Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Agreeing With LeagueOne 18:58 - Nov 10 with 5420 viewsJackADP

I hate to admit this, but I have to agree with LeagueOne’s post earlier marking today as relegation.

We can’t hold a lead, we don’t have quality going forward to finish chances at vital times and we lack defensive and midfield quality to be a stable team across the park.

Looking at our run in of games before Christmas, there isn’t one game I look at and think “yeah we could win that” - the next I think that about is Millwall/Rotherham at home.

By that time I think it’s too late. I can see us being too many points adrift to salvage it - we desperately needed a win out of the last two games and I think, although we’ve been much better, it shows we lack quality.

I trust Lambert, but I think by Christmas we’ll be too far away to be able to salvage our position.

In my opinion, we need a miracle.

Nonetheless, COYB.
Agreeing With LeagueOne on 18:59 - Nov 10 with 4547 viewsJ2BLUE

Definitely needed a new thread for you to agree with him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:04 - Nov 10 with 4506 viewsfabian_illness

There are a certain group of so called fans who are desperate to see us relegated so they can say ‘I told you so’.
They need to grow up and support or f**k off.
Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:08 - Nov 10 with 4463 viewsBlueBadger

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:04 - Nov 10 by fabian_illness

There are a certain group of so called fans who are desperate to see us relegated so they can say ‘I told you so’.

Balls.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:10 - Nov 10 with 4450 viewsKeaneish

5 points adrift with 87 to play for...
Id say that prediction is way off.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:10 - Nov 10 with 4450 viewsBraveDave

There was nothing about today's performance that said relegation. If you didn't know our position, you would have thought we were in and around the playoffs. Therefore, if we can continue with the quality we showed today, we will comfortably recover those 5 points. I agree we still need a bit more quality in front of goal, but if you can't feel optimistic after that performance, I don't know why you bother.

Sorry to be positive - I know it's not acceptable for some on here
Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:11 - Nov 10 with 4448 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

29 games left in a league were surprising results happen a fair bit. 5 points off safety with 87 points available. Yep we're already relegated 🙈
Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:11 - Nov 10 with 4437 viewsGeoffSentence

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:04 - Nov 10 by fabian_illness

Why do you say that?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:12 - Nov 10 with 4423 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:11 - Nov 10 by GeoffSentence

Why do you say that?

It's clearly true. Relegation seems to be some sort of fetish for quite a few people.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:16 - Nov 10 with 4395 viewsJackADP

Forgot to add in the original post - I do think results will improve after Christmas when Lambert has his say on some transfers, but I just fear that we could be too far away by that point to chip away at the points to safety.

Also, would like to state - there’s no part of me on the ‘I told you so’ train. I wanted McCarthy gone, was happy with Hursts appointment, wanted him gone and am relatively happy with Lambert - so falling in line with most fans and not any part of me can and would want to say “I told you so”
Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:18 - Nov 10 with 4385 viewsPecker

Although todays result seems like a loss, our performance was vastly improved. With a little more work on the training ground, I can easily see us gaining the points to survive this season.
Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:19 - Nov 10 with 4372 viewsBrixtonBlue

We will have to get wins against teams not so close to us. Which I think we will. Our only win so far came away at Swansea. There's a myth that teams like Reading and Preston = wins. They're fighting for their lives too.

Also it's worth remembering Lambert has been in the door less than two weeks.

Our position is perilous but let's not get carried away. Long way to go and a lot of points to play for still.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:20 - Nov 10 with 4366 viewsfatronaldo

Jeeeeeeesus christ. Cheer up mate.. Its five points up and 29 games to go.....

Cant you see the massive change in just two weeks under Lambert?

We will be fine.
Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:35 - Nov 10 with 4276 viewsBinner

We all are aware of our shortcomings. We knew before Lambert arrived that we are favourites for relegation and, given our position, rightly so. But it is all to play for, still. In each of the last two games we have seen a vast improvement on the pitch and have sniffed victory but fallen just short.

We also know that this league is very even and that, on their day, any team can upset the form book. I expect us to pick up points between now and January. Our next game is a toughie against Baggies but if we can repeat todays first half performance we can beat them.

We have spirited players in the club and we now have a manager who, it seems, can get the best from them. And we can strengthen in January.

