Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting piece from David Conn on the regeneration of Tottenham 08:33 - Nov 1 with 1146 viewsSteve_M

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/01/tottenham-hotspur-stadium-redev

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Interesting piece from David Conn on the regeneration of Tottenham on 09:19 - Nov 1 with 1077 viewschicoazul

I get very conflicting feels about this kind of gentrification. On the one hand anyone who has been to White Hart Lane knows what a dump that entire area is and it is actively dangerous in terms of knife crime etc. On the other what right does any council or developer have to turf people out of their own homes to make way for commercial organisations?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interesting piece from David Conn on the regeneration of Tottenham on 09:58 - Nov 1 with 1042 viewsBrianTablet

Interesting piece from David Conn on the regeneration of Tottenham on 09:19 - Nov 1 by chicoazul

I get very conflicting feels about this kind of gentrification. On the one hand anyone who has been to White Hart Lane knows what a dump that entire area is and it is actively dangerous in terms of knife crime etc. On the other what right does any council or developer have to turf people out of their own homes to make way for commercial organisations?

I'd worry for those who go to the visitor centre and get the full the “Tottenham Experience”

Maybe it's the world we live in. Distraction from the issues of the day.
Maybe it's the best way to stop people killing themselves or killing each other?
It certainly seemed to work for the Romans.

I'm not sure why we need to throw so much money at it though but that's the nature of our Celebrity Trickledown world.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Interesting piece from David Conn on the regeneration of Tottenham on 10:09 - Nov 1 with 1029 viewsGeoffSentence

Interesting piece from David Conn on the regeneration of Tottenham on 09:19 - Nov 1 by chicoazul

CPO's for the benefit of private enterprise are criminal to my mind.

I can see the point of them for the public good, when infrastructure needs to be built, those on the receiving end should be very well compensated though.

But to force people out so that someone else can make a profit is not on.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Interesting piece from David Conn on the regeneration of Tottenham on 10:20 - Nov 1 with 1018 viewsbluewein

Another reason for me to irrationally dislike Spurs...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024