Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? 09:58 - Nov 2 with 1578 viewsm14_blue

The season starts here.

I'm excited again, a win on Saturday would be huge.

COYB
Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:01 - Nov 2 with 1562 viewsbluewein

Cant make this weekend, so I'll be more sold after the Reading game and seeing what changes he's made on the pitch. Don't forget Hurst talked a good game then monumentally fooked it right up.

But agreed, I've a little more confidence in survival with PL at the helm...
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 10:03]

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:03 - Nov 2 with 1554 viewsBlueySwede

I do think we have a good enough manager on our hands.
The big problem is..I´m not very sure that Hurst was such a bad one.
I try to be optimistic, but let's not kid ourselves. Our squad is pretty weak, and it will take something special to get us out of trouble.
Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:15 - Nov 2 with 1523 viewsGeoffSentence

I am.

I think he will be a very good manager for us.

However, given the squad he has inherited and that we are adrift at the foot of the table with nearly a third of the season gone I don't think we will avoid relegation now.

Straight back up though, followed by promotion to the PL the following year.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:26 - Nov 2 with 1494 viewsm14_blue

Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:15 - Nov 2 by GeoffSentence

I am.

I think he will be a very good manager for us.

However, given the squad he has inherited and that we are adrift at the foot of the table with nearly a third of the season gone I don't think we will avoid relegation now.

Straight back up though, followed by promotion to the PL the following year.

No doubt he has his hands full but I don't think 5 points from safety is insurmountable.

Indeed, there's a good chance we'll be out of the bottom 3 if we can win our next 2 games.

Granted, that's quite a big 'if'.
Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:33 - Nov 2 with 1484 viewsnshearman1

I was against Lambert when he was named but have got to say I'm feeling a lot more positive now, he is indeed a proper manager and the comments from Chambers are all good. Let's see how he does now, and give him and the players the support we need (as people did for Hurst, possibly for far too long). On another note, the questions and answers on the state of Portman Road at the meeting are still worrying and not really acceptable. 'Sprucing things up' is pathetic.
Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:33 - Nov 2 with 1483 viewsKieran_Knows

Don't think I've been this excited to go to PR since the play-off season.

#ANewEra

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:36 - Nov 2 with 1462 viewsnoggin

I just hope people are patient. It's a huge job and will take time.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:39 - Nov 2 with 1451 viewshammo56

Not sold at all but having said that he will have my full support and I really hope he proves me wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:41 - Nov 2 with 1441 viewsFrimleyBlue

feel like we've just had an extended pre season. Our season starts Saturday, players have had their games to get fit etc. Now the important stuff

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:58 - Nov 2 with 1388 viewsLightningboy

Yeah i’m happy with Lambert & far more optimismic than just over a week ago.

Shame Hurst has left him with a p1ss poor squad though..let’s hope we can scrape a few wins before the January rebuid.
Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 11:53 - Nov 2 with 1327 viewsIllinoisblue

Absolutely. But our weak as piss squad worries me. I just can’t see where the goals are coming from.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 12:11 - Nov 2 with 1292 viewsPJH

Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 10:58 - Nov 2 by Lightningboy

Yeah i’m happy with Lambert & far more optimismic than just over a week ago.

Shame Hurst has left him with a p1ss poor squad though..let’s hope we can scrape a few wins before the January rebuid.

Agree.

Up until the announcement that Hurst was actually going I could only see things getting worse but I think that in Lambert we have someone capable of repairing most of the damage done by Hurst and building from there.

Tomorrow is a huge game though because if we do not win it some of the optimism built up in the last few days will fade.
If Hurst was still here I would not be expecting to win tomorrow anyway but with Lambert I am.
Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 12:12 - Nov 2 with 1290 viewsFrimleyBlue

Are we pretty much all sold on PL now then? on 11:53 - Nov 2 by Illinoisblue

Absolutely. But our weak as piss squad worries me. I just can’t see where the goals are coming from.

IF we can get the ball moving, I can see Paul getting 16 goals out of jackson

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024