Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Giving lifts to strangers... 09:13 - Nov 11 with 482 viewsPendejo

I have in the past picked up the odd hitch hiker, none of whom have ever been anything other than grateful for a lift and I promise I haven't buried any of them.

Yesterday morning leaving for work @ 04:45 I had to walk past a chap on leaving my residence in the 'hood to get to my car. It is a habit of mine in such circumstances to wish the person a "good morning", which I guess opens up potential for conversation.

As I got to my car he called over to me to ask my destination, on hearing "Heathrow" he asks if I will pass thru Vauxhall and I confirm that I do... "Any chance of a lift?" To say no would have been a tad churlish... sure hop on board I say thinking it was someone on the way to work. Where he was standing gave a view to both ends of the street giving him the option of buses in different directions either of which are good for connections / transport hubs.

However, on entering the car it was clear he'd had a "good night" as he stank of booze, I still thought he was on way to work...

We got acquainted; exchanging names and flat numbers - we live in same block, may well have seen each other but never spoken before.

When sober drunk people really annoy me as their conversation is repetitive and they get arsey if you disagree with them, or in some cases don't show absolute support for their p.o.v., thus was the 15 minute journey... me thinking to myself oh why couldn't I have just not have extended a salutation.

All in all he was ok, he didn't murder me, but he has invited me for a drink... I look forward with trepidation.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024