Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party 10:18 - Nov 2 with 68933 viewsGlasgowBlue

For some of us this comes as no surprise.

https://news.sky.com/story/met-police-begin-criminal-investigation-into-labour-a

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 10:19 - Nov 2 with 12476 viewsartsbossbeard

Please keep us all updated on this.

Thanks.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 10:32 - Nov 2 with 12434 viewsWeWereZombies

Seems Cressida Dick has stressed that this not into the party itself but into allegations of hate crimes within it. I suppose this type of dancing around issues and hair splitting has always been with us but it becomes tiresome when bigger issues are at stake. I guess it also means that individuals cannot, unlike the Aaron Banks investigation, be named yet. Interesting timing.

BBC News - Police probe into anti-Semitism claims against Labour members
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46070229
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 10:47]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 10:40 - Nov 2 with 12409 viewsDarth_Koont

It certainly doesn't.

Pronouns: He/Him

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 10:47 - Nov 2 with 12392 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 10:32 - Nov 2 by WeWereZombies

Seems Cressida Dick has stressed that this not into the party itself but into allegations of hate crimes within it. I suppose this type of dancing around issues and hair splitting has always been with us but it becomes tiresome when bigger issues are at stake. I guess it also means that individuals cannot, unlike the Aaron Banks investigation, be named yet. Interesting timing.

BBC News - Police probe into anti-Semitism claims against Labour members
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46070229
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 10:47]

I did say "in the Labour party".

It's worth noting that some of the labour members being investigated by the police had admitted their guilt to the Labour Party yet they were not reported to the police. The Labour Party also kept the dossier secret and did not even tell Jewish Labour MPs who were directly threatened within it despite police considering threats to their safety to be so severe as to warrant special police protection.

At best there are massive failings in the party to both discipline the antisemites and protect their Jewish MP'S. At worst there has been a massive cover up.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 10:48]

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 10:52 - Nov 2 with 12346 viewsNo9

Not at all a surprise, after the budget further evidence a Genral Election may be in the offing

& with all the other issues in the Palace of Westminster just shows how rotten British politics is
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 10:59 - Nov 2 with 12356 viewsStokieBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 10:52 - Nov 2 by No9

Not at all a surprise, after the budget further evidence a Genral Election may be in the offing

& with all the other issues in the Palace of Westminster just shows how rotten British politics is

What do you mean? Are you suggesting the Tories pressured the police into starting an investigation?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:02 - Nov 2 with 12340 viewsBrixtonBlue

All racism is awful. Why, then, do you almost always focus on that which is connected to the Labour Party?

For example, I don't remember seeing you linking to this example of Conservative racism and antisemitism recently;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-45735591

There are lots of examples, but I only need to post one to make the point.

The reason you get so ridiculed on here is because of your lack of evenhandedness. Your message could carry so much more weight if it came across as simply an anti-racism one rather than 'anti-racism... but even better if it's Labour'.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:04 - Nov 2 with 12329 viewsBrixtonBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 10:59 - Nov 2 by StokieBlue

What do you mean? Are you suggesting the Tories pressured the police into starting an investigation?

SB

The Government runs the police, does it not? I wouldn't be surprised.

However, if it helps get rid of racism in Labour then I'm all for it.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:04 - Nov 2 with 12310 viewsNo9

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 10:59 - Nov 2 by StokieBlue

SB

Let me just remind you of what GB posted some time ago
& look at me second sentence
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:11 - Nov 2 with 12322 viewsGeoffSentence

It's an unusual source for the allegations to come from, LBC providing a dossier.

What is in the dossier is not clear, but I get the impression from the quoted examples,"includes messages such as ...", that there will be plenty from social media in it.

If I am correct then (with heavy stress on that as there is little to go on) then it would imply that LBC has a vested interest in attacking the Labour Party (why no similar dossier for other hate crimes - UKIP for instance would provide fertile ground for islamaphobia). I am also sure it would kick off a round of similar intelligence gathering by other groups against other parties, and some frantic social media cleaning up.

The fun is only just about to begin.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:12 - Nov 2 with 12318 viewsCoachRob

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:02 - Nov 2 by BrixtonBlue

All racism is awful. Why, then, do you almost always focus on that which is connected to the Labour Party?

