Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WWE really outdoing themselves (no Crown Jewel spoilers) 18:39 - Nov 2 with 788 viewsJ2BLUE

Currently putting an event on in Saudi Arabia

> Ignoring the premeditated killing of Jamal Khashoggi
> Ignoring Saudi Arabia's treatment of homosexuals and women despite being in the middle of an alleged 'women's revolution' that they are cashing in on - women aren't allowed to wrestle and their female commentator has had to have 'special security arrangements' to attend
> Ignored the fact Syrian wrestle Sami Zayn wasn't allowed at the last event (he's injured this time)
> Ignoring the concerns of their own wrestlers and fans. Two of their top stars pulled out of the event, one for his own career and one in protest at how homosexuals and Sami Zayn were treated
> WWE scripted the last show to be pure propaganda including scripting a segment where Saudi wrestlers beat up Iranian wrestlers
> Brought back racist piece of garbage Hulk Hogan to host the event. This is a man who when he returned to the company recently, called everyone together and apologised for embarrassing the company and said he didn't know he was being recorded. No apology for his racist comments and then he said those who didn't forgive him didn't understand how wrestling works and that you need to forgive each other whatever happens.

I hope their decision not to cancel comes back to haunt them. They refused to cancel because they are being paid so much by the Saudis. I only subscribe to the network when the Undertaker wrestles as he's my autistic brother's hero but I will be giving them the bare minimum of money in future.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

WWE really outdoing themselves (no Crown Jewel spoilers) on 18:41 - Nov 2 with 774 viewsDanTheMan

Vince all over though isn't it?

I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

WWE really outdoing themselves (no Crown Jewel spoilers) on 19:12 - Nov 2 with 733 viewsmonytowbray

I love the way they dilly dally about bringing a WM to Wembley despite the fact it would be huge bucks for them for timezone and financial risk reasons but are happy to do all of the above.

I think I posted Hogan’s exact words on here when he was reinstated. He never really understood what he did wrong and only apologised because it hurt his ego/career, and even then the applogy was “I’m sorry I got caught for being racist” than “I’m sorry for being racist”.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

WWE really outdoing themselves (no Crown Jewel spoilers) on 02:19 - Nov 3 with 629 viewsjaseitfc

WWE really outdoing themselves (no Crown Jewel spoilers) on 19:12 - Nov 2 by monytowbray

I love the way they dilly dally about bringing a WM to Wembley despite the fact it would be huge bucks for them for timezone and financial risk reasons but are happy to do all of the above.

I think I posted Hogan’s exact words on here when he was reinstated. He never really understood what he did wrong and only apologised because it hurt his ego/career, and even then the applogy was “I’m sorry I got caught for being racist” than “I’m sorry for being racist”.

The Saudi events have been mainly glorified house shows - nothing compared to Mania or any other US PPV. The Saudis got the big names as money talks but 90% of the cards in both shows have been inconsequential bar the universal title matches at both, which the one in April had a crappy finish & this one a title change but only because of the Roman situation. We get raw and smackdown twice a year, where we have consequential matches/ segments. The time zone thing does make it hard to bring mania over here .

On the Saudi show- sucks they signed the deal in the first place. There is a positive perspective you can put on it though, perhaps? 1) Saudi fans- surely they deserve a chance to see their favourite stars (though I'm not sure how much tickets cost and how widely accessible they were to normal people- crowd size suggests accessible though? )? They are not accountable for their governments heinous acts, Just like we are not to ours. 2) these type events being held in Saudi Arabia further contribute to the globalisation & hopefully liberalisation of the country long term; as the Saudi middle class grows, the royal family will find it harder and harder to rule like they do- the new added pressure of the international community will make it difficult for them too.

But yeah in short WWE took the money, which probably is not the smartest marketing decision.

Oh and i forgot to add, f*ck Hogan
[Post edited 3 Nov 2018 2:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024