Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... 10:22 - Nov 8 with 4258 viewsBloots

....the cute videos from training, the past players meeting the manager. the good news stories in the local press, the happy-go-lucky new goalie coach, the quotes from Lambo about injecting fun into the squad etc, etc.

Is it a change of direction?

Or is it just an ME marketing ploy to appease the fans, in the same way that his "address the nation" speech earlier in the year convinced the pitchfork wavers that all was well?

(or am I just a miserable old cynic?)

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:23 - Nov 8 with 3765 viewsGeoffSentence

All of the above.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:26 - Nov 8 with 3746 viewsjjblue84

Evans lurches from crisis to crisis, he gave none of this support to Hurst!
All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:29 - Nov 8 with 3730 viewstextbackup

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:26 - Nov 8 by jjblue84

How didn’t he give hurst support?
I’m sure PL has made these things happen, off his own back

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:30 - Nov 8 with 3736 viewsSteve_M

The evidently positive reception from the players is, I presume, completely unfeigned. Most of the rest of it is small things done well, obvious things that the club should do more of but clearly can't be arsed with (or no-one will sign off as ME is absent).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:32 - Nov 8 with 3713 viewsGuthrum

It's necessary. After the bitterness surrounding McCarthy's exit and the Hurst disaster, something was badly needed to get the fans back onside for the struggle ahead. I'm sure Lambert is astute enough to realise that himself.

The really hard work to change direction will be done away from the cameras, on the training pitch and in planning sessions. The fruits of that, in the form of results, will be the real evidence of movement in the right direction.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:32 - Nov 8 with 3711 viewsElephantintheRoom

Given the lack of PR or indeed support structure of any sort for a football manager at Portman Road I suspect this is just a bit of pragmatic common sense from Lambert. It's not rocket science and is a win-win. Gullible supporters are charmed, olde players will be on board (at least in the short term) - and the response in the squad can only be positive. Given that Lambert has to actually manage with what he has got, his approach so far is admirable - but also calculating and pragmatic. All in all rather impressive. Evans may have found a manager - albeit one who likes to jump ship somewhat regularly.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:33 - Nov 8 with 3697 viewsjjblue84

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:29 - Nov 8 by textbackup

I very much doubt PL is in charge of PR, that sounds like BS!
And that's really my question I guess..... on 10:51 - Nov 8 with 3647 viewsBloots

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:29 - Nov 8 by textbackup

....did Lambo decide or did Evans say:

"Look Jock, I made a massive fook up with the last div and the fans all hate me. I'm going to send a few of the old gits down to have a wander around the training ground, just pretend you're pleased to see them there's going to be cameras there. That'll keep the farmhands off my back for a few months"

"Make sure you keep telling them how much fun you are to work for, get a new goalie coach in, preferably one that's a bit of a character. I'll chuck a few stories to the numbnuts at the EADT about Chambo being a solid geezer"

"I'm never going to be able to flog this bumwipe of a club the way this is going"

"Do it or you can sod off too".
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 10:52]

Login to get fewer ads

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:52 - Nov 8 with 3634 viewshomer_123

It's all great but moot if we don't win games.

I view this no differently to the Evans video in that it was interesting to know but I don't hold anything by it. Same here - the only thing that matters right now is results.

If this helps the team get results, it's no bad thing at all.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

And that's really my question I guess..... on 10:57 - Nov 8 with 3618 viewsitfcjoe

And that's really my question I guess..... on 10:51 - Nov 8 by Bloots

....did Lambo decide or did Evans say:

"Look Jock, I made a massive fook up with the last div and the fans all hate me. I'm going to send a few of the old gits down to have a wander around the training ground, just pretend you're pleased to see them there's going to be cameras there. That'll keep the farmhands off my back for a few months"

"Make sure you keep telling them how much fun you are to work for, get a new goalie coach in, preferably one that's a bit of a character. I'll chuck a few stories to the numbnuts at the EADT about Chambo being a solid geezer"

"I'm never going to be able to flog this bumwipe of a club the way this is going"

"Do it or you can sod off too".
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 10:52]

I spoke to JW on Saturday and he said PL had phoned Butch of his own back about it.

I can’t imagine ME would be able to dictate to PL that he has to have press team film and release training sessions.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 11:01 - Nov 8 with 3571 viewsNo9

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:23 - Nov 8 by GeoffSentence

All of the above.

Agreed, one of PL;s tasks must have been to re-build bridges
And that's really my question I guess..... on 11:02 - Nov 8 with 3576 viewsPhilTWTD

And that's really my question I guess..... on 10:57 - Nov 8 by itfcjoe

I spoke to JW on Saturday and he said PL had phoned Butch of his own back about it.

I can’t imagine ME would be able to dictate to PL that he has to have press team film and release training sessions.

Terry said that on the radio as well, said he and PL know each other from having worked together in the past.

