Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism 13:06 - Nov 6 with 1665 viewsXYZ

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2018/11/kassam-says-jews-fund-carole-cadwalladr

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 13:08 - Nov 6 with 1649 viewsfactual_blue

Has [redacted] passed the guido baton on to you?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 13:14 - Nov 6 with 1632 viewsDarth_Koont

Political debate is an utter cesspit of misinformation and "narratives" at the moment.

FWIW I don't think the mention of Soros is antisemitic per se.He has a specific position that is utterly unconnected to his Jewishness. So much so that Soros is as likely to be called an antisemite by the Israeli government as the people who mention his name.

Pronouns: He/Him

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 13:22 - Nov 6 with 1606 viewslowhouseblue

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 13:14 - Nov 6 by Darth_Koont

Political debate is an utter cesspit of misinformation and "narratives" at the moment.

FWIW I don't think the mention of Soros is antisemitic per se.He has a specific position that is utterly unconnected to his Jewishness. So much so that Soros is as likely to be called an antisemite by the Israeli government as the people who mention his name.

bingo. denies something is anti-semitic per se (in essence); links it to israel. kapow.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 13:24 - Nov 6 with 1601 viewsXYZ

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 13:08 - Nov 6 by factual_blue

Has [redacted] passed the guido baton on to you?

Maybe, but my interpretation of the "guido baton" was "a tool with which one might beat guido".

He's been played by Banks along with many of his disciples.
Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 13:36 - Nov 6 with 1576 viewsfactual_blue

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 13:24 - Nov 6 by XYZ

Maybe, but my interpretation of the "guido baton" was "a tool with which one might beat guido".

He's been played by Banks along with many of his disciples.

This article is a joy

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/05/something-is-wrong-with-jo

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 13:55 - Nov 6 with 1547 viewsDarth_Koont

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 13:22 - Nov 6 by lowhouseblue

bingo. denies something is anti-semitic per se (in essence); links it to israel. kapow.

Do you really want to do this again?

Your accusations never lead anywhere.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 14:00]

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 16:11 - Nov 6 with 1464 viewsBlueBadger

'Soros' is the new code word for the shy antisemite, along with old-skoolers favourite 'the banks'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 17:09 - Nov 6 with 1406 viewsDarth_Koont

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 16:11 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

'Soros' is the new code word for the shy antisemite, along with old-skoolers favourite 'the banks'.

The Israelis are antisemites!?? They regularly talk about Soros and have called him an "enemy of the state".

"Soros" on its own or "the banks" or even "Goldman Sachs" on their own mean nothing antisemitic at all. They're far too representative of things that are completely unconnected to Jewishness. Yet, I've seen people jump on these single mentions as proof. Because they're stupid or they're just trying too hard to make it stick.

Login to get fewer ads

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 17:33 - Nov 6 with 1394 viewsBlueBadger

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 17:09 - Nov 6 by Darth_Koont

The Israelis are antisemites!?? They regularly talk about Soros and have called him an "enemy of the state".

"Soros" on its own or "the banks" or even "Goldman Sachs" on their own mean nothing antisemitic at all. They're far too representative of things that are completely unconnected to Jewishness. Yet, I've seen people jump on these single mentions as proof. Because they're stupid or they're just trying too hard to make it stick.

Remember yesterday when you were, justifiably, taking the piss out of someone making excuses for neo-nazis? Well, guess what?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 21:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 17:39 - Nov 6 with 1383 viewsbournemouthblue

Let's be honest

We all know the far-right have serious issues with Anti-Semitism and wider racism. Look at groups like National Action.

As for the right wing, the media don't seem to hold the same scrutiny to Tories and UKIP on items like Islamophobia which certainly occurs regularly

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 17:42 - Nov 6 with 1374 viewsBlueBadger

Coming from the likes of former Breitbart editor Kaseem, it's almost certainly antisemitic in its grounding.

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 17:45 - Nov 6 with 1366 viewsDarth_Koont

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 17:33 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

Remember yesterday when you were, justifiably, taking the piss out of someone making excuses for neo-nazis? Well, guess what?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 21:09]

You'll have to say it.

My approach to jonno and his nonsense is the same approach here, based on what's actually going on and being said. None of which denies antisemitism is real or lets antisemites off the hook.

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 17:54 - Nov 6 with 1357 viewsDarth_Koont

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 17:42 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

Coming from the likes of former Breitbart editor Kaseem, it's almost certainly antisemitic in its grounding.

I didn't know who he was or what else he's said and done. I didn't defend him either.

I'm questioning those other situations where people have blithely said that mentioning Soros is antisemitic. Happens on here and in the twittersphere all the time.

Like you saying it's a codeword for "Jew". Soros is also a codeword for Internationalist and pro-EU too or have I got a different codebook? Breitbart probably hates him on every level.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 17:56]

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 18:10 - Nov 6 with 1327 viewsBluesquid

Guido, Leave.EU, Arron Banks and anti-semitism on 16:11 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

So in your view would you say that this article in Rolling Stone is anti-semitic?

"The first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it’s everywhere. The world’s most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."

"The bank’s unprecedented reach and power have enabled it to turn all of America into a giant pump-and-dump scam, manipulating whole economic sectors for years at a time, moving the dice game as this or that market collapses, and all the time gorging itself on the unseen costs that are breaking families everywhere – high gas prices, rising consumer credit rates, half-eaten pension funds, mass layoffs, future taxes to pay off bailouts. All that money that you’re losing, it’s going somewhere, and in both a literal and a figurative sense, Goldman Sachs is where it’s going: The bank is a huge, highly sophisticated engine for converting the useful, deployed wealth of society into the least useful, most wasteful and insoluble substance on Earth – pure profit for rich individuals."

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/the-great-american-bubble-ma
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024