Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else watch the docu on BT ' Brothers in Football'? 22:37 - Nov 10 with 764 viewsnorth_stand77

Story of The Corinthians - Casuals.
What a fairy tale, well worth a watch if you are interested, I certainly had no idea of their history.
Anybody else watch the docu on BT ' Brothers in Football'? on 22:26 - Nov 11 with 670 viewsEwan_Oozami

I used to watch Corinthian Casuals with my Dad when they did a ground share with Tooting and Mitcham in the 60s He told me about their history and how they inspired the Corinthians team in Brazil and I always thought they'd struggle to survive because their kit was so awful, it was like a horribly constructed Battenberg cake!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anybody else watch the docu on BT ' Brothers in Football'? on 23:52 - Nov 11 with 644 viewsnorth_stand77

Anybody else watch the docu on BT ' Brothers in Football'? on 22:26 - Nov 11 by Ewan_Oozami

I used to watch Corinthian Casuals with my Dad when they did a ground share with Tooting and Mitcham in the 60s He told me about their history and how they inspired the Corinthians team in Brazil and I always thought they'd struggle to survive because their kit was so awful, it was like a horribly constructed Battenberg cake!

I knew nothing of their history before seeing this programme.
The Players have never received any payment for playing and the club struggles financially.

For a team like that to inspire a Brazilian club named after The Corinthians with 30 million fans, is incredible. ( a player returned to Brazil early 20th c with a gift of 2 football's for his local kids and then taught them the rules of football. A friendship between the two clubs begun.).

The story is that Brazilian Corinthians fans regularly visit the London club as a pilgramage, but to help them financially ( they were considering folding) the Brazilians invited them over to play in front of 48,000 fans who treated the part timers like idols!

What a fantastic thing to do - and The Corinthian Casuals suddenly had 17 offers of sponsorship as a result.

A heartwarming tale, and a stark contrast to the vast sums that are given to support the PL
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024