Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... 17:55 - Nov 5 with 10050 viewsSitfcB

Horrible creatures.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 17:59 - Nov 5 with 5657 viewschicoazul

Loads of videos going around on social media of effigies of Catholics being burned. In Lewes they regularly burn effigies of living people. Maybe those are all hate crimes too and will be properly investigated by police if a complaint is made?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:01 - Nov 5 with 5643 viewsstickymockwell

Started to watch and had to turn it off.
What amazes me is that it sounds like quite a few were there and it wasn't a racist billy no mates with a token friend or 2.
How on earth do you do that and not offend some of the people at the party???????

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:04 - Nov 5 with 5626 viewsstickymockwell

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 17:59 - Nov 5 by chicoazul

Loads of videos going around on social media of effigies of Catholics being burned. In Lewes they regularly burn effigies of living people. Maybe those are all hate crimes too and will be properly investigated by police if a complaint is made?

It's surely a world of difference burning a joke Trump or Boris than a tragic fire which killed so many.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:08 - Nov 5 with 5585 viewschicoazul

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:04 - Nov 5 by stickymockwell

It's surely a world of difference burning a joke Trump or Boris than a tragic fire which killed so many.

Oh I agree. But legally what's the difference?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:09 - Nov 5 with 5585 viewsjeera

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:08 - Nov 5 by chicoazul

Oh I agree. But legally what's the difference?

I'd rather they just release the names of those present at that party.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:12 - Nov 5 with 5561 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jesus Christ.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:13 - Nov 5 with 5553 viewsBlueBadger

Classy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:15 - Nov 5 with 5564 viewsDanTheMan

The amount of effort that must have gone into that as well makes it a lot worse.

Not worth wasting the police's time with it but still, what the hell?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:28 - Nov 5 with 5481 viewsSwansea_Blue

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:12 - Nov 5 by GlasgowBlue

Jesus Christ.

They’ve probably got a version for him too, but do that one at easter.

In answer to the question “what goes through these people’s minds?”. Not a lot apparently.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:55 - Nov 5 with 5424 viewsbournemouthblue

I know it's fashionable to be edgy and controversial in certain circles but where is the satire here or is it simply trolling at it's most vile?

The ignorance and downright disregard for their actions is staggering

It would be interesting to know the background behind the people who came up with this. I'd put my money on them being public school types who think it is top bantz.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 19:02 - Nov 5 with 5379 viewssparks

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:55 - Nov 5 by bournemouthblue

I know it's fashionable to be edgy and controversial in certain circles but where is the satire here or is it simply trolling at it's most vile?

The ignorance and downright disregard for their actions is staggering

It would be interesting to know the background behind the people who came up with this. I'd put my money on them being public school types who think it is top bantz.

In deeply bad taste. But bad taste really ought not to be something the police involve themselves in. This is precisely the point Cressida Dick was rightly making recently.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 19:20 - Nov 5 with 5331 viewsGlasgowBlue

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:28 - Nov 5 by Swansea_Blue

They’ve probably got a version for him too, but do that one at easter.

In answer to the question “what goes through these people’s minds?”. Not a lot apparently.

Being pissed and standing about laughing at it is bad enough. But somebody in the cold light of day thought about it, made it and thought it would be a good idea to do.

I read a few years ago about a bloke who went to a fancy dress party as one of the Twin Towers and had action figures hanging out the windows. Again, who thinks this would be a good idea.

edit. Eddie Marsan is spot on as usual.

[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 19:23]

Iron Lion Zion

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 19:21 - Nov 5 with 5334 viewsMJallday

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 18:12 - Nov 5 by GlasgowBlue

Jesus Christ.

I think he got nailed not burnt mate

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 19:28 - Nov 5 with 5298 viewsGlasgowBlue

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 19:21 - Nov 5 by MJallday

I think he got nailed not burnt mate

I left myself open to that one didn't I?

Iron Lion Zion

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 19:46 - Nov 5 with 5243 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Why post it on here

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 19:48 - Nov 5 with 5228 viewsGlasgowBlue

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 19:46 - Nov 5 by Northstander_Blue

Why post it on here

Because this is a forum that discusses a wide range of topical subjects?