Butcher: Lambert to Meet Blues Legends 6th Nov 2018 15:23
Terry Butcher has revealed new manager Paul Lambert is planning to meet up with the former England skipper and other Blues stars of the past to hear their thoughts on Town. 41

Agree, the things cited won't have come from ME. Think the press office will have instigated the filming of training last week (I assume as the local TV media asked for it) and they were down there yesterday to film the legends. Would surprise me if filming training became a regular thing.
Phillip, do you know if..... on 11:09 - Nov 8 with 3531 viewsBloots

And that's really my question I guess..... on 11:02 - Nov 8 by PhilTWTD

Terry said that on the radio as well, said he and PL know each other from having worked together in the past.

Butcher: Lambert to Meet Blues Legends 6th Nov 2018 15:23
Terry Butcher has revealed new manager Paul Lambert is planning to meet up with the former England skipper and other Blues stars of the past to hear their thoughts on Town. 41

Agree, the things cited won't have come from ME. Think the press office will have instigated the filming of training last week (I assume as the local TV media asked for it) and they were down there yesterday to film the legends. Would surprise me if filming training became a regular thing.

....Mills has taken up his invite?

Obvously given his media work it would be interesting to hear.

Phillip, do you know if..... on 11:12 - Nov 8 with 3509 viewsPhilTWTD

Phillip, do you know if..... on 11:09 - Nov 8 by Bloots

....Mills has taken up his invite?

Obvously given his media work it would be interesting to hear.

I'll ask him, I assume he'll be at Reading on Saturday.
All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 11:21 - Nov 8 with 3466 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Don't think Paul Lambert is the kind of man who will be told what and how to do things, far too experienced, far too long in the tooth. These actions I believe are genuine, Lambert has found the fire in his belly again after a few indifferent clubs (Stoke, Wolves, Blackburn, Villa). This is a long term project and i'm loving it already.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

One thing people tend to forget on 11:27 - Nov 8 with 3444 viewsGuthrum

despite Lambert himself having previously alluded to it, is that these men were footballing heroes from the time of his childhood, when he was just coming into the system himself. Quite apart from any practical considerations, who wouldn't want to have lunch with Burley, Butcher and Wark?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One thing people tend to forget on 11:30 - Nov 8 with 3410 viewsPJH

One thing people tend to forget on 11:27 - Nov 8 by Guthrum

despite Lambert himself having previously alluded to it, is that these men were footballing heroes from the time of his childhood, when he was just coming into the system himself. Quite apart from any practical considerations, who wouldn't want to have lunch with Burley, Butcher and Wark?

Yes a lot of people like BBW.
One thing people tend to forget on 11:58 - Nov 8 with 3307 viewsfactual_blue

One thing people tend to forget on 11:30 - Nov 8 by PJH

Yes a lot of people like BBW.

A year or so before I left work, I had to visit an outsourced provider's new site in Kidderminster. The provider was Balfour Beatty Workplace. I was having trouble getting the right address for this brand new industrial unit.

I had to email our IT security people to explain the Google results I'd got when I'd searched for 'BBW in Kidderminster'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

One thing people tend to forget on 12:02 - Nov 8 with 3276 viewsPJH

One thing people tend to forget on 11:58 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

A year or so before I left work, I had to visit an outsourced provider's new site in Kidderminster. The provider was Balfour Beatty Workplace. I was having trouble getting the right address for this brand new industrial unit.

I had to email our IT security people to explain the Google results I'd got when I'd searched for 'BBW in Kidderminster'

But did you find her?
One thing people tend to forget on 12:07 - Nov 8 with 3259 viewsfactual_blue

One thing people tend to forget on 12:02 - Nov 8 by PJH

But did you find her?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 12:07 - Nov 8 with 3260 viewsLeagueOne

It's been a breath of fresh air to be honest whoever is behind it.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 12:11 - Nov 8 with 3235 viewsLeagueOne

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 10:26 - Nov 8 by jjblue84

Aside from hiring a relatively unknown manager and giving him his biggest ever chance in football..

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 12:55 - Nov 8 with 3098 viewsjjblue84

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 12:11 - Nov 8 by LeagueOne

Aside from hiring a relatively unknown manager and giving him his biggest ever chance in football..

So he hired him them. Could he give less support to an Ipswich manager than that??
One thing people tend to forget on 13:52 - Nov 8 with 2958 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

One thing people tend to forget on 11:27 - Nov 8 by Guthrum

to name a few...

Keane, Jewell, MM & Hurst seemingly. ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

All this amazing PR coming out of the club...... on 14:05 - Nov 8 with 2902 viewsmonty_radio

But it's not surprising in our thoroughly scrutinised era that the things that look good may also be the things that work.

Getting our superheroes onside means less sniping from the back-benchers besides them probably having some decent insight to offer.

Showing footage of a Champions League winning midfielder guiding a young, sometimes hot-headed-in-his-decision-making tyro like Chalobah into where to position himself is good copy, but also very good to copy.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024