It will be a long, hard fight but, as I've said above, It is all to play for.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 20:39 - Nov 10 with 4117 viewsGuthrum

I can see us beating West Brom or Bristol - maybe both - if we can play like we did in the first half (and even defend as stongly as we did for much of the second) today.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 20:45 - Nov 10 with 4100 viewsTheSelkirk

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:35 - Nov 10 by Binner

We all are aware of our shortcomings. We knew before Lambert arrived that we are favourites for relegation and, given our position, rightly so. But it is all to play for, still. In each of the last two games we have seen a vast improvement on the pitch and have sniffed victory but fallen just short.

We also know that this league is very even and that, on their day, any team can upset the form book. I expect us to pick up points between now and January. Our next game is a toughie against Baggies but if we can repeat todays first half performance we can beat them.

We have spirited players in the club and we now have a manager who, it seems, can get the best from them. And we can strengthen in January.

It will be a long, hard fight but, as I've said above, It is all to play for.

Agreed. At least we have a little more hope now.
Agreeing With LeagueOne on 22:07 - Nov 10 with 3969 viewsVaughan8

The positive is we seem to be playing better, actually getting more than 3 shots a game, and we are scoring as well.

The negatives are we can't hold onto a lead and we aren't winning. We have played all the teams near the bottom and haven't beaten any of them.

West Brom next should be interesting. We will see how much we have improved in that game.
Agreeing With LeagueOne on 22:45 - Nov 10 with 3879 viewsSomethingBlue

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:12 - Nov 10 by J2BLUE

It's clearly true. Relegation seems to be some sort of fetish for quite a few people.

Well said. It's very odd. The improvement within just a fortnight is clear and, while there are some very tough months ahead, we are going to be ok.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 22:46 - Nov 10 with 3871 viewsBloomBlue

So 3 points today would mean we stay in this league but as we only got 1 point we're relegated ?
Agreeing With LeagueOne on 23:04 - Nov 10 with 3810 viewsRyorry

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:10 - Nov 10 by BraveDave

There was nothing about today's performance that said relegation. If you didn't know our position, you would have thought we were in and around the playoffs. Therefore, if we can continue with the quality we showed today, we will comfortably recover those 5 points. I agree we still need a bit more quality in front of goal, but if you can't feel optimistic after that performance, I don't know why you bother.

Sorry to be positive - I know it's not acceptable for some on here

We are going down by blueconscience 10 Nov 2018 16:59
[cry]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 23:19 - Nov 10 with 3768 viewsGeoffSentence

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 19:12 - Nov 10 by J2BLUE

Sure, some people think we will get relegated. I am one of them. For all PL's good work I don't think there is enough about the squad that PH left to get us out of this mire. BUt that's a world away from actually wanting us to get relegated. I'd be surprised if any Town fan wanted us to get relegated, especially just for the sake of saying 'I told you so'/

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 23:57 - Nov 10 with 3687 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Whilst I think most fans think it’s a tough task, there are so many points to play for and we are making so much progression in such a short space time. The next two weeks of rest & further training is going to see greater strides made.

And the last thing we need is ‘supporters’ writing us off with so so much football to play.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 00:11 - Nov 11 with 3662 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

And btw Reading are worse than us. Don’t think Rotherham will be sustainable, and there is a couple of teams struggling such as; ourselves, Hull, Bolton, Millwall, Sheff Wed.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 00:23 - Nov 11 with 3628 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Baffling that this post has been panned so much - seems fairly balanced and realistic to me. Of course, people are entitled to stick their head in the sand if they wish but realistically for all the promise shown over the last 2 games Lambert still has a massive job on his hands to get us out of the mess we’re in, and ultimately we have failed to win both games against teams around us

Relegation still seems the most likely outcome for me

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 00:23 - Nov 11 with 3629 viewsBugs

I'm honestly not too worried about relegation, due to the fact that I think we will stay up with games to spare.
Agreeing With LeagueOne on 01:38 - Nov 11 with 3531 viewsRyorry

Agreeing With LeagueOne on 00:23 - Nov 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Baffling that this post has been panned so much - seems fairly balanced and realistic to me. Of course, people are entitled to stick their head in the sand if they wish but realistically for all the promise shown over the last 2 games Lambert still has a massive job on his hands to get us out of the mess we’re in, and ultimately we have failed to win both games against teams around us

Relegation still seems the most likely outcome for me

But equally, I find it baffling that some people think we're going to continue either static, or at exactly the same rate of progress in the future as we have been in the past. Since we've made so much progress in the past two weeks under Lambert, don't you think this might well snowball to become even more progressive the more time he has and the more familiar players become with his methods, coaching, training moves and playing style? Not to mention the potential dividends from a more settled team becoming more used to each other, therefore playing as a more cohesive unit, and having growing confidence in themselves?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024