Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
William Hill admits not taking money from problem gamblers lowers profits 09:31 - Nov 6 with 861 viewsSteve_M

It's quite an admission of culpability really even if the Grauniad has spun the press release slightly.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/06/william-hill-gambling-crackdown

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

William Hill admits not taking money from problem gamblers lowers profits on 09:44 - Nov 6 with 821 viewsBasuco

Philip Davies needs to take a good look at what his campaign to delay the implementation of reducing the maximum stake on FOBT will result in, the misery and hardship of many families who will lose loved ones and others will sink ever deeper into debt. Just so the betting industry can cream off a little bit of profit for a few month's more. He really is a despicable person with no thought or cares of his constituents who will suffer due to his misguided actions.
William Hill admits not taking money from problem gamblers lowers profits on 10:01 - Nov 6 with 783 viewshampstead_blue

the headline should read;

"William Hill's profits revert to normal after they reverted to ethic behaviour and shunning problem gamblers"

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

William Hill admits not taking money from problem gamblers lowers profits on 10:07 - Nov 6 with 771 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

William Hill admits not taking money from problem gamblers lowers profits on 11:14 - Nov 6 with 716 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Whilst i understand Gambling is an addiction and is a genuine problem amongst many other addictions, things like this simply is disgusting. One of the things i don't like about football is how intrinsically linked gambling is to it. Affects so many people so heavily, and it's just emblazoned everywhere. Amazes me that club shops can't sell shirts with 'Sky bet' on it to under 18s(this is what i was told but happy to be correct) but a lot of the shirts(us included) now have gambling sponsors on the front. it's not right.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024