Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow 09:18 - Nov 10 with 1302 viewsSwansea_Blue

Has tackled knife crime and gangs. Khan is apparently looking to them for ideas.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-gripped-knife-crime-heres-13565052

I hadn’t realised Glasgow had been through this and how successful they’ve been in reducing knife murders to practically zero. I’ve no idea whether the situation in London would respond to the same measures, but must be worth a look.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 09:31 - Nov 10 with 1266 viewsSuperblue95

Why use a knife when you can spread the love with a Glaswegian Kiss

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:02 - Nov 10 with 1252 viewsSwansea_Blue

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 09:31 - Nov 10 by Superblue95

Why use a knife when you can spread the love with a Glaswegian Kiss

Ha! Bloody cynic.

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:20 - Nov 10 with 1235 viewsjjblue84

What they are trying to say in a flowery language is the police threatened to smash into their homes if they carried on and they tripled the punishment for carrying knives. Deterrent works and always has done!!
Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:23 - Nov 10 with 1229 viewsBasuco

I heard a bloke talk about this on the radio a month or two ago, it was very interesting how they went about it.
Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:25 - Nov 10 with 1222 viewsnoggin

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:20 - Nov 10 by jjblue84

What they are trying to say in a flowery language is the police threatened to smash into their homes if they carried on and they tripled the punishment for carrying knives. Deterrent works and always has done!!

See America for proof that it doesn't.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:28 - Nov 10 with 1211 viewsjjblue84

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:25 - Nov 10 by noggin

See America for proof that it doesn't.

Really?? The crackdown in New York City is one of the shining examples!
Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:33 - Nov 10 with 1192 viewsSwansea_Blue

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:20 - Nov 10 by jjblue84

A stick is only part of the solution though. There seems to be plenty of carrot too.

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:48 - Nov 10 with 1176 viewsHerbivore

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:28 - Nov 10 by jjblue84

Really?? The crackdown in New York City is one of the shining examples!

The police in New York have virtually stopped using stop and search, are making fewer arrests, and are using less deadly force. They are not a good example of how 'getting tough' works, they are an example of how doing the opposite of that and focusing on community policing and tackling gang culture are much more effective than pure brute force.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 11:21 - Nov 10 with 1154 viewsjjblue84

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 10:48 - Nov 10 by Herbivore

The police in New York have virtually stopped using stop and search, are making fewer arrests, and are using less deadly force. They are not a good example of how 'getting tough' works, they are an example of how doing the opposite of that and focusing on community policing and tackling gang culture are much more effective than pure brute force.

Why isn’t a major reduction in crime a good example of how that policy worked???
Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 11:22 - Nov 10 with 1149 viewsHerbivore

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 11:21 - Nov 10 by jjblue84

Why isn’t a major reduction in crime a good example of how that policy worked???

Ffs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 11:56 - Nov 10 with 1094 viewsBlueBadger

As always, the 'don't read the comments' warning applies here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Great article in the Mirror this morning about how Glasgow on 13:01 - Nov 10 with 1052 viewsLord_Lucan

I can't see how Khan will have the time, he spends most hours hob nobbing with the rich and famous.

With regards to the posts about New York, the first thing Rudy Giuliani did was bundle up all the homeless, beggars, waifs and strays and n'er do wells into trucks and dropped them into the middle of nowhere in the Mid West.

They have a very tough policing policy now in Manhattan, misbehave at your peril and they have a massive visible police presence, when I was there there seemed to be a cop car on every street.

I can't comment on what goes on in Brooklyn or Queens as I have never been there.

As for London and the rest of the UK it is basically gang and drug related stabbings so you need to smash the gangs but we haven't got a big enough police force due to massive cuts. The police need more investment, that is the bottom line.

These gangs are also grooming girls in a not dissimilar way to the Pakistani grooming gangs.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024