Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? 21:41 - Nov 8 with 25295 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Pixies - Doolittle album is outstanding.

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 21:42 - Nov 8 with 10133 viewsCurrie10

Coldplay - bang average at best.

Underrated - great question.
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 21:45 - Nov 8 with 10124 viewsSuperblue95

The cheeky girls

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 21:47 - Nov 8 with 10117 viewsWeWereZombies

For me it's between Caravan and Comsat Angels.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 21:48 - Nov 8 with 10117 viewsBlueorder

Kid Creole and the coconuts.
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 21:54 - Nov 8 with 10097 viewsBinner

SAHB

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 21:54 - Nov 8 with 10096 viewsMelford

Teenage Fanclub. Nearly 30 years now and never released a bad album, both Kurt Cobain and Liam Gallagher proclaimed them as the best band in the world. Critical darlings but they never were as massive as they should have been. I'm off to London for 3 nights to watch them next week

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 21:58 - Nov 8 with 10087 viewsfactual_blue

The Hank Wangford Band

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:00 - Nov 8 with 10084 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

From the 70,s, Tom Robinson Band. Power in the Darkness was/is a cracking album & they were brilliant live.
More recently, Airbourne, Aussie hard rockers, think AC/DC on acid.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:01 - Nov 8 with 10079 viewsSuperfrans

Can. Hugely influential. Never get the credit they deserve.
Ege Bamyasi is a masterpiece.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:02 - Nov 8 with 10075 viewsgtsb

Squeeze
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:11 - Nov 8 with 10041 viewsnodge_blue

Not under rated in my world. One of the best bands ever. Saw them in Camden last week and their stuff sounds as fresh as ever.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:13 - Nov 8 with 10031 viewsScuzzer

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 21:54 - Nov 8 by Binner

SAHB

Now yer talkin.
Next......

Established 1968

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:15 - Nov 8 with 10024 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ruby Cruiser. Had one awesome album called 12 Short Stories (which was exactly that). Indie-guitar rock with a Beach Boys tinge and quirky lyrics and song titles like, "The School Senior Lowlifes Finally Get Some Sex" and "I'll Take No.42, No.11 And May I Have Some Sympathy Please Sarah."

Should've been huge but disappeared without trace after their record company went bust.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:22 - Nov 8 with 10005 viewsScuzzer

Over = Radiohead
Under = World Party

Established 1968

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:27 - Nov 8 with 9997 viewsLord_Lucan

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:00 - Nov 8 by StochesStotasBlewe

From the 70,s, Tom Robinson Band. Power in the Darkness was/is a cracking album & they were brilliant live.
More recently, Airbourne, Aussie hard rockers, think AC/DC on acid.

Agree with TRB, I was a massive fan. Also agree with GTSB with Squeeze. Squeeze were - and are - absolutely fantastic and the lyrics are right up there.

I'll add The Ozric Tentacles.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:27 - Nov 8 with 9992 viewsMelford

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:28 - Nov 8 with 9991 viewsTrequartista

Prefer Bossanova

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:35 - Nov 8 with 9969 viewsBlueyandCrazy

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:22 - Nov 8 by Scuzzer

Over = Radiohead
Under = World Party

World Party certainly a good shout.

Never really got the critical aclaim deserved let alone commercial success....
Going back a bit further Prefab Sprout also fall into that category.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:39 - Nov 8 with 9957 viewsFootballpete

Guided By Voices

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:41 - Nov 8 with 9949 viewsBinner

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:13 - Nov 8 by Scuzzer

Now yer talkin.
Next......

Next...

George Thorogood & The Destroyers.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:44 - Nov 8 with 9945 viewsEwan_Oozami

Overrated:Blur
Underrated: XTC or The Icicle works

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:54 - Nov 8 with 9920 viewsSWGF

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:27 - Nov 8 by Lord_Lucan

Agree with TRB, I was a massive fan. Also agree with GTSB with Squeeze. Squeeze were - and are - absolutely fantastic and the lyrics are right up there.

I'll add The Ozric Tentacles.

Saw Tilbrook in Colchester last week. Difford is also touring.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 23:03 - Nov 8 with 9898 viewsjaykay

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 23:03 - Nov 8 with 9897 viewsMelford

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 22:44 - Nov 8 by Ewan_Oozami

Overrated:Blur
Underrated: XTC or The Icicle works

XTC definitely. This, from their later work is ***king lovely

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 00:03 - Nov 9 with 9850 viewsawayfan

Everything But The Girl
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024