Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday 16:28 - Nov 6 with 3352 viewsunstableblue

discuss?

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 17:26 - Nov 6 with 3263 viewsericclacton

You is dis custard, you are a bowl of dis custard, you are cussing dis custard.............Fuel.

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 19:07 - Nov 6 with 3132 viewsNazemariner

He lined up his wall to cover to his left, and then dived late as if surprised that it went to side he was supposed to be covering. Didn’t cover himself in glory, but Gallagher is very good from set pieces like that.
Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 19:10 - Nov 6 with 3125 viewswkj

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 17:26 - Nov 6 by ericclacton

You is dis custard, you are a bowl of dis custard, you are cussing dis custard.............Fuel.

A bowl of custard in Diss

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 19:27 - Nov 6 with 3070 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Don't the k that is necessarily true, was a bit of a lose lose situation, ball was central, he could have easily gone either way Gallagher is that good a set pieces, there were about 8 people in the wall so would imagine he didn't see the ball until very very late.
No negativity towards Bart for that at all.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 19:41 - Nov 6 with 3030 viewsTractorWood

Bit harsh. Gallagher is decent and it was a nice set piece.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 20:17 - Nov 6 with 2950 viewsbournemouthblue

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 19:07 - Nov 6 by Nazemariner

He lined up his wall to cover to his left, and then dived late as if surprised that it went to side he was supposed to be covering. Didn’t cover himself in glory, but Gallagher is very good from set pieces like that.

He particularly likes scoring against us too

I believe we were linked with him under Jewell? That probably would have been a handy signing

He always struck me as a bit Lee Martin like but with some actual quality and some actual football intelligence

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 20:21 - Nov 6 with 2938 viewsEastKentBlue

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 20:17 - Nov 6 by bournemouthblue

He particularly likes scoring against us too

I believe we were linked with him under Jewell? That probably would have been a handy signing

He always struck me as a bit Lee Martin like but with some actual quality and some actual football intelligence

so nothing like Lee Martin then!!
Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 20:22 - Nov 6 with 2936 viewsRomeo4

He set his wall up and then stood too close to it. Invited Gallagher too much space and made it easier to score. Should have stood further towards his right post and challenged Gallagher to get it up & down over the wall (a much harder free kick from there)

Top keeper though. Much happier now he’s back in the team.
Login to get fewer ads

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 20:42 - Nov 6 with 2898 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 21:28 - Nov 6 with 2818 viewsBlueBoots

Did anyone commenting on this thread actually see the goal? Bart lined up his wall correctly to cover that side of the goal - can't blame him for Chambers being pushed out of the way to make the gap for Gallagher to pick out that bottom corner...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 22:14 - Nov 6 with 2711 viewsRomeo4

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 21:28 - Nov 6 by BlueBoots

Did anyone commenting on this thread actually see the goal? Bart lined up his wall correctly to cover that side of the goal - can't blame him for Chambers being pushed out of the way to make the gap for Gallagher to pick out that bottom corner...

BlueBoots you inspired me to watch the highlights back for the first time since Saturday. I can see now that Chambers being forcibly removed from the end of the wall created the space for the clear shot on goal. I hadn’t noticed that from my position in the crowd. I therefore withdraw my previous comment and absolve Bart from any blame. Humbly apologise for my oversight.

Top keeper. We need him at his best for the rest of the season if we’ve any chance of survival.
I was also thinking about the kicking and general play.. on 09:28 - Nov 7 with 2472 viewsunstableblue

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 22:14 - Nov 6 by Romeo4

BlueBoots you inspired me to watch the highlights back for the first time since Saturday. I can see now that Chambers being forcibly removed from the end of the wall created the space for the clear shot on goal. I hadn’t noticed that from my position in the crowd. I therefore withdraw my previous comment and absolve Bart from any blame. Humbly apologise for my oversight.

Top keeper. We need him at his best for the rest of the season if we’ve any chance of survival.

... which was deemed weak.. not just the free kick.

Which I agree was just quality.

No coincidence that Lambert has brought in a new goalkeeper coach (a coup it seems) so he clearly believes things can improve in that position!!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

I was also thinking about the kicking and general play.. on 09:38 - Nov 7 with 2459 viewsPJH

I was also thinking about the kicking and general play.. on 09:28 - Nov 7 by unstableblue

... which was deemed weak.. not just the free kick.

Which I agree was just quality.

No coincidence that Lambert has brought in a new goalkeeper coach (a coup it seems) so he clearly believes things can improve in that position!!

Bart this season so far has looked a no better than ordinary keeper although we know that he is far more than that from his performances over the previous 30 months.
Something has caused this apparent loss of form and confidence and the most obvious thing is Malcolm Webster's retirement although as Darren Smith worked under Webster you would assume that his coaching methods were similar.
Hopefully the arrival of Jimmy Walker will be the spark that Bart needs to get him back to his best because we need everyone at their best in the next few months.
Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 09:42 - Nov 7 with 2444 viewsDarth_Koont

Bart let Lambert down a bit on Saturday on 21:28 - Nov 6 by BlueBoots

Indeed. Without the foul on Chambers, I'm not sure if Gallagher could have hit the ball on that line and especially that height. Looked totally rehearsed to manufacture that space.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024