For example, I don't remember seeing you linking to this example of Conservative racism and antisemitism recently;

The reason you get so ridiculed on here is because of your lack of evenhandedness. Your message could carry so much more weight if it came across as simply an anti-racism one rather than 'anti-racism... but even better if it's Labour'.

To be fair Glassers said Labour had "massive" problem with anti-Semitism (>50%) ; this is only a quantitative error and probably down to a lack of research skill. He has mentioned UKIP and Tories issues with racism.
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:18 - Nov 2 with 12294 viewsBrixtonBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:12 - Nov 2 by CoachRob

To be fair Glassers said Labour had "massive" problem with anti-Semitism (>50%) ; this is only a quantitative error and probably down to a lack of research skill. He has mentioned UKIP and Tories issues with racism.

Yes he's mentioned them... but when it's Labour he absolutely jumps on it. I guarantee if the link I posted had been a labour story rather than a Tory one he'd have been all over it.

Unless I missed it, he didn't even mention it.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:24 - Nov 2 with 12288 viewslowhouseblue

"It comes as a new Populus/BICOM poll found that 38% of Brits believe that Corbyn himself is anti-Semitic. Only 1 in 4 people agreed that he was a “committed campaigner against racism of all kinds, including antisemitism”, while as few as 19% believed that he had “worked hard to deliver peace between Israel and the Palestinians”. Almost double that number instead thought that he “only seems interested in talking to those organisations which have been deemed terrorists by the British Government, the EU and the US State Department”. "

the quote is from guido, but the poll isn't.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:31 - Nov 2 with 12273 viewstabletopjoe

Head of Met announces they’re not going to waste any more time on ‘hate crimes’. Police launch hate crime investigation into Labour Party

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:40 - Nov 2 with 12252 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:02 - Nov 2 by BrixtonBlue

Let me just clarify this. I, as a man of Jewish heritage with a half Jewish wife and kids with Jewish blood, have been ridiculed for bringing up antisemitism? Do you want to maybe revist what you are saying Dollers? It really isn't a good look.

As for your standard response to me on this subject "I don't remember seeing you linking to this example of Conservative racism and antisemitism recently". I stated a thread on the very story that you have linked ( it may have been during the period you flounced off the board because people were being beastly to you over your “Phil misreporting” thread). I have had to make you look stupid in the past by linking several instances. I can do it again for you if I have to but again, it's not a good look telling somebody from my background that I am only highlighting this subject for party political reasons.

Mt suggestion to you is think through what you are saying, and my response, then read what I am posting below. Then maybe come back and admit you have made a pratt of yourself. And I am being generous using the word pratt.

This is the sort of vile antisemitic posting that can be found on pro Corbyn/Labour social media sites daily. Some of it is similar in tone to that posted by the scumbag who murdered Jews who were attending a baby naming ceremony at a Synagogue in Pittsburgh last week.

People like you, who have constantly trivialised, dismissed or tried to shut me up by accusing me of trying to score party political points from what I have posted over the years are guilty of being complicit in the normalisation of Jew hatred.

[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 12:10]

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:40 - Nov 2 with 12225 viewsNo9

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:24 - Nov 2 by lowhouseblue

"It comes as a new Populus/BICOM poll found that 38% of Brits believe that Corbyn himself is anti-Semitic. Only 1 in 4 people agreed that he was a “committed campaigner against racism of all kinds, including antisemitism”, while as few as 19% believed that he had “worked hard to deliver peace between Israel and the Palestinians”. Almost double that number instead thought that he “only seems interested in talking to those organisations which have been deemed terrorists by the British Government, the EU and the US State Department”. "

So the 1/2 million, give or take a few, labour members are all nasty bastards?

Strong allegation you are implying

& doesn't answer any questions about why labour mambers have not sought to change things

Core of the tories no better
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:42 - Nov 2 with 12241 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:04 - Nov 2 by BrixtonBlue

The Government runs the police, does it not? I wouldn't be surprised.

However, if it helps get rid of racism in Labour then I'm all for it.

