to achieve.
It's all leading to something but what?
It appears to me - and this is a guess - that he wants a whites-only USA.
Any minority groups are to be made to feel unwelcome and then try to make them leave the country either voluntarily or by force. Just recently he has announced that he intends to overturn a part of the constitution that says a person born in the USA is automatically a US citizen. If they're born to immigrants then he says this citizenship should be revoked. This is certainly one more step towards a whites-only USA.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:25 - Oct 30 with 2715 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:20 - Oct 30 by Oldsmoker

What's Trumps end-game?
Any minority groups are to be made to feel unwelcome and then try to make them leave the country either voluntarily or by force. Just recently he has announced that he intends to overturn a part of the constitution that says a person born in the USA is automatically a US citizen. If they're born to immigrants then he says this citizenship should be revoked. This is certainly one more step towards a whites-only USA.

Trumps a bit of a pr@t and certainly seems to have some extremist followers, but it does make me chuckle how OTT go with things as if he's worse than Stalin. Get some perspective!!
Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:28 - Oct 30 with 2709 viewsronnyd

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:20 - Oct 30 by Oldsmoker

What's Trumps end-game?

Surely the USA was built on immigration and if it had been stifled at first the Potus would be a descendant of Sitting Bull.
Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:31 - Oct 30 with 2689 viewsDarth_Koont

Lowest-common-denominator politics as a strategy not just a tactic.

In other words, he's a demagogue. In this information age, most sensible people probably thought that was impossible. But his support comes predominantly from people who don't like objective and factual information because it either makes their heads hurt, their bank balances suffer or their Gods angry.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:33 - Oct 30 with 2705 viewschicoazul

Honestly who cares. Loads of wetwipes thought the entire world was going to crash down after his first couple of weeks. He is just a soft NYC liberal.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 13:34]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:37 - Oct 30 with 2688 viewsElderGrizzly

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:31 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

Lowest-common-denominator politics as a strategy not just a tactic.

In other words, he's a demagogue. In this information age, most sensible people probably thought that was impossible. But his support comes predominantly from people who don't like objective and factual information because it either makes their heads hurt, their bank balances suffer or their Gods angry.

Plus using the military for personal/political gain

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:55 - Oct 30 with 2662 viewsOldsmoker

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:28 - Oct 30 by ronnyd

Surely the USA was built on immigration and if it had been stifled at first the Potus would be a descendant of Sitting Bull.

Undeniable fact that all 99% of US citizens are immigrants or are the decendants of immigrants.
He tried to ban muslims from specific countries in his first few months.
His wall is designed to stop immigrants crossing the US-Mexico border.
ICE is actively seeking out immigrants with criminal records or no paper work and deporting them.
Most immigrants from Mexico are now placed in compounds to wait for permission to enter the states and initially the children were seperated from their parents.
He's called sanctuary cities "all whats wrong with America" but has failed to override their status as it's a state law not Federal.
He has revoked the "Dreamers" law.
He wants to overturn the part of the constitution that says born in the states automatically makes you a US citizen.
He has done NOTHING to stop immigration for European whites.
There is definitely a pattern to all this.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 13:59]

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:56 - Oct 30 with 2658 viewsbrazil1982

What's Trumps end-game?

You could apply the final few lines to Switzerland too.

Why do you think Trump employs people of ethnic minority? Is it because he is racist?
Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:56 - Oct 30 with 2658 viewswkj

Maybe he is a fascist banana

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 14:01 - Oct 30 with 2653 viewsOldsmoker

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:56 - Oct 30 by wkj

Maybe he is a fascist banana

Like the new Avatar.

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:18 - Oct 30 with 2594 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/30/trump-birthright-citizenship-exe

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:25 - Oct 30 with 2582 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:18 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/30/trump-birthright-citizenship-exe

SB

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:41 - Oct 30 with 2567 viewschicoazul

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:25 - Oct 30 by GlasgowBlue

It is of course, largely because many normal people have been marginalised and ignored by the political elite for the last 20 years, told they are worthless racist stupid and xenophobic, and are sick of what they see happening to their countries. This leaves a vacuum for far right and far left authoritarians to occupy with simplistic rhetorical solutions to complex problems. Look at the recent German situation, a country we are often told on here and elsewhere is a paragon of good governance and sensibility.

This is what happens when normal people are ignored. And the media class in this country cannot get their heads around it because the Oxbridge Edinburgh LSE privately educated highly privileged Rusbridger PPE violin playing elite who hold those positions simply cannot relate to Dave from Hull.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:49 - Oct 30 with 2552 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:41 - Oct 30 by chicoazul

It is of course, largely because many normal people have been marginalised and ignored by the political elite for the last 20 years, told they are worthless racist stupid and xenophobic, and are sick of what they see happening to their countries. This leaves a vacuum for far right and far left authoritarians to occupy with simplistic rhetorical solutions to complex problems. Look at the recent German situation, a country we are often told on here and elsewhere is a paragon of good governance and sensibility.

This is what happens when normal people are ignored. And the media class in this country cannot get their heads around it because the Oxbridge Edinburgh LSE privately educated highly privileged Rusbridger PPE violin playing elite who hold those positions simply cannot relate to Dave from Hull.

True. There was some bloke on twitter the other day, a member of the chattering class, who stated that on the eve of Brexit he is going to put on a DVD of the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony and wonder to himself "How did we go from this to Brexit in just six years"?

As most people pointed out to him, the ceremony was a fantasy of how the metropolitan elite see our country. It meant nothing to the millions of disenfranchised people in cities like Newcastle and Sunderland who feel completely detached from what was on view that evening.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:51 - Oct 30 with 2550 viewschicoazul

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:49 - Oct 30 by GlasgowBlue

True. There was some bloke on twitter the other day, a member of the chattering class, who stated that on the eve of Brexit he is going to put on a DVD of the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony and wonder to himself "How did we go from this to Brexit in just six years"?

As most people pointed out to him, the ceremony was a fantasy of how the metropolitan elite see our country. It meant nothing to the millions of disenfranchised people in cities like Newcastle and Sunderland who feel completely detached from what was on view that evening.

Ha! What a bell. Bet he's one of those guys who goes on long twitter rants at Trump too.

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:58 - Oct 30 with 2540 viewsJ2BLUE

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:41 - Oct 30 by chicoazul

Spot on. We can point this out over and over but they will never accept it.

Watch the mid terms. Trump has more support than people think. The whole Democrat narrative is just calling Trump's supporters idiots. Did anyone see Last Week Tonight with one of the AG candidates? Said something like vote for me because i'm less likely to show you my penis because I don't have one. What the hell?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 17:07 - Oct 30 with 2526 viewsunstableblue

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:18 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

SB

There you go Stokie... Trump falsehood of the day

A common Trump approach claiming the US are the only country who display a certain behaviour or law or deal.

Fox will report that the US are the only country who allow birthright citizenship... and his base will woop

He can say just about what he wants

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024