Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? 15:51 - Nov 6 with 2779 viewsGeoffSentence

Wifey has just put on a Christmas film and excused herself by saying that she waited until after fireworks day. To be fair to her I have often said that there should be no mention of Christmas until after November 5th.

Now I think I may have gone for it a bit early and Christmas shouldn't even be thought of before remembrance day.

Thoughts?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 15:52 - Nov 6 with 1964 viewsDanTheMan

Christmas Day.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 15:54 - Nov 6 with 1956 viewsGeoffSentence

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 15:52 - Nov 6 by DanTheMan

Christmas Day.

Bit late for me that one.

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 15:55 - Nov 6 with 1954 viewsKieran_Knows

Start of December.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:00 - Nov 6 with 1929 viewshoppy

Not until 9th December at the very earliest.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:00 - Nov 6 with 1926 viewsWD19

Between the ages of 2 and 9.
When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:01 - Nov 6 with 1924 viewsfooters

One of the saddest effects of the financial meltdown was the bloke who celebrates crimbo every day having to put a card through his letter box each day instead of posting it properly. That and his wife leaving him, I suppose.

And in reply to your question: crimbo 24/7 baby!
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 16:01]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:01 - Nov 6 with 1917 viewsRyorry

1st Dec.

Just twice switched radio stations who decided to have big chats about ********* (C word redacted).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:02 - Nov 6 with 1914 viewsGeoffSentence

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:00 - Nov 6 by hoppy

Not until 9th December at the very earliest.

I found out from one of my Canadian colleagues the other day, that every year there are heated arguments, mostly on the interweb, about whether it is acceptable to decorate your house for Christmas before remembrance day, or if you should wait until afterwards.

Login to get fewer ads

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:03 - Nov 6 with 1905 viewsGeoffSentence

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:00 - Nov 6 by WD19

Between the ages of 2 and 9.

Yah miserable old fwcker

Christmas is for everyone.

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:08 - Nov 6 with 1896 viewsReuser_is_God

There are the ‘12 days of christmas’ for a reason.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:09 - Nov 6 with 1887 viewsStokieBlue

Today - I had a Pret Christmas sandwich for lunch.

Was lovely.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:09 - Nov 6 with 1880 viewsITFC_Forever

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:08 - Nov 6 by Reuser_is_God

The 12 days of Christmas are for after Christmas Day - through to 6th Jan when all decorations should be down by.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:10 - Nov 6 with 1874 viewsDeano69

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 15:52 - Nov 6 by DanTheMan

Christmas Day.

Christmas Eve, you Humbug!!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:11 - Nov 6 with 1874 viewsITFC_Forever

1st December - start of advent.

It has started to creep in to November over the years, but it certainly should not be before Remembrance Day.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:11 - Nov 6 with 1863 viewsReuser_is_God

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:09 - Nov 6 by ITFC_Forever

The 12 days of Christmas are for after Christmas Day - through to 6th Jan when all decorations should be down by.

I see.

Perhaps 12 days before then so 13th.

Evans out

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:14 - Nov 6 with 1841 viewsDeano69

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:08 - Nov 6 by Reuser_is_God

and November isn't one of them

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:14 - Nov 6 with 1841 viewshomer_123

Did have some mince pies with cream yesterday.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:15 - Nov 6 with 1840 viewsJakeITFC

I actually love Christmas, so I'm happy for it to happen from whenever really.
When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:21 - Nov 6 with 1817 viewsbrazil1982

1st December. I have started my shopping, but mainly for budget reasons.
When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:23 - Nov 6 with 1811 viewsKieran_Knows

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:21 - Nov 6 by brazil1982

1st December. I have started my shopping, but mainly for budget reasons.

I'm the same with regards to shopping this year. Going Westfield this Saturday to hopefully finish it in one hit as I know December is going to be an expensive month.

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:28 - Nov 6 with 1802 viewsGeoffSentence

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:23 - Nov 6 by Kieran_Knows

I'm the same with regards to shopping this year. Going Westfield this Saturday to hopefully finish it in one hit as I know December is going to be an expensive month.

For the last few years, our families have agreed to only get each other stuff from charity shops, except for our own kids pressies. It works really well, keeps the cost down and you end up thinking really hard about what would suit someone so it becomes more personal.

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:33 - Nov 6 with 1787 viewsKieran_Knows

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:28 - Nov 6 by GeoffSentence

For the last few years, our families have agreed to only get each other stuff from charity shops, except for our own kids pressies. It works really well, keeps the cost down and you end up thinking really hard about what would suit someone so it becomes more personal.

That sounds a good idea. Me and the missus the past couple of years have set ourselves our budget for one another as it was getting silly before that. After that I've only got my parents to buy for (me and the missus buy our own presents for each of our parents), but it's been a tough year moving in to our first home together and we've got some more upcoming work being done on the property so it's a little tightening of the belt as they say!

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:35 - Nov 6 with 1774 viewsReuser_is_God

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:28 - Nov 6 by GeoffSentence

We do a secret Santa amongst the adults so you only end up buying one person a present rather than 15-20.

Then just buy for kids. Works well.

Evans out

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 17:27 - Nov 6 with 1703 viewsJ2BLUE

I am a miserable bastard but I have a real soft spot for Christmas. Go and make your wife a hot chocolate with marshmallows and watch it with her.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 18:21 - Nov 6 with 1638 viewsjeera

When is it acceptable to get Christmassy? on 16:10 - Nov 6 by Deano69

Christmas Eve, you Humbug!!

I'm in the Xmas Eve camp.

2 full days though, everything, and I mean all non-essentials, should be closed down.

Then everything that even resembles anything Christmassy should come come down the day after Boxing Day.

The one after that if a decent excuse can be provided. In writing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024