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:46 - Nov 2 with 12200 viewsNo9

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:40 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

Let me just clarify this. I, as a man of Jewish heritage with a half Jewish wife and kids with Jewish blood, have been ridiculed for bringing up antisemitism? Do you want to maybe revist what you are saying Dollers? It really isn't a good look.

As for your standard response to me on this subject "I don't remember seeing you linking to this example of Conservative racism and antisemitism recently". I stated a thread on the very story that you have linked ( it may have been during the period you flounced off the board because people were being beastly to you over your “Phil misreporting” thread). I have had to make you look stupid in the past by linking several instances. I can do it again for you if I have to but again, it's not a good look telling somebody from my background that I am only highlighting this subject for party political reasons.

Mt suggestion to you is think through what you are saying, and my response, then read what I am posting below. Then maybe come back and admit you have made a pratt of yourself. And I am being generous using the word pratt.

This is the sort of vile antisemitic posting that can be found on pro Corbyn/Labour social media sites daily. Some of it is similar in tone to that posted by the scumbag who murdered Jews who were attending a baby naming ceremony at a Synagogue in Pittsburgh last week.

People like you, who have constantly trivialised, dismissed or tried to shut me up by accusing me of trying to score party political points from what I have posted over the years are guilty of being complicit in the normalisation of Jew hatred.

[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 12:10]

There is plenty of anti-semitism up & down the UK across the political rainbow
Is there any particular reaosn that you continue to concentrate on Mr Corbyn & labour-
An innocent but necessary question
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:46 - Nov 2 with 12222 viewslowhouseblue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:40 - Nov 2 by No9

So the 1/2 million, give or take a few, labour members are all nasty bastards?

Strong allegation you are implying

& doesn't answer any questions about why labour mambers have not sought to change things

Core of the tories no better

errrr, ok, but how does any of that possibly relate to what I posted??

you'll need to explain why posting a quote about an opinion poll means that i'm implying that 'labour members are all nasty bastards'.

but i'm often quite bemused by your reasoning so don't worry too much if you can't.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:46 - Nov 2 with 12220 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:11 - Nov 2 by GeoffSentence

It's an unusual source for the allegations to come from, LBC providing a dossier.

What is in the dossier is not clear, but I get the impression from the quoted examples,"includes messages such as ...", that there will be plenty from social media in it.

If I am correct then (with heavy stress on that as there is little to go on) then it would imply that LBC has a vested interest in attacking the Labour Party (why no similar dossier for other hate crimes - UKIP for instance would provide fertile ground for islamaphobia). I am also sure it would kick off a round of similar intelligence gathering by other groups against other parties, and some frantic social media cleaning up.

The fun is only just about to begin.

It was a secret 80 page dossier of antisemitic hate within the Labour party which included death threats from Labour members towards Jewish Labour MP'S. It was leaked to the CAA who discussed it on LBC. As the dossier contained criminal acts it was passed to the Met.

Are you seriously criticising CAA and LBC for passing on evidence of criminal acts to the relevant authorities?

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:48 - Nov 2 with 12208 viewsZedRodgers

https://www.aljazeera.com/investigations/thelobby/

No, not at the moment

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:48 - Nov 2 with 12208 viewsStokieBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:31 - Nov 2 by tabletopjoe

Head of Met announces they’re not going to waste any more time on ‘hate crimes’. Police launch hate crime investigation into Labour Party

Not what she said at all is it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:48 - Nov 2 with 12184 viewsNo9

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:46 - Nov 2 by lowhouseblue

errrr, ok, but how does any of that possibly relate to what I posted??

you'll need to explain why posting a quote about an opinion poll means that i'm implying that 'labour members are all nasty bastards'.

but i'm often quite bemused by your reasoning so don't worry too much if you can't.

Maybe you should read your own post?
Then think about it, if those % you posted are true?
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:53 - Nov 2 with 12190 viewslowhouseblue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:48 - Nov 2 by No9

Maybe you should read your own post?
Then think about it, if those % you posted are true?

ok, as I said, don't worry about it.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:54 - Nov 2 with 12134 viewsBluesquid

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 11:24 - Nov 2 by lowhouseblue

According to The Guardian, BICOM is a Pro Israel organisation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/12/poll-of-british-jews-finds-widespr
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 12:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024