Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. 18:34 - Nov 10 with 20597 viewsLeagueOne

Chances are. Before I get onto that, a huge credit to Paul Lambert for coming in and shoving a rocket up the backside of the team to even get it to the point we can draw a game. He's done incredible things in a short amount of time, but sadly the toxic mix of aging average players combined with the incomers from the third and fourth divisions has effectively killed us as a Championship club.

We had to win these two games and despite all the effort, we are not good enough. There is no way Evans is going to start investing big in January to provide the kind of radical change we need to stay up. I'd say we were relegated today - it seems like a negative statement but I cannot see this side winning another game, let alone staying in this league.

As for the future, well first things first the blood is on Evans hands. Years of cuts and underspending has led us into this mess and he needs to take full responsibility. As for the future, I doubt Lambert will stick here when we drop, he's too good for that to be frank and with the lack of investment he will undoubtedly get in the summer he will know, like many of us do, that we're another Coventry and we'll likely never play at this level again when we do drop. Again, bloods on Evans hands here.

Sorry to be so negative - I just cannot see a rosey path out of this one. I hope I am wrong, but the results do not lie, we've won 1 game this season and 7 games total this year. It's an absolute disaster.

To think, we beat that same Reading side 0-4 at their place in just April ...

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 18:36 - Nov 10 with 10974 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Decent effort. 6/10.

Poll: Best Football Song

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 18:37 - Nov 10 with 10960 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hadn't we drawn 6 and won 1 under the previous manager?

Give Lambert a chance. He is currently the manager with our worst ever win percentage. I trust he won't be soon.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 18:41 - Nov 10 with 10904 viewsJ2BLUE

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Quick on 18:41 - Nov 10 with 10917 viewswaveneyblue

Send a message to the Football League, saying we're forfeiting the rest of our games....

I saw enough today to say there's still life in us yet..
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 18:42 - Nov 10 with 10906 viewsBlueastheycome

U kk Hun? X o x o
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 18:42 - Nov 10 with 10889 viewsDarth_Koont

Your title is absolute nonsense.

Pronouns: He/Him

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 20:04 - Nov 10 with 10558 viewsfergalsharkey

I agree 100% with this post.
Had we appointed this guy in the summer we would be nowhere near this position now.
But hey........worse things happen in life believe me.

Poll: Cook out?

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 20:17 - Nov 10 with 10412 viewsTheSelkirk

Well, we've got a better chance of staying up now than we did a couple of weeks ago.

At least there's some hope.
Login to get fewer ads

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 20:19 - Nov 10 with 10398 viewsGuthrum

For one thing, it wasn't the same Reading side. That one was so desperately fragile they fell apart as soon as we broke through.

For another, we did not 'have' to win this game, or the last, or even the next. "Relegation six-pointers" are an illusory concept at this stage of the season. Other teams will deny our rivals points and the way things are progressing, we'll pick up wins against others, too.

If anything, today proved we have the makings of a highly competitive squad, who can score at least some goals and keep the opposition penned in their own half for most of 45 minutes.

We need a couple of additions. What we do not need is yet more radical overhauls. An unchanged squad announced and boy did that show on the pitch. Players were confident in passing, knew their positions (at least until they ran out of steam).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 20:23 - Nov 10 with 10348 viewsDarth_Koont

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 20:19 - Nov 10 by Guthrum

For one thing, it wasn't the same Reading side. That one was so desperately fragile they fell apart as soon as we broke through.

For another, we did not 'have' to win this game, or the last, or even the next. "Relegation six-pointers" are an illusory concept at this stage of the season. Other teams will deny our rivals points and the way things are progressing, we'll pick up wins against others, too.

If anything, today proved we have the makings of a highly competitive squad, who can score at least some goals and keep the opposition penned in their own half for most of 45 minutes.

We need a couple of additions. What we do not need is yet more radical overhauls. An unchanged squad announced and boy did that show on the pitch. Players were confident in passing, knew their positions (at least until they ran out of steam).

