Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not great being a Norwich based blue today... 01:59 - Nov 11 with 4676 viewsGunnsAirkick

Was walking to the pub just after we'd conceded. All good, we're drawing, they're losing, etc. Then heard a huge roar, checked and they'd equalised. Walked a bit further down then heard an almighty roar, they'd bloody won. Carrow Road has seemed quiet the last few years but that was a proper roar, I was nowhere near the stadium and I heard it. Depressing. They did us a favour I guess. Hope they f*ck it up though!
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 12:46]
Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 09:47 - Nov 11 with 4296 viewsBent_double

Sickening, isn't it. How they have managed to keep on finding the right managers and players year on year, just as we slip further and further away, is beyond me.

I hope they crash and burn from January onwards, but unfortunately I don't think they will, and we'll have the ultimate injustice: them going up, us going down.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 09:52 - Nov 11 with 4279 viewsWD19

Happy to help here: They won't go up.

So we all just need to focus on the job in front of us to ensure we are (again) in the same division as them next year.
Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 10:14 - Nov 11 with 4220 viewsNo9

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 09:47 - Nov 11 by Bent_double

Sickening, isn't it. How they have managed to keep on finding the right managers and players year on year, just as we slip further and further away, is beyond me.

I hope they crash and burn from January onwards, but unfortunately I don't think they will, and we'll have the ultimate injustice: them going up, us going down.

Presently they have a football man doing the recruiting
Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 10:24 - Nov 11 with 4181 viewsBloomBlue

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 10:14 - Nov 11 by No9

Presently they have a football man doing the recruiting

More important they ignored their fans when they wanted the manager sacked.
Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 13:04 - Nov 11 with 3962 viewsbritbiker

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 10:24 - Nov 11 by BloomBlue

More important they ignored their fans when they wanted the manager sacked.

Agree with you. I looked at their forum pee season and Farke was getting a lot of flak from some of their fans, and probably rightly so. They were just about to sell their saviour of last year and the prem funds were gone. They were buying loads of foreign unknowns.
Unfortunately for us they have recruited Pukki who looks like a real find. Would be good if someone come in for him in Jan but no doubt they would get a decent finders fee.
Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 13:17 - Nov 11 with 3906 viewsHARRY10

I think it goes right to the top.

For all of her faults Delia is committed (should be, some might say). The board seems to be made up of local supporters so they are fully behind the club.

Evans is not that involved. Milne is clear evidence of that.

So as long as he is here we will suffer. There is enough goodwill and support around the club to easily match what they are doing, but there seems to be little opportunity for it as things stand.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 14:38]
on 16:07 - Nov 11 with 3675 views_

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 16:10 - Nov 11 with 3660 viewsmrshallisfit

It's called being run properly. Not having a clueless dumbf##k like Marcus Evans.
Login to get fewer ads

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 16:12 - Nov 11 with 3646 viewsNthsuffolkblue

on 16:07 - Nov 11 by _

As poor as the stagnation of our football team is, the lack of investment and stagnation of Ipswich as a town is even more disgraceful.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

on 16:20 - Nov 11 with 3613 views_

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 16:12 - Nov 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

As poor as the stagnation of our football team is, the lack of investment and stagnation of Ipswich as a town is even more disgraceful.

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 19:18 - Nov 11 with 3040 viewshenley07

You had me at intensive driving course.
Please do the right thing and post every trip your about to take!
Should have been banned years ago!
on 19:22 - Nov 11 with 3024 views_

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 19:18 - Nov 11 by henley07

You had me at intensive driving course.
Please do the right thing and post every trip your about to take!
Should have been banned years ago!

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 19:39 - Nov 11 with 2949 viewsSlambo

Very harsh. Ipswich is a much nicer place to live than people give it credit for. Loads of good pubs and restaurants, a town centre full of character, the beautiful waterfront and plenty of cultural events if people bother to look for them. The shopping could be better, but isn't as bad a everyone makes out. The problem is, it's competing with Norwich, which for my money is the nicest place to live in England, or certainly up there...

