Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free 07:42 - Nov 1 with 9825 viewsstickymockwell

I’ve had my problems with the booze, but I think I’ve finally smashed it. I honestly don’t think I’ll ever have a drink again.
1st month was really hard but now I feel amazing.
Wooo.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 07:48 - Nov 1 with 5209 viewsBenters2

Good work.

But never drink again?

I can go all week without a Ale but i do enjoy a Friday and Saturday lunch time beer.
Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 07:51 - Nov 1 with 5198 viewsBloomBlue

As that saying goes.....

"We all have daemons many control them while others are controlled by them'

Stay with the former.
Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 07:52 - Nov 1 with 5199 viewsPlums

Good on you mate. Keep it going.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:07 - Nov 1 with 5155 viewsstickymockwell

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 07:48 - Nov 1 by Benters2

Good work.

But never drink again?

I can go all week without a Ale but i do enjoy a Friday and Saturday lunch time beer.

I don’t think I can Benters old chap.

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:10 - Nov 1 with 5144 viewsKeno

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:07 - Nov 1 by stickymockwell

well done Lickey!!

and I just want to say I didn't find this to any other point you have made boring in any way

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:14 - Nov 1 with 5128 viewsBenters2

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:07 - Nov 1 by stickymockwell

You are better off then without i guess.

Well done.
Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:16 - Nov 1 with 5132 viewsBryanPlug

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 07:48 - Nov 1 by Benters2

Good work.

But never drink again?

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:20 - Nov 1 with 5113 viewsartsbossbeard

Well done you.

Have you taken yourself out of "the pub" environment altogether or do you still go in but drink soft drinks instead?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:22 - Nov 1 with 5099 viewshoppy

Well done. I guess the Christmas/party season will potentially be tricky, but if you can get through that as well, then I think you could be on track for smashing it!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:25 - Nov 1 with 5084 viewsBluebell

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:16 - Nov 1 by BryanPlug

Are there 6 days in your weeks?
Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:31 - Nov 1 with 5065 viewsgtsb

If you've had problems with alcohol then going two months without is a superb achievement. Well done to you sir. On the subject of alcohol is it an age thing but when I've had a skin full i cannot remember anything about the night anymore. Is it just me?
Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:46 - Nov 1 with 5013 viewsstickymockwell

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:20 - Nov 1 by artsbossbeard

Well done you.

Have you taken yourself out of "the pub" environment altogether or do you still go in but drink soft drinks instead?

I haven't entered a pub yet, but there's a family party on the 17th so that will be my first visit. I'll be fine.

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:48 - Nov 1 with 5003 viewsstickymockwell

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:31 - Nov 1 by gtsb

If you've had problems with alcohol then going two months without is a superb achievement. Well done to you sir. On the subject of alcohol is it an age thing but when I've had a skin full i cannot remember anything about the night anymore. Is it just me?

It's age!!

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:49 - Nov 1 with 5005 viewsBrixtonBlue

Congrats. I've just done 8 months and not drinking just becomes a habit... just as much as drinking was a bit of a habit. Some times are tough, like a hot summer's day for example, but generally I've found it fairly easy.

I would warn against thinking you've finally smashed it though. There will be times you're tempted even several months in, from my experience. Especially if you're ever on your own with a free day - it's easy to think you could do it as a treat and no-one would know. Be wary of those days so you're ready for them when they come.

If you want any tips or advice feel free to PM me... or wait for the book I'm writing about the experience!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:52 - Nov 1 with 4977 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:46 - Nov 1 by stickymockwell

I haven't entered a pub yet, but there's a family party on the 17th so that will be my first visit. I'll be fine.

A pint of blackcurrant and soda is a wonderful thing!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:55 - Nov 1 with 4979 viewsReuser_is_God

Nice one buh.

I’m now 2 months through a self imposed 3 month break & I feel good for it too. I won’t be giving up permanently but I’ll certainly have more periods of time where I don’t drink.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:55 - Nov 1 with 4971 viewshampstead_blue

Good skills fella.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:58 - Nov 1 with 4961 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sounds like you've cracked the back of it Sticky......the time to watch out for now is when life throws some crap in your direction! Good on you fella.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 09:01 - Nov 1 with 4960 viewsstickymockwell

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:58 - Nov 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Sounds like you've cracked the back of it Sticky......the time to watch out for now is when life throws some crap in your direction! Good on you fella.

I know. I've been cheating on TWTD with the sober recovery forums. I've taken lots of good advice from them. Stopped short of attending AA, but if it becomes a struggle I might pop along.

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 09:03 - Nov 1 with 4956 viewsGuthrum

Good stuff.

I had problems with alcohol in my youth and while I do drink - in moderation - now (many years later), stopping altogether for a while was necessary to break the cycle.

Tho I wouldn't bother starting again if you don't want to.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 09:06 - Nov 1 with 4929 viewsBenters2

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:16 - Nov 1 by BryanPlug

I thought there were 7 days in a week?
Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 09:09 - Nov 1 with 4916 viewsBenters2

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:25 - Nov 1 by Bluebell

Are there 6 days in your weeks?

Yes?
Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 09:10 - Nov 1 with 4916 viewschicoazul

Good on you mate. When you're a big drinker it can be pretty amazing seeing what happens to your mental and physical health when you stop.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 09:15 - Nov 1 with 4891 viewsBrixtonBlue

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 08:49 - Nov 1 by BrixtonBlue

Congrats. I've just done 8 months and not drinking just becomes a habit... just as much as drinking was a bit of a habit. Some times are tough, like a hot summer's day for example, but generally I've found it fairly easy.

I would warn against thinking you've finally smashed it though. There will be times you're tempted even several months in, from my experience. Especially if you're ever on your own with a free day - it's easy to think you could do it as a treat and no-one would know. Be wary of those days so you're ready for them when they come.

If you want any tips or advice feel free to PM me... or wait for the book I'm writing about the experience!

Why on earth would you downarrow me offering help and advice Benters?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Look at Me. 2 months alcohol free on 09:21 - Nov 1 with 4873 viewsfactual_blue

Good lad.

Alcohol is greatly over-rated.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024