Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential January targets 08:48 - Oct 31 with 4012 viewsJohnny_Boy

If the January £10m kitty is to be believed, I'd assume/guess Lambert needs to strengthen 3 areas/bring in 3 players.

FWD / CAM / CB

If his thoughts are our short-term survival in this division, then Prem loanee's - unable to break into their respective 1st team squads - could be a viable option.

Squad size of the respected clubs will obviously dictate anyone going out on loan. A look at recent Caribo Cup squads could be a clue.

Bournemouth seem to be doing well in the Prem, with them naming a sufficiently different Cup selection the other night in their win against Nodge.

Mark Hughes seems to be getting pelters @ Southampton for continually not playing some key players for them in the past. Again, another big squad. Those players are desperate for some first team football.

I've only been bothered to name 2 clubs. I don't think Cardiff or Hudds have a big enough squad to allow anyone to leave.
Potential January targets on 09:25 - Oct 31 with 3552 viewsGuthrum

I really don't think the £10m kitty is to be believed. Especially after Lambert's reaction to the suggestion yesterday.

I agree that we do definitely need another forward, but am holding off on other positions until we've seen what Lambert finds in the current squad. If anything, a left-sided winger might be a higher priority than the centre-mid or the defence.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Potential January targets on 09:28 - Oct 31 with 3531 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

2 centre forwards. Send back Graham, Eden and Walters. Sort of the Donacien situation. Daryl Murphy on loan. Chris Martin permanently. Alan Judge permanently and Kieran Dowell on loan.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Potential January targets on 09:34 - Oct 31 with 3503 viewsKieran_Knows

Edun and Graham's loans to be terminated.

Bring in;
2 strikers (ideally).
1 winger.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Potential January targets on 09:34 - Oct 31 with 3504 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Potential January targets on 09:25 - Oct 31 by Guthrum

I really don't think the £10m kitty is to be believed. Especially after Lambert's reaction to the suggestion yesterday.

I agree that we do definitely need another forward, but am holding off on other positions until we've seen what Lambert finds in the current squad. If anything, a left-sided winger might be a higher priority than the centre-mid or the defence.

Agreed. I think alot of people have written off our new signings as being unable to make the step-up. If Lambert can get a balanced, settled side (and I think he will) then we'll start to see some of the players blossom - I personally think Jackson could come good from the little I've seen of him.
Potential January targets on 09:38 - Oct 31 with 3480 viewsWhymarkmariner

Potential January targets on 09:28 - Oct 31 by TheTrueBlue1878

2 centre forwards. Send back Graham, Eden and Walters. Sort of the Donacien situation. Daryl Murphy on loan. Chris Martin permanently. Alan Judge permanently and Kieran Dowell on loan.

I don't think re-signing past players is a good idea. Only the very best achieve previous levels and even some of them don't. Whoever comes in needs to be fit and stay fit. But I would think a centre forward on loan needs to be brought in now as what we have are not good enough. I'm a bit surprised that no names are out yet, but I suppose PL needs to access what we already have.
Potential January targets on 09:40 - Oct 31 with 3478 viewsGuthrum

Potential January targets on 09:28 - Oct 31 by TheTrueBlue1878

Walters has already gone and the Donacien situation is entirely outside the club's control.

Would Forest be willing to let Murphy go? He's playing for them fairly often and scoring goals. Likewise Judge is playing regularly. Martin is on a full-season loan at Hull.

Dowell is a good call, but would be in the way of Dozzell's progression.

Potential January targets on 09:41 - Oct 31 with 3467 viewstextbackup

Not even sorry for being blunt, but if anyone believes we have £10m to spend in Jan they are either,

A - thick as sht
B - unaware of the clubs spending in the last 8 years
C - living with head in sand
D - all the above

If you even remotely believe these figures you are setting yourself up for a massive fall and will have a serious moan come Jan when we make two free signings and a loan

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Potential January targets on 09:43 - Oct 31 with 3444 viewsGuthrum

Potential January targets on 09:38 - Oct 31 by Whymarkmariner

I don't think re-signing past players is a good idea. Only the very best achieve previous levels and even some of them don't. Whoever comes in needs to be fit and stay fit. But I would think a centre forward on loan needs to be brought in now as what we have are not good enough. I'm a bit surprised that no names are out yet, but I suppose PL needs to access what we already have.

Can't get a loan in until January. Would have to be a free agent, probably on a short-term contract.

Login to get fewer ads

Potential January targets on 09:47 - Oct 31 with 3429 viewschicoazul

Potential January targets on 09:41 - Oct 31 by textbackup

Not even sorry for being blunt, but if anyone believes we have £10m to spend in Jan they are either,

A - thick as sht
D - all the above

If you even remotely believe these figures you are setting yourself up for a massive fall and will have a serious moan come Jan when we make two free signings and a loan

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's true. Obviously we will never know but I wouldnt bet against us being big spenders in January and again next Summer if Lambert is still here and we are still in this league. We did after all spend about 6m under Mini Roy.
I would much rather Lambert works the players guts out and turns Nsiala Nolan and Jackson into Championship-standard players - or worst ways devises a system to get the best out of them and somehow cover their glaring weaknesses - but I don't think Lambert would have taken the job without some sort of assurance over a budget.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Potential January targets on 09:48 - Oct 31 with 3426 viewsSomethingBlue

Potential January targets on 09:41 - Oct 31 by textbackup

A - thick as sht
D - all the above

No we'll spend money. Going down would put us in an utterly desperate position and Evans will go all out to avoid it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Potential January targets on 09:49 - Oct 31 with 3420 viewscasanovacrow

I still think we will need a target man in long before January. Both of Sears and Jackson need the right kind of ball and plenty of support and I don't think we have enough of the right kind of players for that. It's much easier to just get a target man in than replace 6-7 others. The longer I look at it the more convinced Márkó Futács would be ideal.
Potential January targets on 09:51 - Oct 31 with 3403 viewstextbackup

Potential January targets on 09:48 - Oct 31 by SomethingBlue

No we'll spend money. Going down would put us in an utterly desperate position and Evans will go all out to avoid it.

