Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" 22:29 - Nov 6 with 8812 viewsGeoffSentence

that is one phrase I didnt think I would hear again.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 22:33 - Nov 6 with 7451 viewsRomeo4

Having Huws back would be like new signing. Could make a big difference for us.
EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 22:37 - Nov 6 with 7430 viewsMelford

I'm not suggesting that they were shirking in any way but I reckon they were biding their time until Hurst's sh!tshow had left town, if you hadn't kicked a ball for a year and needed a few games to get up to top fitness going into that shambles wasn't going to do you any favours.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

I hope not.... on 22:38 - Nov 6 with 7419 viewsBloots

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 22:33 - Nov 6 by Romeo4

Having Huws back would be like new signing. Could make a big difference for us.

....the vast majority of our new signings have been utter crap.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 23:20 - Nov 6 with 7303 viewsfergalsharkey

Bishop will be injured again by Saturday as he is made of cardboard.

Just not robust enough.

Poll: Cook out?

EADT - on 00:13 - Nov 7 with 7226 viewsbournemouthblue

And great as that is

Their next challenge is to remain fit for a sustained length of time

Huws in particular is likely to be the difference between us staying up and going down
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 0:14]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 01:52 - Nov 7 with 7155 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Imagine January onwards.

Bialkowski
Spence - Pennington - Chambers - Knudsen
Bishop - Skuse - Huws
Edwards - D Murphy - Judge

That team wouldn't get relegated if we had that since August.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 05:48 - Nov 7 with 7080 viewsbrogansnose

Is this what they call fake news ?
EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 06:33 - Nov 7 with 7021 viewsKeaneish

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 01:52 - Nov 7 by TheTrueBlue1878

Imagine January onwards.

Bialkowski
Bishop - Skuse - Huws

You think Spence at right back is a long term solution to avoid relegation?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 07:01 - Nov 7 with 6966 viewschristiand

If we could get Adeyemi fit and firing as well, all three of them would make a huge difference to us especially in our current plight.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 07:56 - Nov 7 with 6836 viewshampstead_blue

Maybe we have to accept these players are fragile and should have a less intense training program.

Just a thought.

Plenty of players have had reduced training over the years. Maybe these two should be considered in that camp.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 09:15 - Nov 7 with 6686 viewsSamWhiteUK

Imagine January onwards.

Bialkowski
Bishop - Skuse - Huws

Spence, pah
EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 09:30 - Nov 7 with 6643 viewsclive_baker

Imagine January onwards.

Bialkowski
Bishop - Skuse - Huws

If Spence and Knudsen are our full backs beyond January I would be amazed.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 09:36 - Nov 7 with 6615 viewsWallingford_Boy

Imagine January onwards.

Bialkowski
Bishop - Skuse - Huws

Pennington is obviously quality, but the rest of that back four is not Championship standard.

Never mind scoring goals, we need to stop conceding them first!

RIP Sir Bobby

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 09:43 - Nov 7 with 6586 viewsPositivelyPortman

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 07:01 - Nov 7 by christiand

If we could get Adeyemi fit and firing as well, all three of them would make a huge difference to us especially in our current plight.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 10:03 - Nov 7 with 6530 viewsBackToRussia

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 09:43 - Nov 7 by PositivelyPortman

You're not very positive!

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 10:08 - Nov 7 with 6529 viewsPhilTWTD

Although a little premature as things stand, Bishop having played 45 mins of an U23s match and Huws not even having reached that point yet.
EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 11:15 - Nov 7 with 6351 viewsStadiumofdark

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 10:08 - Nov 7 by PhilTWTD

Although a little premature as things stand, Bishop having played 45 mins of an U23s match and Huws not even having reached that point yet.

Yes, on that basis, I'd be classed as fit.

I've not been on a football pitch for 20years
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:24 - Nov 7 with 6317 viewsGluedtoBlue

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 09:36 - Nov 7 by Wallingford_Boy

Pennington is obviously quality, but the rest of that back four is not Championship standard.

Chambers and Knudsen have been near ever present in a mid table championship team for the last few years. How you can say they're not up to standard is laughable.

A defensive unit can be organised on the training ground. Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do and that's why we'll have a battle on our hands.

It would be nice to see some clean sheets though but when a team is struggling to score that puts more pressure on keeping the ball out, which leads to dropping deeper, panic and inevitably mistakes....but form is only temporary and any of that back 4 can play at this level.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 11:29]

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 11:38 - Nov 7 with 6263 viewsRadlett_blue

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 07:56 - Nov 7 by hampstead_blue

Maybe we have to accept these players are fragile and should have a less intense training program.

Just a thought.

Plenty of players have had reduced training over the years. Maybe these two should be considered in that camp.

Or, you don't start them every week. McGoldrick is doing well for the Blunts, but they are using him sparingly. If we still had him, bet he would be playing every week until he got injured.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 11:59 - Nov 7 with 6209 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 06:33 - Nov 7 by Keaneish

You think Spence at right back is a long term solution to avoid relegation?

Im not kidding anyone by thinking he's the next Kyle Walker, but I thought he was good in Paul Lamberts first game, so he deserves to keep his shirt until otherwise. Think Lambert likes the fact he now has a lot of championship experience, probably something we need in the current situation.

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 12:00 - Nov 7 with 6204 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 09:30 - Nov 7 by clive_baker

If Spence and Knudsen are our full backs beyond January I would be amazed.

I agree entirely, but unless Evans cash's in, I've heard there both going at the end of the season at the moment. So don't there will be replacement in them specific positions until the summer.

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 12:19 - Nov 7 with 6150 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 07:56 - Nov 7 by hampstead_blue

Just a thought.

Play either one every other game - so they can recover from it
EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 12:26 - Nov 7 with 6124 viewsSuperblue95

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 09:36 - Nov 7 by Wallingford_Boy

So Luke Chambers isn't championship quality despite playing virtually his whole career at this level? He may not be the best centre half in this league but if we were to leave him out of the team we may as well accept relegation now

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 12:31 - Nov 7 with 6113 viewsGluedtoBlue

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 12:26 - Nov 7 by Superblue95

So Luke Chambers isn't championship quality despite playing virtually his whole career at this level? He may not be the best centre half in this league but if we were to leave him out of the team we may as well accept relegation now

I know. Isn't it nonsense?

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 12:32 - Nov 7 with 6107 viewsWallingford_Boy

EADT - "fit-again duo Huws and Bishop" on 12:26 - Nov 7 by Superblue95

Its a different league now boy!

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024