Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading view 08:32 - Nov 11 with 2473 viewsChocorange

Checked out the Reading fans forum, Hob nob anyone , and they are complimentary about us.

Best team they had seen all season based on how strong our first half was especially. Also ' fair play to Ipswich, they came in their numbers today'

I think the changes we have seen in two weeks are immense, still things to work on, but a huge improvement on what was being served up game after game.

What a difference a manager makes.
Reading view on 14:16 - Nov 11 with 2075 viewsWhitley

There is a difference , lots of our fans tell it the way it is,we have respect. then I see a post on here saying how much they hate us because of our kit, our stadium and our fans.

Yesterday your lot looked very good in the first half, but most of that was down to how absolute dross we were. 2nd half was far more even and with better finishing we could have nicked it. our keeper made a couple of decent stops in the 1st half so I would say a draw was a fair result.

Don`t expect you to agree through rose tinted glasses but that`s just the way I saw it.
Reading view on 14:20 - Nov 11 with 2052 viewsHarry_Palmer

Reading view on 14:16 - Nov 11 by Whitley

There is a difference , lots of our fans tell it the way it is,we have respect. then I see a post on here saying how much they hate us because of our kit, our stadium and our fans.

Yesterday your lot looked very good in the first half, but most of that was down to how absolute dross we were. 2nd half was far more even and with better finishing we could have nicked it. our keeper made a couple of decent stops in the 1st half so I would say a draw was a fair result.

Don`t expect you to agree through rose tinted glasses but that`s just the way I saw it.

Nah I'd go along with that. Had we managed to get a third at 2-1 I think it would have killed you, but we didn't and by the end we were hanging on. Fair result.
Reading view on 14:21 - Nov 11 with 2044 viewsWD19

To be fair, I personally didn't say your kit or stadium were crap.....
Reading view on 14:24 - Nov 11 with 2023 viewsm14_blue

I don't have a problem with your kit or your fans, always seem like a decent bunch, if a bit quiet.

It's not a great stadium for an away day though is it? You must yearn for Elm Park.
Reading view on 14:29 - Nov 11 with 2003 viewsm14_blue

Oh and I agree, draw was a fair result.

2 points dropped for us though after being so dominant first half. Could be a long season for us both.
Reading view on 14:35 - Nov 11 with 1968 viewsBLUEBEAT

That was my first visit to the new stadium. I quite like it, for a modern one. Smaller/compact compared to others ‘in the same range’. But why build oversized if you can’t fill it?

Reading fans are extremely quiet. Is that normal?

Nice to see a team containing a few headless chickens. I was beginning to think we were the only ones.

Based on what I saw yesterday, I’d fully expect to see Reading trying to claw themselves out of the bottom 3 come April, like us.

Poll: W or W

Reading view on 14:36 - Nov 11 with 1960 viewsWhitley

Reading view on 14:24 - Nov 11 by m14_blue

I don't have a problem with your kit or your fans, always seem like a decent bunch, if a bit quiet.

It's not a great stadium for an away day though is it? You must yearn for Elm Park.

Indeed . loved Elm park. but old and falling apart, needed to move, it`s been 20 years now so the Madejski is hardly new.
Bit of a trek from the station if you come by train. but decent transport links. and a new station opening next year near the ground.
Reading view on 14:39 - Nov 11 with 1942 viewsm14_blue

Reading view on 14:36 - Nov 11 by Whitley

Indeed . loved Elm park. but old and falling apart, needed to move, it`s been 20 years now so the Madejski is hardly new.
Bit of a trek from the station if you come by train. but decent transport links. and a new station opening next year near the ground.

That will make a big difference actually.
Login to get fewer ads

Reading view on 14:42 - Nov 11 with 1936 viewsWhitley

Reading view on 14:35 - Nov 11 by BLUEBEAT

That was my first visit to the new stadium. I quite like it, for a modern one. Smaller/compact compared to others ‘in the same range’. But why build oversized if you can’t fill it?

Reading fans are extremely quiet. Is that normal?

Nice to see a team containing a few headless chickens. I was beginning to think we were the only ones.

Based on what I saw yesterday, I’d fully expect to see Reading trying to claw themselves out of the bottom 3 come April, like us.

It`s very normal for it to quiet, theres been very little to cheer in recent years. if you noticed the group of around 200 fans to your left, they are known as Club 1871 (the year we were formed)

They got together to try and galvanise some atmosphere with the hope of trying to fill that section. so far it hasn`t worked out as well as some would have hoped.

When we are playing well believe it or not it can get quite noisy, but its very rare these days.
Reading view on 14:47 - Nov 11 with 1906 viewsm14_blue

Reading view on 14:42 - Nov 11 by Whitley

It`s very normal for it to quiet, theres been very little to cheer in recent years. if you noticed the group of around 200 fans to your left, they are known as Club 1871 (the year we were formed)

They got together to try and galvanise some atmosphere with the hope of trying to fill that section. so far it hasn`t worked out as well as some would have hoped.

When we are playing well believe it or not it can get quite noisy, but its very rare these days.

Sounds like another championship ground I could name tbf...
Reading view on 21:52 - Nov 11 with 1503 viewsfarkenhell

I think you're being a tad generous there. 1st half, we played as well as I've seen since can't remember when. 2nd half, you were better than us and we were hanging on at the end. A classic game of two halves, as I said to my brother-in-law.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024