Well said. Preston was a step in the right direction and so was today.

We've had two games we coulda/shoulda won but we weren't really close to losing them either. That's a massive advance already.

Pronouns: He/Him

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 20:55 - Nov 10 with 10198 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 20:19 - Nov 10 by Guthrum

I'd add that the team were confident in pressing too. Not seen us do that since last April.

We are not League 1 bound. If we were 15 points away from 4th from bottom place then we might well be. But we are only FIVE points from safety. Two or three wins and we might pull ourselves out of this mess.

I do agree those wind do need to happen soon. We don't want the points gap to grow anymore than it has.
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 21:02 - Nov 10 with 10149 viewsMaySixth

Did you go?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 21:08 - Nov 10 with 10116 viewsGuthrum

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 20:55 - Nov 10 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

I'd add that the team were confident in pressing too. Not seen us do that since last April.

We are not League 1 bound. If we were 15 points away from 4th from bottom place then we might well be. But we are only FIVE points from safety. Two or three wins and we might pull ourselves out of this mess.

I do agree those wind do need to happen soon. We don't want the points gap to grow anymore than it has.

While the gap is the same as it was this morning, there are now four teams stacked above us, all on the same points. Catch them up and we can vault a fair way up the table in one leap.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 21:10 - Nov 10 with 10100 views3_5_2

What a load of total bollx

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 21:14 - Nov 10 with 10082 viewsxrayspecs

Okey dokey.

I disagree.

First half performance was the best I have seen Town play for far too long to remember. It is a good basis on which to build.

We are lightweight up front so really need to take the chances that come our way. We should have been two or three up at the break. We need to get the most out of what we have currently got and add options in January.

Perhaps if you change your name to Champions you will not be dragged down by your own agenda.
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 22:54 - Nov 23 with 9320 viewsLeagueOne

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 21:14 - Nov 10 by xrayspecs

Okey dokey.

I disagree.

First half performance was the best I have seen Town play for far too long to remember. It is a good basis on which to build.

We are lightweight up front so really need to take the chances that come our way. We should have been two or three up at the break. We need to get the most out of what we have currently got and add options in January.

Perhaps if you change your name to Champions you will not be dragged down by your own agenda.

I got a lot of hate for this, but I cannot see the way out of this. It's not my agenda, it's a statement of what I believe based on what's happening this season.

Does anyone believe that Evans will buy us out of the hole come January? I don't think so sadly.

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 21:49 - Nov 28 with 8928 viewsLeagueOne

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 22:54 - Nov 23 by LeagueOne

I got a lot of hate for this, but I cannot see the way out of this. It's not my agenda, it's a statement of what I believe based on what's happening this season.

Does anyone believe that Evans will buy us out of the hole come January? I don't think so sadly.

Again, tonight we proved that with this current crop of players we simply cannot win games of football, we started brightly but the quality is not there. People have been defending the likes of Bart, Knudsen, Spence, Chambers and Skuse all week but they have been as bad, if not worse than some of these so called subpar new signings this season. They have let us down massively and their hissy fit with Hurst over quote honestly reasonable grilling’s after their performances shows how little they are really up to this fight. A lot does hang on how the senior players perform and guess what, they are not performing.

Lambert has done a great job energising them but they are not good enough to play in this league, the idea that the table is a lie and points will come is simply a myth, without a huge chunk of cash placed on the managers table in January and a miracle there is now way in hell we are staying up, let alone actually winning a game for the rest of the season because this is the worse crop of players we have ever assembled here.

As I said, the blood is on Evans hands for this, he has drastically under funded this club for years. If he continues this tact, we’ll drop down another division yet. The anger Mick and Hurst got should really be aimed at him to be frank. Lambert won't be here if we drop either let's be honest, he's too good for that.

Can anyone say any different now?