Where I feel Ipswich falls short - and where it has no excuse to - is the lack of a consistent alternative nightlife, like what Norwich has with the Arts Centre. There's a university now, and already a sizeable 18-30 year old population. No reason whatsoever why Ipswich couldn't sustain something like that...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 19:48 - Nov 11 with 2914 viewsSlambo

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 16:12 - Nov 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

There's been plenty of investment in Ipswich..?! The university has been fully accredited (youngest university in the country I gather), currently building the Hold - set to be the largest archive in Suffolk, just finished a 3 million pound renovation of the town centre, a complete refurb of the train station a couple of years back, dozens of housing projects earmarked, early planning stages of the Upper Orwell crossings and/or northern bypass...Ipswich is undergoing a renaissance. Any kids I may have in the future will be growing up in a much better place than the one I did, that's for sure...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 19:56 - Nov 11 with 2888 viewsbackwaywhen

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 13:04 - Nov 11 by britbiker

Agree with you. I looked at their forum pee season and Farke was getting a lot of flak from some of their fans, and probably rightly so. They were just about to sell their saviour of last year and the prem funds were gone. They were buying loads of foreign unknowns.
Unfortunately for us they have recruited Pukki who looks like a real find. Would be good if someone come in for him in Jan but no doubt they would get a decent finders fee.

I predicted a few weeks back that the scum were going to do a Huddersfield....stand by that even more now as I feel they are better than Huddersfield were at same stage ! Really hope i’m wrong by the way .
Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 21:48 - Nov 11 with 2617 viewsGunnsAirkick

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 19:39 - Nov 11 by Slambo

Very harsh. Ipswich is a much nicer place to live than people give it credit for. Loads of good pubs and restaurants, a town centre full of character, the beautiful waterfront and plenty of cultural events if people bother to look for them. The shopping could be better, but isn't as bad a everyone makes out. The problem is, it's competing with Norwich, which for my money is the nicest place to live in England, or certainly up there...

Where I feel Ipswich falls short - and where it has no excuse to - is the lack of a consistent alternative nightlife, like what Norwich has with the Arts Centre. There's a university now, and already a sizeable 18-30 year old population. No reason whatsoever why Ipswich couldn't sustain something like that...

Have to agree. Whilst Norwich is nicer, I enjoy going to Ipswich and yes there are some cracking pubs. I hate shopping though so couldn't care less about shopping centres. I will say Ipswich seems in better shape than it did about 5 years ago, there seems to be more development finally going on.
on 21:54 - Nov 11 with 2582 views_

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 21:48 - Nov 11 by GunnsAirkick

Have to agree. Whilst Norwich is nicer, I enjoy going to Ipswich and yes there are some cracking pubs. I hate shopping though so couldn't care less about shopping centres. I will say Ipswich seems in better shape than it did about 5 years ago, there seems to be more development finally going on.

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 22:12 - Nov 11 with 2541 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 21:48 - Nov 11 by GunnsAirkick

I hope so but shopping is poor and the whole area from the Wolsey to the ground is so poorly looked after. If only it could be properly cleaned up and maintained. How can it possibly be competing with Norwich? OK for people who live Saxmundham/Halesworth/Framlingham/Bury St Edmunds area but there is a massive potential "catchment" if the town could truly tap into it. It does not sit very favourably when compared with Colchester as a town. It really should do and I hope it soon does.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not great being a Norwich based blue today... on 22:18 - Nov 11 with 2524 viewsGunnsAirkick

on 21:54 - Nov 11 by _

I think everywhere has its good and bad sides, I might feel different if I lived in Ipswich I guess but I like going there not just for games but also just in general. Yarmouth is a far bigger s**t hole than Ipswich will ever be, yet I had a really good day and night out there a few months back!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024