Iron Lion Zion

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 20:03 - Nov 5 with 5187 viewsbournemouthblue

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 19:02 - Nov 5 by sparks

In deeply bad taste. But bad taste really ought not to be something the police involve themselves in. This is precisely the point Cressida Dick was rightly making recently.

If the subject was racial there would be police investigations

The poor and vulnerable are obviously fair game?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 20:05 - Nov 5 with 5171 viewsbournemouthblue

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 19:20 - Nov 5 by GlasgowBlue

Being pissed and standing about laughing at it is bad enough. But somebody in the cold light of day thought about it, made it and thought it would be a good idea to do.

I read a few years ago about a bloke who went to a fancy dress party as one of the Twin Towers and had action figures hanging out the windows. Again, who thinks this would be a good idea.

edit. Eddie Marsan is spot on as usual.

[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 19:23]

Somone went to my Uni's Summerball Dressed as the twin towers with a plane attached

That would have been in about 2007, 08 or 09

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 20:21 - Nov 5 with 5113 viewssparks

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 20:03 - Nov 5 by bournemouthblue

Gmpf.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 20:40 - Nov 5 with 5048 viewsJ2BLUE

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 20:03 - Nov 5 by bournemouthblue

Not what he said and he's right. This isn't worth the police's time.

It's not illegal to be a ****.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 21:17 - Nov 5 with 4976 viewsDanTheMan

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 20:40 - Nov 5 by J2BLUE

Not what he said and he's right. This isn't worth the police's time.

It's not illegal to be a ****.

Theresa May responding to it as well.

They're gonna have a really great time when they inevitably get identified.

Police shouldn't be investigating though, the fallout of this on their lives is going to be pretty damn bad I imagine. And I don't feel sorry for them in the slightest.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 22:02 - Nov 5 with 4849 viewsstrikalite

Conveying a message which is grossly offensive is a crime...

So they should be done.
Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 22:03 - Nov 5 with 4841 viewscaught-in-limbo

I'm one of those that think this doesn't deserve any attention whatsoever, but you've put it up for discussion so here's my take on it, but more specifically why I think we shouldn't be giving it any extra social media exposure.

People do & say and have always done & said really stupid insensitive stuff every minute of the year since time began. Sometimes they are too immature to appreciate the implications of their actions. Sometimes they are too drunk. Sometimes they are just too stupid. Whatever the reason, additional exposure of any variety (retweeting, linking) is not deserved.

The internet and the way we all have access to it for sharing information to millions of people in seconds is a miracle of our time - never before have normal people had access to such an equality-providing tool. The British inventor of the WWW, Tim Berners-Lee said this:

and he gave it to the world for free!

The WWW is anathema to those who hold traditional positions of power, and governments around the world of every political system look to limit and control its use for obvious reasons. The current flood of anti hate laws in our western democracies is leading to just that - government restrictions on the most empowering tool normal people like you and me have ever had.

The retweeting or linking of any inappropriate examples by stupid individuals will only hasten the day this gift will be taken away from us.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 22:13]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 23:14 - Nov 5 with 4649 viewsbournemouthblue

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 21:17 - Nov 5 by DanTheMan

Theresa May responding to it as well.

They're gonna have a really great time when they inevitably get identified.

Police shouldn't be investigating though, the fallout of this on their lives is going to be pretty damn bad I imagine. And I don't feel sorry for them in the slightest.

Just wait for it when it turns out the brainbox behind this is a Politics Student at Oxford having attended an expensive public school

Imagine if their parent works in the city and is a banker

You can see it now!

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 23:17 - Nov 5 with 4635 viewssparks

Honestly, wtf goes through people’s minds... on 23:14 - Nov 5 by bournemouthblue

Just wait for it when it turns out the brainbox behind this is a Politics Student at Oxford having attended an expensive public school

Imagine if their parent works in the city and is a banker

You can see it now!

Not really. The reaction will be much the same.

Makes little difference to any of the points made.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024