Going up would have been even better than staying up, but he didn’t give MM the funds when 2nd in jan 2015...
(Or did MM not want to spend to increase pressure.... that’s a thread for another day 😎)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Potential January targets on 09:52 - Oct 31 with 3400 viewsGuthrum

Potential January targets on 09:47 - Oct 31 by chicoazul

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's true. Obviously we will never know but I wouldnt bet against us being big spenders in January and again next Summer if Lambert is still here and we are still in this league. We did after all spend about 6m under Mini Roy.
I would much rather Lambert works the players guts out and turns Nsiala Nolan and Jackson into Championship-standard players - or worst ways devises a system to get the best out of them and somehow cover their glaring weaknesses - but I don't think Lambert would have taken the job without some sort of assurance over a budget.

I would go with more like £5m max, all in (inc. wages and signing-on fees).

While we do have some FFP leeway (under the new system over three seasons), spending that much now and again in the Summer would be pushing things.

Potential January targets on 09:53 - Oct 31 with 3377 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree. I could see Graham and Edun going back to be replaced with some experience. Hopefully we'll have Donacien's loan place free as well if his transfer is confirmed. Apart from that i'm expecting 2-3 players in for <£2m combined just to add some steel and experience.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Potential January targets on 09:54 - Oct 31 with 3378 viewschicoazul

Potential January targets on 09:52 - Oct 31 by Guthrum

While we do have some FFP leeway (under the new system over three seasons), spending that much now and again in the Summer would be pushing things.

I dont think Evans will care too much about FFP if breaking it means staying up and holding on to Lambert.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Potential January targets on 09:55 - Oct 31 with 3369 viewsGuthrum

Potential January targets on 09:54 - Oct 31 by chicoazul

I dont think Evans will care too much about FFP if breaking it means staying up and holding on to Lambert.

Breaking FFP now has much more serious consequences - points deductions and transfer bans, not just feeble and delayed fines. That would risk our position in itself.

Potential January targets on 10:03 - Oct 31 with 3323 viewsIpswichKnight

Potential January targets on 09:52 - Oct 31 by Guthrum

I agree on that, we will pay some money but it will only be on one or two players.
Potential January targets on 10:07 - Oct 31 with 3297 viewsBlueBadger

If we're hopelessly adrift, he won't spend a penny and we'll end up offloading our few remaining saleable assets in January.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Potential January targets on 10:07 - Oct 31 with 3292 viewsGuthrum

Potential January targets on 09:49 - Oct 31 by casanovacrow

I still think we will need a target man in long before January. Both of Sears and Jackson need the right kind of ball and plenty of support and I don't think we have enough of the right kind of players for that. It's much easier to just get a target man in than replace 6-7 others. The longer I look at it the more convinced Márkó Futács would be ideal.

Agree we need to get someone in.

If Futacs a free agent? His Wiki entry (looking him up as don't know anything about him) suggests he signed a contract extension last season.

Potential January targets on 10:09 - Oct 31 with 3290 viewsSomethingBlue

Potential January targets on 10:07 - Oct 31 by Guthrum

If Futacs a free agent? His Wiki entry (looking him up as don't know anything about him) suggests he signed a contract extension last season.

He is, and he's a name that occurred to me a few weeks back, but he's had injury and other issues I think so not sure he'd be the ideal fit.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Potential January targets on 10:12 - Oct 31 with 3263 viewscasanovacrow

Potential January targets on 10:07 - Oct 31 by Guthrum

I remember hearing about Sunderland sniffing around for someone as a free agent not so long back n his name was mentioned. I can't be sure of it, especially with how journalists don't pick up on things but it would suggest he was a free agent (As of end of August I think it said).
Potential January targets on 11:14 - Oct 31 with 3095 viewsGooders7592

Peter Crouch on loan until end of the season.
Potential January targets on 11:46 - Oct 31 with 2993 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Potential January targets on 09:40 - Oct 31 by Guthrum

Walters has already gone and the Donacien situation is entirely outside the club's control.

Would Forest be willing to let Murphy go? He's playing for them fairly often and scoring goals. Likewise Judge is playing regularly. Martin is on a full-season loan at Hull.

Dowell is a good call, but would be in the way of Dozzell's progression.

Judge isn’t starting games at all, think he has only started 2/3 games all season and has yet to start a game under the regime. Here he would be guaranteed a three year deal where he would be one of the standout player.

Murphy is now behind Grabban as he is in great form. And now Soudani is fit again he seems to have got the nod ahead of Murphy as he started last night and Murphy didn’t come on but Grabban did.

Can situations like that be amended if we place a permanent bid to Derby? They could recall him to sell him on.

Surprised no one has take Notice dowell, I don’t think Dozzell will play week in week out to be honest don’t know if he can handle it physically yet.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Potential January targets on 12:48 - Oct 31 with 2828 viewsBent_double

Potential January targets on 09:54 - Oct 31 by chicoazul

Don't think we can break FFP in a single transfer window can we? That would take some spending, the likes of which has never been seen at PR.....

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Potential January targets on 13:01 - Oct 31 with 2779 viewsSamWhiteUK

Potential January targets on 09:25 - Oct 31 by Guthrum

Not that I think it's true, but PL is hardly going to sit there and say, "Yes, come January we will have £10m burning a hole in our pockets" is he?

He might as well say, "yes, jack up your prices everyone because we are in trouble and we have money to spend"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024