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 00:22 - Nov 29 with 8611 viewsHARRY10

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 21:49 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

Again, tonight we proved that with this current crop of players we simply cannot win games of football, we started brightly but the quality is not there. People have been defending the likes of Bart, Knudsen, Spence, Chambers and Skuse all week but they have been as bad, if not worse than some of these so called subpar new signings this season. They have let us down massively and their hissy fit with Hurst over quote honestly reasonable grilling’s after their performances shows how little they are really up to this fight. A lot does hang on how the senior players perform and guess what, they are not performing.

Lambert has done a great job energising them but they are not good enough to play in this league, the idea that the table is a lie and points will come is simply a myth, without a huge chunk of cash placed on the managers table in January and a miracle there is now way in hell we are staying up, let alone actually winning a game for the rest of the season because this is the worse crop of players we have ever assembled here.

As I said, the blood is on Evans hands for this, he has drastically under funded this club for years. If he continues this tact, we’ll drop down another division yet. The anger Mick and Hurst got should really be aimed at him to be frank. Lambert won't be here if we drop either let's be honest, he's too good for that.

Can anyone say any different now?

"he has drastically under funded this club for years"

Whereas up to the last few weeks anyone stating that were howled down with shrieks of how he was 'pumping money in"

Any figure between £4-10m was regularly trotted out. So what has happened ?
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 00:36 - Nov 29 with 8588 viewsBlue_Moses

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 20:17 - Nov 10 by TheSelkirk

Well, we've got a better chance of staying up now than we did a couple of weeks ago.

At least there's some hope.

2 points out of the last 12...explain how our chances are better.
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 02:15 - Nov 29 with 8505 viewsBrixtonBlue

"Sorry to be so negative" says the man who called himself LeagueOne from the start of the season.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 02:25 - Nov 29 with 8489 viewsSpruceMoose

Tart. Your type would be no use in the trenches.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 2:25]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 03:21 - Nov 29 with 8428 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

The username has an odor to it. Who in their right mind would label themselves League One and claim to be a fan of this team. No offense, but that alone would be reason enough for suspicion.

And today ? Funny thing that, the English league season always ends in May does it not. I mean, there's ample time to rectify the situation. Insisting we're finished before the mid-point stage of a season would seem decidedly absurd.

Lo and behold the 'won't win another game' issue was the breaking point this end. Are you serious ? Concur that Evans IS a major factor in the teams fall from grace and make no mistake about it we got a fight ahead to regain Championship status, but some of the authors (other) reasonings were bizarre in the extreme.
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 03:24 - Nov 29 with 8412 viewsSpruceMoose

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 03:21 - Nov 29 by Minneapolis_ITFC

The username has an odor to it. Who in their right mind would label themselves League One and claim to be a fan of this team. No offense, but that alone would be reason enough for suspicion.

And today ? Funny thing that, the English league season always ends in May does it not. I mean, there's ample time to rectify the situation. Insisting we're finished before the mid-point stage of a season would seem decidedly absurd.

Lo and behold the 'won't win another game' issue was the breaking point this end. Are you serious ? Concur that Evans IS a major factor in the teams fall from grace and make no mistake about it we got a fight ahead to regain Championship status, but some of the authors (other) reasonings were bizarre in the extreme.

Too many posters on here tonight are acting wetter than a fanny fart. Hopefully a good night's sleep will sort them out and they can work out tomorrow that the season isn't over yet.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 05:10 - Nov 29 with 8347 viewstextbackup

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 02:25 - Nov 29 by SpruceMoose

Tart. Your type would be no use in the trenches.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 2:25]

have you seen us play? even with 4/5 quality additions (that we wont get) in Jan, they'll need to click instantly (which wont happen) we are down. we have Roberts, Jackson, spence, Edwards, chambers, bart to turn to to help us - they are the guys that you wouldn't want in the trenches.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 07:07 - Nov 29 with 8136 viewsBloomBlue

Still plenty of games left to get the points we need.

Only concern I have from last night is football is 80% confidence and the players will know given BC recent form that was a great chance to get a win and they looked more deflated at the end than I've seen them for a long time. But there is more pressure at home I can see them winning one of the next 2 games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024